Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Country Music?

Country Music?

Whate is your opinion of country music?

I just started listening to it and some of it is pretty decent.

Elaborate if you will, thanks.

If I told u I would have to kill u.....upps I just did, so, BEWARE OF THE DOG
    This is the way i see Country Music, "Cheating"
    Why cheating? The real country music performers i dont like, even though their voice and lyrics aren't bad, as a whole i dont like it.....why? well it is too country. But there are songs and singers, that although are said to be country, i totally disagree. The perfect example is Taylor Swift, which is considered a country singers and therefore her music as well. There are songs like Highway 20 Ride, that although is from a hardcore Country band sounds more like a rock pop song and it is great. so yeah they cheat a lot, even though they are country singers they only really do well when they do another genre. but thats just my opinion. By the way another examples are:

Carrie Underwood (her biggest hits sound more like a pop rock, rather than country)
    Lady Antebellum (i dont see anything country about this band, yet thats what they are considered)
    Keith Urban(lol another that sounds more like a pop rock)
    Darius Rucker (this guys is probably my favorite country singer, cuz his music is nothing like country......well maybe a lil, but his good songs (aka History in the Making) is nothing like country
    and lastly we got Danny Gokey(another American Idol vet) and Hanna Montana( really?...)

When I think about country I think about Creedence Clearwater Revival, some Clapton works, Johnny Cash or the more recent Ryan Bingham, and their music is great.

Country (and folk rock) music makes me think about trips, about journeys. It's the perfect music for any trip you venture in with friends or lovers. It's kinda nostalgic, and makes me feel at home wherever I am. It's kind of a more "human" music. Pop or pop rock... those sound too artificial, too unnatural to me.

Basically, it inspires me; although it's not the music genre I normally listen to.

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    When I think about country I think about Creedence Clearwater Revival, some Clapton works, Johnny Cash or the more recent Ryan Bingham, and their music is great.

Country (and folk rock) music makes me think about trips, about journeys. It's the perfect music for any trip you venture in with friends or lovers. It's kinda nostalgic, and makes me feel at home wherever I am. It's kind of a more "human" music. Pop or pop rock... those sound too artificial, too unnatural to me.

Basically, it inspires me; although it's not the music genre I normally listen to.
    Same here.

Toby Keith (y)
    ಠ_ಠ

When I think about Country music. I think about how its the highest music genre that has the highest suicidal rate of its listeners than any other. And thats a fact btw.

I listen to a lot of the mainstream, e.g., Toby Keith, Carrie Underwood, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    When I think about Country music. I think about how its the highest music genre that has the highest suicidal rate of its listeners than any other. And thats a fact btw.
    Ooh, it's just like living near the Brooklyn Bridge around Christmastime or being a beautiful and talented up and coming Korean actress.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Ooh, it's just like living near the Brooklyn Bridge around Christmastime or being a beautiful and talented up and coming Korean actress.
    Yea I mean. Something to that nature. :wierdsmileyface:

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Sauce please?

And I just can't take Country music seriously, and I really don't know why. I guess it's just the stereotypes or the fact that it fails to grab me, like horror movies. I half-expected this to be a joke thread.
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!