Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seke View Post
    While i agree with lunchroomclassic in that it'd be incredibly lame if the Madara we know turned out not to be Madara (especially since, amongst several others, the 4th himself identified him as Madara), the fourth page* of chapter 490 really doesn't leave much room for speculation.
    Did Yondaime really identify him as Madara, though? I remember back when I read that chapter that Yondaime identifying him only as that "masked Akatsuki" sounded suspicious.

Based on Madara's reaction, whoever was in that coffin is someone Madara thought could never be resurrected or thought would be the very last person anyone would think to resurrect. Also, it's clearly something that is directly tied to Madara. Resurrecting somebody who Madara knew wouldn't cause that kind of reaction. So I'm ruling out anybody we've already seen before. So I don't think it's Izuna. Would have to question how Kabuto would even know that Madara had a brother if it turned out that way.

I'm going with something that directly conflicts with Madara's current identity. So when Kabuto busts this out on the battlefield, everyone is gonna be like "Da Fuck is goin on here!?" Madara's real body is certainly a good guess. I know if somebody summoned my real body right in front of me, I'd shit myself too. Certainly an interesting twist we've got here.

P.S. I guess I need to go back to using "Tobi" now. I finally accepted that this was Madara, then this chapter comes and brings back all my doubts. It's back to the drawing board of "Who's impersonating Madara" for me for now.

@kuroihikari

The 4th only identified him as a guy in a mask. He never stated that it was Uchiha Madara he encountered that night. Another thought though, if this isn't the real Madara, then that means there was somebody else besides Uchiha Madara capable of summoning and controlling the Kyuubi. So this is definitely an interesting twist Kishi has thrown us.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Did Yondaime really identify him as Madara, though? I remember back when I read that chapter that Yondaime identifying him only as that "masked Akatsuki" sounded suspicious.
    You're absolutely right, he only says it was a member of Akatsuki and that it was "the one with a mask".
    I wonder why i got it in my head that he actually said his name...
    Oh well, this means that there's a higher chance that it's the actual Madara in that coffin and that Tobi was just using his identity.
    I do hope that people don't start the Tobi = Obito crap again though, cause i'd really hate it if it turned out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    @kuroihikari

The 4th only identified him as a guy in a mask. He never stated that it was Uchiha Madara he encountered that night. Another thought though, if this isn't the real Madara, then that means there was somebody else besides Uchiha Madara capable of summoning and controlling the Kyuubi. So this is definitely an interesting twist Kishi has thrown us.
    An explanation for that would be that Tobi would be someone who grabbed and transplanted Madara's EMS, gaining his ability to control the Kyuubi. He probably saw the real Madara's dying moments.

An explanation for that would be that Tobi would be someone who grabbed and transplanted Madara's EMS, gaining his ability to control the Kyuubi. He probably saw the real Madara's dying moments.
    I don't think he necessarily needs to have the real Madara's eyes or anything. Sasuke was able to suppress the Kyuubi inside Naruto instinctively, so to speak.
    Controlling the Kyuubi might just be something that any powerful Uchiha can do.
    Orrrr maybe you'd need any mangekyou (sp?) to do it.

Itachi said that Madara is a shell of his former self and we don't know how much Itachi knew of Madara.
    I think that the summoned body in the coffin is Madaras real body, and as someone already said, I think it was POW..Madara could just have transferred his soul into another body.
    Maybe someone would ask how the hell could he have the Sharingan if it's in another body?
    Well, Nagato had his bodies aswell, and their abilities were also limited to 1 jutsu. Madara is just capable of warping/teleporting and summoning Gedou Mazou (eventually).
    This could connect to why Madara needed Nagatos Rinne Tensei.

Kabuto said he would not tell anyone, and Madara felt blackmailed..so he simply had to agree.

The one in the coffin is really confusing people. The one in the coffiin cud be anyone ranging from the rokudo senin to the 4th hokage. But the top 2 for me wud be rokudo senin and(this might be the most stupid theory ever)The real "Madara". first It cud be rokudo senin becuz who can make madara shit his pants and shock him?It has to be someone so powerful that not even he cud think of bringing it alive so he called kabuto a madman who ressurected it. 2nd once again the lamest theory.It cud be the real madara becuz the madara right now cud be obito. why? heres the reason :1)The madara right now wears a mask and that mask only has ony eyehole and that is the right one.Obito gave his left eye to kakashi so he only has the right one.(it connects right?)
    2)why does the madara now only have 1 sharingan? where did his other one go?Did the first hokage damage his eye? If he did why only one and not both?
    3)Everytime we get a close up look at madara's right sharingan it does not show the eternal sharingan but a 3 tomoe sharingan. So it cud mean hes not madara but obito.
    4)The madara now can also teleport like the 4th but without hand seals.preety amazing huh? PLus he does it without hand signs(Even the 4th hokage has to do some hand signs before teleporting)? So how can he do this without his ETERNAL SHARINGAN?

There it is the most lamest theory! Fell free to correct me as this just came in my mind right after reading the manga and looking at all ur posts.

Why would Madara be scared of kimimaro?
    cause he is one bad mofo
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

Spoiler!

I was thinking the body might be the Sage of the six paths. Anybody would be terrified to see him on a coffin. If it's madara, cautious, maybe scared.
    Naruto.... In my case... the gateway for the manga universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Based on Madara's reaction, whoever was in that coffin is someone Madara thought could never be resurrected or thought would be the very last person anyone would think to resurrect. Also, it's clearly something that is directly tied to Madara. Resurrecting somebody who Madara knew wouldn't cause that kind of reaction. So I'm ruling out anybody we've already seen before. So I don't think it's Izuna. Would have to question how Kabuto would even know that Madara had a brother if it turned out that way.

I'm going with something that directly conflicts with Madara's current identity. So when Kabuto busts this out on the battlefield, everyone is gonna be like "Da Fuck is goin on here!?" Madara's real body is certainly a good guess. I know if somebody summoned my real body right in front of me, I'd shit myself too. Certainly an interesting twist we've got here.

P.S. I guess I need to go back to using "Tobi" now. I finally accepted that this was Madara, then this chapter comes and brings back all my doubts. It's back to the drawing board of "Who's impersonating Madara" for me for now.

@kuroihikari

It could be someone who Madara feared which is why I think it could be the 4th, the fact that it could be the real Madara seems likely. All we know was the summon was targeting him directly which is why I think its someone who may have the power to defeat him or knows how. Also Madara may believe like many of us that Minato died using Shiki Fujin which would make him surprised that he can be brought back.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT