Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Edo Tensei

Quote Originally Posted by Seke View Post
    That's true, although Edo Tensei does have the tremendous advantage of freeing the summoner, since it's the summons who do the fighting...or do they?
    I've always wondered if Orochimaru didn't move while the summoned hokages were fighting because he was too optimistic, or because he couldn't. If the summoner couldn't move it'd give Edo Tensei some semblance of balance.

On the other hand, Shiki Fuujin requires the user to catch the enemy and hold him for at least a few seconds so the Death God can pluck out their souls, so a long-range ninja might very well suck at this particular jutsu, and that's the last thing they'll suck at, since Shiki Fuujin also presents the ultimate drawback of killing its user.
    Just for the record (Months have passed).

If Shiki Fuujin can seal away a soul summoned with Edo Tensei, when no other power can destroy the resulting zombie, should it not follow that Shiki Fuujin (once used on a soul, as in Minato's case) can also prevent a soul from getting summoned by Edo Tensei?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Oro just did his research

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Just for the record (Months have passed).

If Shiki Fuujin can seal away a soul summoned with Edo Tensei, when no other power can destroy the resulting zombie, should it not follow that Shiki Fuujin (once used on a soul, as in Minato's case) can also prevent a soul from getting summoned by Edo Tensei?
    Well i'm a firm believer that souls summoned inside the Death God are gone forever and nothing can ever get them back, making the Death God the only absolute in the Narutoverse.

Indeed, if the Death God has the power to overrule Edo Tensei, logic would dictate that it is at least highly probable that Edo Tensei cannot overrule the Death God's actions.

So far, the Death God seems absolute. BUT, this is Kishimoto were talking about. Somehow he never leaves well enough alone. In my way of thinking, only the death God should be able to release a soul he himself has sealed.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

So far, the Death God seems absolute. BUT, this is Kishimoto were talking about. Somehow he never leaves well enough alone. In my way of thinking, only the death God should be able to release a soul he himself has sealed.
    I always thought that, too, but everyone assumes the third coffin Oro summoned, which Sandaime kept shut, contained Yondaime, who had already been sealed by the Death God.

Maybe it's possible to trade a bunch of souls for a soul you want (like Jack Sparrow in one of those pirate movies). So Orochimaru could've been like "A thousand souls for yondaime's!" and after bargaining a little, Orochimaru (who had no qualms about slaughtering hundreds of innocent fodder ninja) got what he wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I always thought that, too, but everyone assumes the third coffin Oro summoned, which Sandaime kept shut, contained Yondaime, who had already been sealed by the Death God.
    I think the main reasons people think it was the 4th are that the first two summons were the 1st and the 2nd hokages and that in the anime, "4th" was actually written on the third coffin. It was speculated by some that Oro tried to summon the 4th, and that Sarutobi thought he could stop it but in the end, it wouldn't have worked anyway because the 4th'soul is sealed inside the Death god.

I have a problem with that because it would seem odd for Oro to prepare everything for the summon not knowing whether it would work or not. I think he would have tried his tech before attacking Konoha.
    Spoiler!

Afaik, the 4th kazekage was Gaara's father, which Oro just killed some time before the fight with Sarutobi.

So Minato isn't the only "4th" out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Judau Ashta View Post
    Afaik, the 4th kazekage was Gaara's father, which Oro just killed some time before the fight with Sarutobi.

So Minato isn't the only "4th" out there.
    Why would the 3rd be afraid of Gaara's dad? facepalm emote activate.

Maybe whoever was in the third coffin wasn't someone Hiruzen was particularly afraid of fighting. He just wanted to stop -ANY- third summon. Two former hokages was almost more than he could handle, even if it had been the recently murdered Kazekage or whoever, it would've tipped the scales too much in Orochimaru's side.