Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar

Warner Brothers in Talks for Bleach Live Action Movie

Via ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...on-bleach-film

The Hollywood Reporter newspaper's Heat Vision blog reports that the American film studio Warner Brothers "is in the process of securing the movie rights to" Tite Kubo's Bleach supernatural action manga series. Director Peter Segal (Get Smart, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is lining himself up to produce, but not direct. The manga's North American publisher Viz Media and Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing would also produce the proposed project.

The manga follows a 15-year-old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who becomes a Soul Reaper โ€” a "Shinigami" or "God of Death" who protects humans from the "Hollow" spirits that prey on them. Shueisha publishes the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan, and Studio Pierrot has been adapting the manga on television and in movie theaters since 2004. The Adult Swim programming block of America's Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV channel have been running the anime.

Warner Brothers has already acquired the rights to adapt Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note supernatural suspense manga, which โ€” like Bleach โ€” is published by Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan and by Viz Media in North America. Along with Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way production company, Warner Brothers is also developing adaptations of Yoshiaki Kawajiri and MADHOUSE's Ninja Scroll action anime film and Katsuhiro Otomo and Kodansha's Akira science-fiction manga. Viz set up an office in Hollywood in 2008 to promote Viz's properties to Hollywood interests.

So yeah, even more anime are gonna be made into live action films. Doesn't look like this fad will go away anytime soon. Do you think a live action Bleach movie could possibly work? Who would play who?

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Here's hope they don't screw up like they did with Son Goku.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Why cant these producers get it through their thick heads that 90% of anime doesnt do well with "live action".

Lets hope it doesnt go well and it gets cancelled.

If they make Ichigo white I'm not even gonna bother with it.

NO! Bleach doesn't need a live action movie. Just leave Bleach alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If they make Ichigo white I'm not even gonna bother with it.
    Am with you on that. Which actor do you know got orange hair?

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Here's hope they don't screw up like they did with Son Goku.
    no, they will screw this one up.

Decidedly Undecided
    Don't worry guys. If the movie develops as fast as the current plot, there'll most likely be a new Bleach series by the time this one comes out.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

If I told u I would have to kill u.....upps I just did, so, BEWARE OF THE DOG
    Well im sure ichigo will be Withe and blond, thats for sure, and personally i preffer that way, over getting some and puting his hair orange, but thats just me, though im still picturing Leonardo DiCaprio as Death Note's main caracther......

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    I find it strange that people have been so desperate for it to be an asian cast, when the majority of the characters in the manga are clearly white.

Ichigo - white
    Rukia - white
    Orihime - white
    Ishida - asian
    Sado - South american

A mixed cast would clearly be best.

Doesn't ''asian'' fall under the category ''white''? Sure as hell doesn't fall under yellow O_o