Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Roger's Past Repeats itself?

I've been thinking since Gol.D Roger and Monkey.D Luffy are so alike what about their relationships with allies and villians.

Gol.D Roger= Monkey.D Luffy
    Monkey.D Garp= Smoker (thought it was Coby before but he wants to be Admirial)
    Shiki the Golden Lion= maybe Blackbeard.

If you think differentlly or have more ideas i'd like to see your post.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Well thats been the theme so far I was thinking BB was his WB but seeing in the most recent chapter that Whitebeard was a friendly rivalry. Ild like to think Law that thing with Jean Bart seems like something WB would do. Hes polite and honorable except when he is being disrespected, WB seems to be layed back except when he hast to be with very little care for the treasure Law hasnt been shown enough for us to know about him but he doesnt seems different then most pirates of this era.

Also Smoker has said he will chase straw hat down till the ends of the earth and is obsessed with him but still admires him something he and Garp have in common plus he seems to always be one step behind him

So far we have seen that zoro somewhat resembles silvers, hes a swordsman with a nack for getting himself into trouble and they even have an absent minded doctor
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    Well they are the Next Generation after all, there's tons of things that we're yet to see, there's lots of twist and stuffs that Oda's surely going to pull so it's far to early to assume that those guys are going to it 'till the end.
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

I wonder who his Portgas.D Rogue will be
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Well we dont know enough about her to make connections
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

I don't think so, oda is not that predictable. Roger had a friendly rivalry with WB and being chased by Garp which he also consider as a friend while luffy really has an evil rival on BB. Shiki is nothing like BB. If luffy were to get caught by the marines and get executed will BB show up in marineford just to fight the marines and risk himself of getting caught as well? I don't think so. Roger wanted to go to raftel while WB is not even interested on it while both luffy and BB wants to be pirate king.

roger and luffy has similarities because they both carry the will of the "D"

Roger and Luffy are similar in personalities. Just what Silver said, they both carry the will of "D". Roger was always smiling, so is Luffy. The both have a strong/unique crew. Roger made friends with everyone, so does Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbla View Post
    Roger made friends with everyone, so does Luffy.
    I think this is a unique characteristic of being a pirate king. It was addressed by mihawk that luffy has the ability to make friends with anyone and that is a fearful ability. WB said that a great war will engulf the entire world, maybe all of luffys friends from all of his adventures will join this war
    Last edited by arisart; 03-08-2010 at 03:46 AM.

that stuff mihawk said kinda bothered me, its just like in naruto with the ability to connect with everyone...

eh really its like the child of destiny thing that appears in plenty of anime it tends to be one who people can rally behind

Also to me it seemed Shiki was just upset because he wanted to be the one to kill Roger
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT