Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    i love jesus christ enochdickson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    237
    i think its never stated anywhere till now that minato was sage
    *** love***
    Love yourself and others as much as u love urself
    *** enoch ***



    Spoiler!

  2. #12
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by enochdickson View Post
    i think its never stated anywhere till now that minato was sage
    Thats true, but my point was if u only need be a genius to get sage mode why do does the genius of the this generation not get brought up when the frogs compare Naruto with previous sages. And he was in contract with them.

    Only logical conclusion there is that a genius on its own is not enough to obtain sage mode. There must be another factor(in my theory it was handling the fox's chakra over the years that gave Naruto the edge)

    Long story short there must be an X factor to obtain sage mode.
    Just look how many other people failed in the past. This is pretty obvious.

    Look at this page pa frog said it best
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...2/page011.html
    Last edited by psukkar; 03-14-2010 at 07:53 AM.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    There is no 'genius' involved with learning Sage Mode. The Kyuubi was not a factor in helping Naruto learn Sage Mode. All that was needed to learn Sage Mode is a large Chakra capacity. Pa Frog explained that that was the reason Jiraiya and Naruto were perfect for Sage Mode training. There is no X factor in obtaining Sage Mode aside from determination and perseverance.

    Citing Naruto's mastery of the Shadow Clone technique against Kakuzu as a sign of Naruto being a "genius" is stupid. He had to be told of the true function of the Shadow Clones 3+ years after learning the technique before he actually began using them to their full potential because he didn't notice the extra ability of the shadow clone. Not exactly what I'd expect from a "genius". Not so much '3+ years' part, but having to be told of the true ability of the Shadow Clone before he could use it like he did against Kakuzu is not exactly the mark of a 'genius' in my book.

  4. #14
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    There is no 'genius' involved with learning Sage Mode. The Kyuubi was not a factor in helping Naruto learn Sage Mode. All that was needed to learn Sage Mode is a large Chakra capacity. Pa Frog explained that that was the reason Jiraiya and Naruto were perfect for Sage Mode training. There is no X factor in obtaining Sage Mode aside from determination and perseverance.

    Citing Naruto's mastery of the Shadow Clone technique against Kakuzu as a sign of Naruto being a "genius" is stupid. He had to be told of the true function of the Shadow Clones 3+ years after learning the technique before he actually began using them to their full potential because he didn't notice the extra ability of the shadow clone. Not exactly what I'd expect from a "genius". Not so much '3+ years' part, but having to be told of the true ability of the Shadow Clone before he could use it like he did against Kakuzu is not exactly the mark of a 'genius' in my book.
    So basically you have said we are all wrong but you have said nothing regarding what you think, so what was the reason Naruto mastered sage mode over Jiraya?

    From what you have written all you need to gain sage mode is large chakra ,determination and perseverance. They both had these and yet such different result between them.

    If you can't think of anything yourself don't critic other opinions, what you should do is evaluate and see how plausible the theory is.

    A wise man once said
    "Before you criticize, wait" -William Arthur Ward

  5. #15
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    I didn't say what I thought? Then I don't know what I wrote in my earlier post.

    Anyway, the result between what Jiraiya achieved and what Naruto achieved really isn't that different at all. Jiraiya just gathered a little more Natural Chakra than was needed so he turned into a frog a little. If Jiraiya wanted to perfect Sage Mode, he certainly could have. There's no reason he couldn't have practiced and practiced some more until he got the balance perfect. Naruto put in that practice. He wanted to be better than Jiraiya. Determination and Perserverance. Oh and the KB Training method more than likely helped too.

    Yea, the Kyuubi makes it difficult for Naruto to control his chakra. But honestly, the Kyuubi didn't make mastering Sage Mode any easier. If anything, it meant Naruto had to work harder to balance Natural energy perfectly inside his body. If the Kyuubi makes it difficult for Naruto to make a Rasengan as you mentioned (and still does), how would balancing Natural chakra be any easier for Naruto with Kyuubi present in his body? The presence of the Kyuubi would have made that process a degree more difficult as well. And this is what I believe and that's the reason I don't see the Kyuubi as the X factor between Jiraiya and Naruto. I'm saying mastering Sage Mode perfectly was all Naruto's own doing.

  6. #16
    Oh Em Gee! Raymond Agustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    Posts
    1,094
    Still got their Lovers Quarrel obviously.

