Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Beer and Music

Recently Deceased Artists

Instead of creating a new thread for every influental artist that died, let's use this thread to post future notable music related deaths. - Phixion

Rest In Peace Peter Steele, you awesome vocal work and solid bass playing will be missed.

ype O Negative singer/frontman Peter Steele has been confirmed dead at the age of 48.

The legendary frontman Peter Steele is rumored to have passed away due to heart failure. His passing was first reported by Mistress Juliya (a.k.a. Juliya Chernetsky) of Fuse TV. Her Twitter page, stated that she spoke to Type O Negative guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

"He passed of heart failure today. Just spoke to Kenny."

"Today is a very sad day in metal. End of an era. Peter Steele passed today. I loved my friend…our idol…my heart is with his band and family…"

Peter Steele was previously rumored to have died in 2005, when an image of a tombstone was posted to the group’s website bearing his name. The announcement turned out to be a hoax. Peter Steele had recently been thought to have overcome his long-standing cocaine and alcohol dependencies.

Peter Steele was born in 1962 and released seven studio albums with Type O Negative between 1991 and 2007.

Thanks for the report to SmnNews.com
    Link: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ead_at_48.html

Decidedly Undecided
    Wow. Talk about a major downer.

Wasn't he one of your favorite bassists?

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

DJ Premier confirmed 2 hours ago via twitter that Guru has died yesterday.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2010/04...medium=twitter
    Last edited by Phixion; 04-20-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typo

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    DJ Premier confimred 2 hours ago via twitter that Guru has died yesterday.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2010/04...medium=twitter
    Fuck...who's next? Dre? Steve Vai?

Rest In Peace Guru.

I didn't know Guru had cancer, damn. : (

Rest Peace Guru.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Beer and Music
    I know that he's not dead, but still, it's some news.
    LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Two weeks removed from an emergency appendectomy, Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital on Thursday night where it was discovered the rocker had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, a rep for the rocker confirmed to Access Hollywood.

The 47-year-old "Rock of Love" and "Celebrity Apprentice" reality star is currently listed in critical condition.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Rocker-Turned-Reality Star Bret Michaels Over The Years

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," a source close to the situation told People.

In addition, Bret's rep told Access, "We will have no additional information until further testing is done."

Earlier this week, Bret hit up his blog with a light-hearted and encouraging update on his recovery, following his appendectomy on April 12 in San Antonio, Texas.

"I've been spending my time in the hospital watching 'Modern Family.' It is the best new comedy out there," he wrote on his personal blog on April 17. "And yes there are hot nurses taking care of me, in case you were curious. I mean, come on, every man has the nurse fantasy don't they?"

While he was in good spirits, Bret also revealed just how serious his condition was before the surgery.

"I have played concerts with broken bones, extremely low blood sugars, the flu, colds, and all kinds of things before. I tend to try to perform at all costs. But, I knew I was really sick this time when I started throwing up that morning and didn't stop all day. I just didn't realize how bad it was," he continued. "After the [surgery], they told me that if I had gone onstage like I wanted to, it likely would have ruptured and I could have died. Not good."
    Link: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bret-micha...rhage/39733?nc

\o/
    I hate Bret Michaels.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    R.I.P. guru. FUCK SOLAR!
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Beer and Music

Metal legend Ronnie James Dio dead at 67

Dammit.....:( :( :(

— Ronnie James Dio, whose soaring vocals, poetic lyrics and mythic tales of a never-ending struggle between good and evil broke new ground in heavy metal, died Sunday, according to a statement from his wife and manager. He was 67.

Dio revealed last summer that he was suffering from stomach cancer shortly after wrapping up a tour in Atlantic City, N.J. with the latest incarnation of Black Sabbath, under the name Heaven And Hell.

"Today my heart is broken, Wendy Dio wrote on the singer's site, adding he died at 7:45 a.m. "Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away.

"Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all, Wendy Dio continued. "We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us ... Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

The statement was confirmed by Los Angeles publicist Maureen O'Connor.

Dio rose to fame in 1975 as the first lead singer of Rainbow, the heavy metal band put together by guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, who had just quit Deep Purple.

Dio then replaced legendary vocalist Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath in 1980 with the critically acclaimed album "Heaven And Hell, considered by many critics to be one of the finest heavy metal albums of all time. His on-again, off-again tenure with Black Sabbath touched off an intense debate among fans as to which singer was the true essence of the band — a discussion that lasted until his death.

He also enjoyed a successful solo career with his self-titled band, Dio, in between his three stints with Black Sabbath (1980-82; 1992; and 2007-2009, when the band toured as Heaven And Hell, to differentiate it from Osbourne-led versions of Sabbath).

Many of his most memorable songs revolved around the struggle between good and evil, including his signature tune "Heaven And Hell. He also drew heavily on medieval imagery in songs like "Neon Knights, "Killing The Dragon and "Stargazer.

"He possessed one of the greatest voices in all of heavy metal, and had a heart to match it, said Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French, whose band toured with Dio since 1983, and was to do so again this summer at European rock festivals. "He was the nicest, classiest person you would ever want to meet.

Dio organized an all-star charity collaboration in 1986 called "Hear N Aid to raise money for famine relief in Africa, styled on the successful "We Are The World campaign of a few years earlier.

His solo hits included "Rainbow In The Dark, "The Last In Line and "Holy Diver.
    link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7007917.html

Sad day...very very sad day. Rock on Ronnie James Dio!! You gave us amazing music when in Rainbow, Dio, and Black Sabbath! <3

Was just about to post this. RIP Dio...

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    Was just about to post this. RIP Dio...
    Me too.

R.I.P.

Rock the heavens.