Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Spam Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hmmmmmm, what about a limit of creating one thread a day for the first week, since it seems that they concentrate on creating new threads, rather than posting spam whenever they can ?
    I wish I can find a why so new members can only make threads if they only have a certain amount of posts. But I think it wouldn't stop spam bots from posting all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by chomio View Post
    I would agree with this, but can something being done with mods that put up spam?
    No Mods post spams. All we do is delete the crap spam that these geniuses like to post everyday.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by chomio View Post
    I would agree with this, but can something being done with mods that put up spam?
    I cannot agree with this Chomio, Our Mods Work very hard to give us a spam reduced Website. And the way Jaiden answered (calmly and constructively), only goes to show the Character and maturity of the Mods on Mangashare.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

To be fair, chomio is talking about the tracker which is a different spam matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I honestly have great sympathy for our mods, because it seems obvious to me if I were one of them, that the Mods would rather not have to be chasing spam bots all over the place if they can help it. This leads me to conclude that our Mods are not getting all the support they need from the Owner/s/ proprietors of Mangashare.

This Spammer/bot joined today, and already (immediately) started spamming.
    Spoiler!

I really don't want to offend anyone, and I hope my comments will be received well, but I do want to strongly urge the proprietors of the site to support the Mods and Users by puting in place a Captcha system, and/or policies that should reduce spamming, in order to protect the image and reputation of Mangashare.
    Now, now, jumping to such unfounded conclusions isn't exactly fair to our administrators. They do what they can. As for your idea of implementing a captcha system, that would depend on how its implemented. I personally find captchas annoying and quite frankly useless as there are ways around them. Then there's the idea of implementing a minimum number of posts before being able to create a thread. While sound in theory this does nothing to stop spamming in the introduction section, which we would have to leave able to be posted in by everyone, as well as not stopping spamming in other threads. At this point in time though it's easier to simply delete threads they start because they are more prominent.

This is definitely a good thread and I encourage anyone who has any ideas for solutions to share them.

Also, I am the greatest spam buster on the face of this planet. <3

-P
    Last edited by Phixion; 06-07-2012 at 10:23 AM.

DFX,

This problem has been going on for a long while and it is difficult to see Administration is doing anything about it.

The Following are just from this morning

Other members are also concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    The irony of irony just as I came to post about the ongoing retard posts about movie links to "Season 3 of Idontgiveafrack" no one gives a damn about in every inappropriate section of the forum , I see 4 threads in this very section of the forums.

I got an idea why don't we just ban all new members from viewing/posting outside of a welcome introduction section of the forums until they go through an interview then an evaluation period. Seriously limit access to these forums to people who only go through some process. If people dont want to sign up and do it frack them and the horse they came in on.

This wouldn't apply to current known members but all these new cats coming in need to be screened for having the annoying genome.

This crap is getting annoying seriously time to drop a Admin Ban Hammer! on these bitches!
    Clearly something needs to be done, even if it's not perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images

One way or the other, this is a loosing battle, no matter what you do, the users and mods will be the ones that suffers from it, the only thing that can be done about it, is to make sure that their sacrifices won't be in vain... of course I'm talking about new users, who would have to be greatly restricted at the beginning and mods who would need to (waste time to) clean spam all over and over and over again, unless something is done with it.

One way or the other, this is a loosing battle, no matter what you do, the users and mods will be the ones that suffers from it, the only thing that can be done about it, is to make sure that their sacrifices won't be in vain... of course I'm talking about new users, who would have to be greatly restricted at the beginning and mods who would need to (waste time to) clean spam all over and over and over again, unless something is done with it.
    But consider the harm being done to the reputation of this site. How many potential users/member would have Turn Away after being bomabrded by the Spam Barrage, and concluded that this was not a worthy Site, if it would not put up even common barriers to spam. I know that if I visted a site a few times and found it wide open to spammers, to the point where serious discussion is completely overrun by spam barrage, I would simply stop going to the site.

I think it is a fact of Internet life these days that new users of websites have to undergo some kind of screening, Maybe it's clicking on a link emailed to them, or maybe it's a captcha. I am certain that new users would not be offended, they probably even expect to see this sort of thing now-a-days.

I think we should set a number of posts required for a member to create a new thread.

Spoiler!

LOL, see here now is an ad link

Funny How this message is itself Spammy
    Last edited by paulbee; 10-23-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Spoiler!

LOL, see here now is an ad link

Funny How this message is itself Spammy
    Wha ? Could this be the beginning of spam bots with advanced AI that allows them to pretend that they are not spam bots ? Nah, maybe in a few years .

This guy had 11 mesages, was this the only one that was a spam or all of his were just pretending not to be one ?

Wha ? Could this be the beginning of spam bots with advanced AI that allows them to pretend that they are not spam bots ? Nah, maybe in a few years .

This guy had 11 mesages, was this the only one that was a spam or all of his were just pretending not to be one ?
    Don't really know, Seems the Mods gave him the old Boot in the Wazzoo

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    I think we should set a number of posts required for a member to create a new thread.
    That would be an excellent Idea!

The current status is rather painful to watch
    Last edited by paulbee; 10-23-2012 at 06:11 PM.