    Duuudeeee, Naruto's dad sealed the Kyubii and Naruto resembles his dad except for the personality that is, but they look alike.
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

    Kugatachi Danki


    Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

  7. #17
    i love jesus christ enochdickson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    237
    @psuukkar

    although i would love to see minato using sage mode(theoretically may be possibilities are there..)

    good spoiler info you had provided on so many people failing.

    and as its said naruto himself has his own chakra reserve which is more than kakashi himself . which is stated by kakashi and his chakra quantity and quality makes him use the sage mode and also bear him the kyuubhi(maybe minato and known about this)

    As far as naruto's relationship with nine tails which i think is
    1. at first naruto was getting nine tails chakra as rent.

    2.kyuubi is trying to overtake naruto till now and consume him and use him as a pawn to its anger desire.(cunning of the fox - seen at minato's fight)

    3.the kyuubhi basically being it a fox i presume it n ever cant be trusted
    as its associated with revenge and anger..

    4. naruto on the other hand can tame and use kyyuuubhi only through his sheer force.. maybe by using his sage mode where he has his chakra and also the nature's chakra to suppress it

    these are my suggestions PAL
    Last edited by enochdickson; 03-15-2010 at 09:41 AM.
    *** love***
    Love yourself and others as much as u love urself
    *** enoch ***



    Spoiler!

  8. #18
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    I didn't say what I thought? Then I don't know what I wrote in my earlier post.

    Anyway, the result between what Jiraiya achieved and what Naruto achieved really isn't that different at all. Jiraiya just gathered a little more Natural Chakra than was needed so he turned into a frog a little. If Jiraiya wanted to perfect Sage Mode, he certainly could have. There's no reason he couldn't have practiced and practiced some more until he got the balance perfect. Naruto put in that practice. He wanted to be better than Jiraiya. Determination and Perserverance. Oh and the KB Training method more than likely helped too.

    Yea, the Kyuubi makes it difficult for Naruto to control his chakra. But honestly, the Kyuubi didn't make mastering Sage Mode any easier. If anything, it meant Naruto had to work harder to balance Natural energy perfectly inside his body. If the Kyuubi makes it difficult for Naruto to make a Rasengan as you mentioned (and still does), how would balancing Natural chakra be any easier for Naruto with Kyuubi present in his body? The presence of the Kyuubi would have made that process a degree more difficult as well. And this is what I believe and that's the reason I don't see the Kyuubi as the X factor between Jiraiya and Naruto. I'm saying mastering Sage Mode perfectly was all Naruto's own doing.
    Ok I understand now, you simply just don't think there was anything underlining Naruto's success in sage mode, basically your putting down to plot no jutsu.

    That's cool no problem there.

  9. #19
    DK rao_dk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    2
    Minato sealed only kyuubi's evil part of chakra inside naruto.
    Naruto as uzumaki/namikaze clan must have good affinity and should be able to do sage mode as well.
    Once he masters completely sage chakra then he can gather enough good chakras from nature to suppress the kyubi's evil chakra and to control it and use it as needed.

    coz as of now.. the kyubi chakra dominates naruto's chakra and takes over his mind when used above 3 tails.

    Thats one possibilty w.r.t how sanju hashirama would have controlled all the beasts using sage mode chakra.

  10. #20
    Well, Minato probably didn't go through any Sage training.

    Going from the top jounin in your village to Hokage probably didn't leave him with a lot of time to train. I'm sure if he was able to gallavant like Jiraiya/had the story called for it, Minato very easily could have learned to balance his chakra fairly quickly. He still could have for all we know. [This was in response to the first page's last post, didn't realize there was another page]

    Oh also, to a previous point, I don't really think the "because Naruto has to control chakra while balancing the Kyuubi's chakra, he has better control than Jiraiya" is applicable because I don't think Naruto is balancing the Kyuubi's chakra constantly. Wasn't the whole point of Orochimaru's seal to make it so that the Kyuubi's chakra actually starts to flow into Naruto which messed up his chakra system to begin with? When that was released, his chakra control was fine, but the entire time the Kyuubi was flowing through him, his control was awful. The only time I feel like Naruto is "controlling" the Kyuubi's chakra is when he forces out so much chakra that the Kyuubi can overwhelm him and cause him to go into tailed mode, and when he is stable (ie 1-3 tailed mode) he is balancing that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •