Thread: first sig

I can't wait!

first sig

im learning how to use photoshop and this is my fifst sig. im looking forward for your thoughts and tips.

fixed render
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by O-E-M; 02-28-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    Spoiler!

Ok for your first try. What you should do is look at some tutorials on sig making. Don't just run with one specific tutorial look at many different ones so when your making another sig you can take all those different ideas and make that sig stand out. Am still trying to perfect my sig making skills cause I know there's still more for me to learn.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    thats good for your first one

There's something there, I can tell you that. ^^

The important thing when making a sig is first and foremost, the focal of the sig. Basically, this refers to what you want you people to pay attention to in your sig. For example, when I first saw the sig, my eyes went immediately to the shining star on the top left. I think mostly because it's brighter than the character in your sig. Try making effects and/or enhancements on and around the character instead, and make the character stand out more than the background.

Colour is probably the most difficult thing to play around with, or it is for me, since I'm so stuck on monotones most of the time. What helps though, is if I steal colours from the focal of the sig to use around him. That way, I don't go so far and pick colours that clash.

And the image(s) you use for your sigs: never compress it/them. Tilting them is fine.

Keep at it, One-Eyed!

I can't wait!

thank you all for your comments
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post
    There's something there, I can tell you that. ^^

The important thing when making a sig is first and foremost, the focal of the sig. Basically, this refers to what you want you people to pay attention to in your sig. For example, when I first saw the sig, my eyes went immediately to the shining star on the top left. I think mostly because it's brighter than the character in your sig. Try making effects and/or enhancements on and around the character instead, and make the character stand out more than the background.

Colour is probably the most difficult thing to play around with, or it is for me, since I'm so stuck on monotones most of the time. What helps though, is if I steal colours from the focal of the sig to use around him. That way, I don't go so far and pick colours that clash.

And the image(s) you use for your sigs: never compress it/them. Tilting them is fine.

Keep at it, One-Eyed!
    Also, when you remove the white background from the character render, remember to remove it all; you forgot a blob under the guy's wrist..

Colors are best if they have some type of flow with the character. Just remember not to add all your favorite colors altogether, I guess. For the colors in that sig, I would have used black, white, some dark blue and dabs of pale yellow for the stars here and there.

As for the text, don't use wacky fonts, unless they fit well with the whole flow of the sig. Go with some classic fonts; they usually are best :3

I'm sure you'll be an amazing sig maker very soon and be sure to keep in mind that the SotF/W always welcome new participants and voters ^^
    Zetsuboushita|ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH! «°-°«

I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiz View Post
    Also, when you remove the white background from the character render, remember to remove it all; you forgot a blob under the guy's wrist..

Colors are best if they have some type of flow with the character. Just remember not to add all your favorite colors altogether, I guess. For the colors in that sig, I would have used black, white, some dark blue and dabs of pale yellow for the stars here and there.

As for the text, don't use wacky fonts, unless they fit well with the whole flow of the sig. Go with some classic fonts; they usually are best :3

I'm sure you'll be an amazing sig maker very soon and be sure to keep in mind that the SotF/W always welcome new participants and voters ^^

i fixed the render and i recently(yesterday) made a sig for the sig of the Fortnight #77! valentine theme.
    Last edited by O-E-M; 02-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by one-eyed Monster View Post
    i fixed the render and i recently(yesterday) made a sig for the sig of the Fortnight #77! valentine theme.
    You submitted a sig for the Valentines theme huh? I gotta see it.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Wow, way better than my first sig :3 nice job!

I agree with everything that's been said~ try to concentrate effects around the focal so that your eyes don't wander looking at different components, and I second what Kikiz said about fonts - less usually seems to be more. Definitely check out tutorials just to get exposed to different techniques etc.

Hope to see lots more from you keep up the good work!

where is it? i cant see it??? it has been taken by IMaGESHack! :-O but the post of others seems enough proof that you did a good job on your first sig