Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Spam Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    Chin up arbi!! Everything alway gets better.

Oh and since we have to wait 60 seconds between reporting spam threads (anoter 10 up atm) do you mods want us to report all of them or just a couple and you can always find the rest by searching new threads/posts?
    Yeah still report them. But since I check the "What's New?" tab every time I come here it really doesn't matter.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    Chin up arbi!! Everything alway gets better.

Oh and since we have to wait 60 seconds between reporting spam threads (anoter 10 up atm) do you mods want us to report all of them or just a couple and you can always find the rest by searching new threads/posts?
    Another thing that helps is checking the username of the spammer. When we delete a spam thread all other posts and threads of that same user are deleted as well. So in those cases it's fine to report only one of the threads.

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Thanks Phix. That makes it easier
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Seeing an increase in spam threads lately with newly created users.

Isn't there an anti-bot feature in the Register page? If there is, can't it be improved?

Tho, i've very impressed on how fast the admins respond to the threads. Good job!

The situation is pretty bad. I reported about 20 threads and that is without counting the threads from the same users. Although as others said, it is quite quickly resolved .

Perhaps, this is some kind of assault. The amount of spam increased about twentyfold in this month, it is quite strange that it suddenly reached such scale. Have they invented new bots ?

Anyway, good luck with resolving this situation .

Thanks for the reports.

I have been very busy these past few weeks. D:

I honestly have great sympathy for our mods, because it seems obvious to me if I were one of them, that the Mods would rather not have to be chasing spam bots all over the place if they can help it. This leads me to conclude that our Mods are not getting all the support they need from the Owner/s/ proprietors of Mangashare.

This Spammer/bot joined today, and already (immediately) started spamming.
    Spoiler!

I really don't want to offend anyone, and I hope my comments will be received well, but I do want to strongly urge the proprietors of the site to support the Mods and Users by puting in place a Captcha system, and/or policies that should reduce spamming, in order to protect the image and reputation of Mangashare.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Thanks for the support paul. That spambot has already been banned.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Hmmmmmm, what about a limit of creating one thread a day for the first week, since it seems that they concentrate on creating new threads, rather than posting spam whenever they can ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime Sennin ™ View Post
    I vote for Paulbee to get mod status.
    I would agree with this, but can something being done with mods that put up spam?