Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Theory

I'm of the opinion that Isshin is just a really old, and thus really strong, shinigami. For proof of this idea look to Yamajiji, who could destroy released arrancar with essentially a really hard punch. Shinigami are defined by experience more so than zanpakuto.

Thats true from Shunsui said about Toshiro being stronger then him in time. However, part of me wonders why we did not see Isshin 100 years ago since it seems that the incident that landed him on earth occurred around 15 years ago.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Perhaps he predates the 100 year ago Seireitei shown so far, who knows so far when revelations seem to take so long to appear in Bleach. Kubo does like his mysteries.

True thats possible and the fact that Rukia doesnt recognize him would make sense.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Veteran Member
    Well, as to isshin not being known by rukia could be many things... He could predate the 110 years ago incident as has been said earlier. Or he could be after it, but before rukia's time. He could have also changed his look. There is also the fact that he might have not been well known, but itd be hard to go this route seeing as he is extremely strong, stronger than a lot of captains, by a good chunk too. He could also be in the royal guard, royal family, or even just from king's realm. He could have also been out on a really long-term mission (quite farfetched, but he could have been leading a HM hollow extermination campaign) and never came back or something, and presumed dead. I mean, there are many other possibilities as to why, seeing as he has only been found by aizen and urahara...

If captain-commander find him, or even an older captain, it will take out a lot of those options. But, seeing as he hasn't been seen by any of them before, they are still at least possibilities, no matter how far-fetched and almost impossible they may seem. I mean, even your theory could explain it. But i don't like that, but its still possible. I think we should find out more about him soon, though. Most fights seem to have lots of talking in them... and aizen likes to boast about his knowledge.

Well, you have to look at Tousen, you'd think Aizen worked on Tousen after they left SS, and we saw how Tousen turn out. It was enoough to convince Aizen that turning himself into a hollow was not the right idea. So I would say "no" to Isshin being "perfected" if Aizen had experimented on him.
    Spoiler!

captain-commander said he reined for 1000 years.

If Isshin was part of the inner sanctuary, hence the connection to the god-key, Shinigami were never allowed in the inner sanctuary and know nothing about that section. (if i remember correctly)

Probably the only one who was allowed was Captain Commander, and now he is gone. Could be the only reason he wasn't fighting is because of history between him and captain-commander. Which explains his appearance after CC's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    Well, as to isshin not being known by rukia could be many things... He could predate the 110 years ago incident as has been said earlier. Or he could be after it, but before rukia's time. He could have also changed his look. There is also the fact that he might have not been well known, but itd be hard to go this route seeing as he is extremely strong, stronger than a lot of captains, by a good chunk too. He could also be in the royal guard, royal family, or even just from king's realm. He could have also been out on a really long-term mission (quite farfetched, but he could have been leading a HM hollow extermination campaign) and never came back or something, and presumed dead. I mean, there are many other possibilities as to why, seeing as he has only been found by aizen and urahara...

If captain-commander find him, or even an older captain, it will take out a lot of those options. But, seeing as he hasn't been seen by any of them before, they are still at least possibilities, no matter how far-fetched and almost impossible they may seem. I mean, even your theory could explain it. But i don't like that, but its still possible. I think we should find out more about him soon, though. Most fights seem to have lots of talking in them... and aizen likes to boast about his knowledge.
    Yes and Aizen was about to brag about his knowledge before Isshin interrupted I have heard all these theories which is why I introduced this one a theory I have yet to see. I dont believe it myself but it should be brought up. Aizen seemed to know Isshin which makes me think he knew of him before hand which makes me think he is at least lined up with Aizens time in SS but before current dates seem likely.

The main theory issue I have is that Aizen has knowledge of him and that it seems to have been around 20 years since he lost his powers but Rukia doesnt know who he is. Which makes me wonder if they were just blanked of this knowledge by Aizens power or by a Kido technique. At the same time he seems to be a captain level.

The most likely thing was he could have been the captain of the 10th which was not shown 100 years ago and this may coincide with the fact Toshiro recently became a captain. Still it bugs me how he could be connected to Aizen and the lack of knowledge around him. (why aizen or yamamoto may have erased minds). I know this theory is probably the weirdest I have presented and its the one I believe the least but still felt I needed to bring it up and defend it. I am starting to like the one I had about the guardian of the key to the king (Ichigo) which was to cliche but yeah I still think thats my favorite.

P.S. it wasnt confirmed Yamamoto was deceased just assumed by the use of thesacrificial spell but it could have not worked and he is out cold due to low spiritual energy. I dont know if Yamamoto knew about Isshin because it would seem weird that he would have continued to use Ichigo because he would have known Ichigo was his son. Though its possible I just find that to be odd.
    Last edited by joshecalpoly; 04-08-2010 at 05:10 AM.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Veteran Member
    He could have been in human world before losing his powers. He could have been there for years before losing his powers. Plus, did he seal or lose them? Can't quite remember.. But for some reason i recall someone mentioning that he had sealed his powers and just got them back.. But can't really recall which is true. XD

I think i remember them saying they were sealed not why but they were sealed whether he did it or someone else did was not revealed. Yeah its why you get hooked on manga those open ended explanations
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT