Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    He could have summon Orochimaru
    IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'M FROM TAKE A LOOK HERE MY FRIEND:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I really haven't seen any evidence against him being Madara.

True he is a self serving villain, but ...if we're going to say 100% sure he's not Madara, there should at least be some evidence for it?
    Well, it's always been sketchy with regards to him being who he claims to be. He doesn't need the mask for anything significant, since he took it off in front of Sasuke, and he's not using it to hide his identity, either, since he's proclaimed to everyone that he's Madara. In fact, he's actually gone quite far to prove that point, despite still wearing the mask.

Even his first intro, saying, "My power... Uchiha Madara's power!" complete with a flash of lightning in the background, was just a little to dramatic a proclamation of his own identity.

Just when we finally got enough backstory about Madara for his current motives to make some sense, Kabuto throws us this curveball. His words are ambiguous, but they seem to suggest that Tobi isn't who he claims he is. Kabuto knows Tobi's secret, whatever it is. Couple that with the nature of Edo Tensei, and we've got more reasons to doubt Tobi's identity.

No one's saying he's definitely not Madara. We're just questioning whether he is or not, and coming up with theories that would back up these claims (as opposed to just saying "he's Obito because of the hair")... Madara's identity is still one of the main mysteries in this otherwise pretty straightforward manga at this point.

Honestly, I'd like to see Tobi not be Madara, simply because otherwise the mask makes no sense at this point. Unless he's got like 6 EMS and 2 Rinnegan stapled to his face under there, I can't see what he could possibly still be hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Well, it's always been sketchy with regards to him being who he claims to be. He doesn't need the mask for anything significant, since he took it off in front of Sasuke, and he's not using it to hide his identity, either, since he's proclaimed to everyone that he's Madara. In fact, he's actually gone quite far to prove that point, despite still wearing the mask.

Even his first intro, saying, "My power... Uchiha Madara's power!" complete with a flash of lightning in the background, was just a little to dramatic a proclamation of his own identity.

Just when we finally got enough backstory about Madara for his current motives to make some sense, Kabuto throws us this curveball. His words are ambiguous, but they seem to suggest that Tobi isn't who he claims he is. Kabuto knows Tobi's secret, whatever it is. Couple that with the nature of Edo Tensei, and we've got more reasons to doubt Tobi's identity.

No one's saying he's definitely not Madara. We're just questioning whether he is or not, and coming up with theories that would back up these claims (as opposed to just saying "he's Obito because of the hair")... Madara's identity is still one of the main mysteries in this otherwise pretty straightforward manga at this point.

Honestly, I'd like to see Tobi not be Madara, simply because otherwise the mask makes no sense at this point. Unless he's got like 6 EMS and 2 Rinnegan stapled to his face under there, I can't see what he could possibly still be hiding.
    Let me ask you this Famous. Even if Madara takes the mask off, what will that prove?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Let me ask you this Famous. Even if Tobi takes the mask off, what will that prove?
    that he's not Uchiha Madara, LOL.

Not necessarily. How are we to know what Madara is "Supposed" to look like.. 80 years later?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    Not necessarily. How are we to know what Madara is "Supposed" to look like.. 80 years later?

Spoiler!
    Precisely, not that anyone alive has seen him and can positively identify him.

After a Haircut they all look the same. Add the creases and age spots, how can you tell who from whom?
    Last edited by paulbee; 06-13-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Precisely, not that anyone alive has seen him and can positively identify him.
    Valley of the End. There's a giant statue of Uchiha Madara. Sasuke saw the two brothers in Itachi's demon genjutsu. If any1 finds out the truth about madara, it'll be Sasuke, and more than likely Kabuto, because of the Edo Tensei. All Kabuto would've needed was a suspicion of Tobi, he said he had his sources, so he did find out something we don't yet know, and to test out his theory, all he had to do was ET summon Madara's soul, if it worked, he would know Tobi wasn't Madara, if it failed, he would know for sure Madara's alive and most likely Tobi.

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    Valley of the End. There's a giant statue of Uchiha Madara.
    I thought we were talking about the reader readily identifying him
    And a statue? Statues don't show age progression, lol.

The statue captures him at age, what, say 20 yrs. As I said, add age spot, creases, thinning of skin, loss of hair, nobody could look the way they were at 20.

I don't look like my old handsome self, and I can prove it. yet unlike Madara, I am not even 100yrs old.

Personally I think his left face is disfigured or even blown off in the battle with Hashirama. That could be why he keeps the mask on.

If revealing his face could have proved anything detrimental, he wouldn't have offered to show Sasuke his face.

Using an aging simulator, we can form a rough estimate of what Madara really looks like!
    Spoiler!