Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar

Ichigo and Ishin part of the fallen Shiba clan?

Is it possible that Isshin, is related to the Shiba clan, as close as siblings to Kukkaka, Ganjyuu and Kaien? Why was the Shiba clan disowned? What if it had something to do with the eldest sibling (Isshin) abandoning his position of Captain and leaving SS with Urahara and Yoruichi? Now, reason for why the name Kurosaki is not known in SS, in Japanese tradition children keep the name of their mother, not their father. Maybe Isshin just took her name too so as not to make the link too obvious and putting his children in danger from old grudges from SS.

If you think about it, the whole family is hot headed. I mean, Isshin isn't as hot headed as Ichigo, but Urahara did once mention that he was very similar to his son. And what is Ichigo famous for? His hot headed-ness. Kukkaku? Being a hot headed female of Bleach. Ganjyuu? Just as much as his sister. Kaein's a happy go lucky guy, but I somehow sense a hot headed vibe from him too. The biggest factor is Ichigo's dad. Isshin is a captain level shinigami and what's more no real head of the Shiba clan who looks like they should be has been introduced. Kukkaku is obviously the current leader of the Shiba clan, but she is in same generation as Ganju and Kaien (since they've always been refered as siblings). Biggest possibility is that Isshin could have been the head of the household as the eldest brother of the other 3 Shibas, due to all of the resemblances.

The Kaien-ichigo relation though is actually mentioned in the manga between Ukitake and Byakuya after Ichigo drops down in an attempt to save Rukia, Ganju and Hanataro. I just think Byakuya was mistaken about there being no relation. Too many similarities lean toward it. Considering Isshin and Urahara are best friends, much like Ukitake and Kyoraku.

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

Bleach

Interesting, but why do you suppose Isshin and Urahara are as close as Kyoraku and Ukitake? Those two came up through the ranks together and while it's obvious Urahara and Isshin (perhaps Yourichi in that case) are probably both of the same class, doesnt mean they were close. The conversation they had suggested that they've known each other for quite some time but I doesnt suggest "close friends", just friends. Either way it doesnt effect the topic.

Isshin being part of the Shiba would be pretty cool. It would also give more reason for them to have been disgraced and have their nobility stripped. Not to mention the odd resemblance between Ichigo and Kaien.

Stands to reason considering the loyalty and efforts given by Urahara and Yoruichi (who it is clear have been friends since they were children) have given Isshin's son, Ichigo. In 118 it was made really clear that Isshin and Urahara didn't have any secrets. Considering how little information SS had on the hougyoku, and how much Isshin knew without explanation from Urahara made some pretty big hints as to how close they were/are. One would hardly tell a passing acquaintance so much about such a touchy subject or someone you consider "just a friend".

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

The biggest clue is the shape of Isshin and Ganju's zankpatous.

? the zanpakutous? ganju has the fat knife thing i thought

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

more like half a zampakto

I thought the same thing that they were related somehow

theres something you guys are forgetting. When Ukitake first met Ichigo, he intimidately thought of "someone". But Byakuya states that ichigo has no relation to the man Ukitake was thinking about. Now here's my analysis on it, Byakuya is young compared to the other captains, Yoruichi called him little byakuya or something like that. So heres what I think, the man ukitake was thinking about was Ichigo's father, Isshin. But he gave up on that idea after byakuya said that he's wrong.
    So if indeed it was Isshin that ukitake was thinking of than the family Kurosaki was indeed a noble family or well known in SS in the past.

I think they were speaking about Kaien, not Isshin.

Bleach

I'd have to agree. Ichigo is the spiting image of Kaien, sans the hair. Seeing as Kaien was Ukitake's Luitenent, its more likely he thought of him. Though Kubo has been messing with us lately... So it's still possible, but unlikely..

Though that doesnt rule out the idea that Isshin, Ichigo and his sisters could be members of the Shiba clan. For all we know Kaien could be his uncle. Its not uncommon for children to resemble relatives other than their parents. Personally, I think Ichigo looks very little like his mother or father.