Threaded View

Beer and Music

Recently Deceased Artists

Instead of creating a new thread for every influental artist that died, let's use this thread to post future notable music related deaths. - Phixion

Rest In Peace Peter Steele, you awesome vocal work and solid bass playing will be missed.

ype O Negative singer/frontman Peter Steele has been confirmed dead at the age of 48.

The legendary frontman Peter Steele is rumored to have passed away due to heart failure. His passing was first reported by Mistress Juliya (a.k.a. Juliya Chernetsky) of Fuse TV. Her Twitter page, stated that she spoke to Type O Negative guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

"He passed of heart failure today. Just spoke to Kenny."

"Today is a very sad day in metal. End of an era. Peter Steele passed today. I loved my friend…our idol…my heart is with his band and family…"

Peter Steele was previously rumored to have died in 2005, when an image of a tombstone was posted to the group’s website bearing his name. The announcement turned out to be a hoax. Peter Steele had recently been thought to have overcome his long-standing cocaine and alcohol dependencies.

Peter Steele was born in 1962 and released seven studio albums with Type O Negative between 1991 and 2007.

Thanks for the report to SmnNews.com
    Link: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ead_at_48.html