Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naruto Theories Rulebook

To help divide official discussion and theoretical discussion, and make the Naruto forums more bearable to read through, we've opened a sub-forum for all your theories!

There will be less moderation in what we consider to be a "dumb, pointless thread" in that forum, but keep in mind that we will still trash threads that add no real point of discussion to the forum.

Back up your theories with evidence and try and make them interesting!

Flaming will not be tolerated, as with all our forums. We realize that people can get pretty caught up in debates over theories since what seems logical to one person might seem totally off the wall to another. Heated discussions are great, but don't cross the line.

Here's an example of this rule:

BAD! The following will get you infracted or suspended from the forum.

[Some guy's theory in quotes]

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. First of all, learn to spell, your grammar is horrible!, if you had any form of education you'd realize the stupidity of everything you just typed.

GOOD! We encourage posts like the following.

[Some guy's theory in quotes]

I completely disagree with your evidence and don't see how it realistically applies to the theory at all. Here's why it doesn't work out... [etc]

-----

You'll notice that the good post didn't insult the member's grammar. Not everyone on the internet is a native English speaker, so you have to get over a few typos and poorly constructed sentences when browsing it. It also contained no personal attacks, it replied with counter-evidence suggesting that the theory wasn't very good. Constructive replies go a long way to an enjoyable debate over the issue.

Have fun!

this is the good stuff right here, we need more threads like these to keep us safe from the evil, mind numbing naruto theories.

I'd like to point out one small issue, sometimes there has been submitted threads in the theories section which do not even belong in the theories section, it seems some people do not realize the meaning of submitting a theories thread in the Naruto theories section. Instead other threads are made in the theories section, with for example a title like 'Tsunade will die' and when you open that thread, you see the thread creator's first post which says
    It's quite obvious, Naruto will become hokage

I don't recall that being a theory, please refrain from posting threads that don't have anything to do with theories.

I was just thinking, it might be a good idea to change this sub-forum's name to "Naruto hypotheses". Ok, so some of the lesser minded people may not know what it means, but it seems that most of the theories posted here aren't theories anyway.

Either that or you could put something like this in to the first post:

A theory is an unconfirmed idea or explanation based on a set of widely accepted truths or facts. No proof, no theory.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

lol, a thread for naruto theories... whitebeard must've had kittens when it was created...

Naruto

just to be clear, if we thought that the fourth hokage was narutos dad, before any proof in the manga came out, like jirya telling tsuande then what would we have done?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    guy, if you had a theory concerning that, all you would have had to have don was state your exact theory, say why you think this is the case, perhaps throw in some evidence from the manga, provide a few links if you wanted and so forth.

What wouldn't have been tolerated would be anything other then this, for example

Hey don't you guys think that the fourth could be naruto's dad
    or
    The fourth is naruto's dad, thats easy to see, discuss...
    Those aren't theories, but a question and a statement (crappy examples, but you do come across threads like these)

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

At easter there was a thread where a harsh guy freaked out and offended some other posters, was he punished or banned? NO
    So what's up with those rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    At easter there was a thread where a harsh guy freaked out and offended some other posters, was he punished or banned? NO
    So what's up with those rules?
    Could you please give us the name or a link or something?

(via PM)

It was a thread about pein being a sarutobi. I don't remember the name right now...
    Anyway it doesen't matter anymore.
    The thread is in the graveyard.