Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    shanks alone can beat him.though he has devil fruit he doesnt have haki so shanks could beat him
    I really doubt that. I've debated this a lot of times that BB was a tad stronger than shanks when they fought years ago, how can he win against BB now? Even if we don't know how shanks progressed BB obtaining the gura gura fruit is a major power up. BBs powers now can imitate the powers of a haki user including the disposition haki. He can disable DF just like a normal haki and he can throw quakes like the disposition haki (both are form of a shockwave)

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I really doubt that. I've debated this a lot of times that BB was a tad stronger than shanks when they fought years ago, how can he win against BB now? Even if we don't know how shanks progressed BB obtaining the gura gura fruit is a major power up. BBs powers now can imitate the powers of a haki user including the disposition haki. He can disable DF just like a normal haki and he can throw quakes like the disposition haki (both are form of a shockwave)
    how do you know that bb was stronger than shanks when they fought?

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    how do you know that bb was stronger than shanks when they fought?
    well basically he scarred him which mihawk was unable to do. It's not that solid basis but in order to damage shanks in a direct fight and walk away with it you must be a little stronger. If they were equals then he won't be able to do the feat coz mihawk can't and they were equal back then

firstly how do you know that mihawk was unable to scratch him??????????and the fact that bb was able to damage him doesnt mean he was stronger it just means that he could match him.and i m saying that if bb had won shanks would be dead.on the other hand shanks is the type of guy that might leave a defeated opponent alive

what made you think mihawk was able to scratch or damage shanks?? keep in mind they both swordsmen who uses big swords so if ever one was able to deal damage it would be very evident (unless you consider "scratches" you see on samurai anime real damage)

Shanks is also a man who wouldn't let anyone as dangerous as BB go away. And it could also be that BB let shanks live coz he wants to have a low profile and don't want roger to hunt him

you are the one who said that mihawk hasnt scratched shanks where is the basis for that belief?i m not saying that he was able to scratch him since we dont know yet.but whe know that they were equals so that means that he could deal damage to him and dont forget that mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world so that means that he surpassed shanks otherwise he wouldnt be the strongest.shanks might have killed him if he had understood how dangerous bb was but if bb had won he would definitely kill him because since he left wb crue he didnt want to keep a low profile anymore that is why he wanted to kill luffy

sorry got confused bout the scratch thing... lol, We could assume that they both deal damage to each other since they always fought before, what I'm trying to say is there is no significant damage like BB did to shanks, I mean shanks and mihawk may have bruises or scratches when they fight but BB could have blinded shanks right eye. It means when thay fought BB was able to find a small opening while mihawk didn't, at least nothing that we know of.

Yup mihawk is the greatest swordsman and he surpassed shanks in terms of swordmanship but it's mainly because shanks lost an arm though I believe mihawk can win in a "swordfight" even if shanks still got both arms if they fight now. Shanks can level things up or slightly have an advantage if he uses his haki

BB and shanks fought years ago when he still haven't got the yami yami nomi (which makes the damage he dealth with shanks more imppresive) so he still wants to keep a low profile that time. when he found the DF that's the time he can manage to have a higher profile since he's gotten stronger with his DF

anyway, nice debating with you bro, I'll take you on tomorrow...
    signing out...

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Calcifer, my misguided friend, you forget this is One Piece we're talking about here. ALL of the characters have ridiculous powers. Even Usopp(super deluded is a power dammit!!!). Hell, I'm wondering just how many more DF's and special powers Oda's got crammed in that noggin of his.
    When I say ridiculous, I mean ridiculous, like a Speed or Matter Logia. Or a devil fruit that allows them to make Gamma Ray bursts.

Or Kidd's fruit if he could manipulate the iron in blood.

Aside from a counter like that, Blackbeard is by far the strongest character in One Piece yet revealed.
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    When I say ridiculous, I mean ridiculous, like a Speed or Matter Logia. Or a devil fruit that allows them to make Gamma Ray bursts.

Or Kidd's fruit if he could manipulate the iron in blood.

Aside from a counter like that, Blackbeard is by far the strongest character in One Piece yet revealed.
    But wouldnt BB be dead by now if Shiryuu didnt help him at Impel Down?

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    But wouldnt BB be dead by now if Shiryuu didnt help him at Impel Down?
    +1

magellan -> bb :e