Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    Yeah. I'm not impressed by your post to be honest. Your grammar and punctuation stinks worse than the mangashare staff channel on Sunday morning once Phixion, DFX and I crawl out of our pits.
    I'm no native speaker >: (, no hatin' on me.

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    Yeah. I'm not impressed by your post to be honest. Your grammar and punctuation stinks worse than the mangashare staff channel on Sunday morning once Phixion, DFX and I crawl out of our pits.
    aha whatever u say, i scored a 5 on the AP Jap exam and translated a whole video game from English to Japanese.
    At least get a better translator that knows how to translate Japanese lingo into English for the sake of accuracy.

but if u want u can give me the raw for next week and ill send u my translations(im quick)

P.S. one example recently where u guys messed up is the chapter where dragon appears at the end and the supposed lady at the end says "babe".
    I looked at the raw when everyone was speculating that its luffys mother or some chick, but by looking at raw I clearly saw that it was Ivankov's usual lingo and that the supposed mysterious character in the end CLEARLY did not say Babe.
    Sure it may be just a few words/strips where there are mistakes and for the majority u guys are on point, but itd be a lot better to be 100% accurate, would it be not?
    Its Oda and One Piece, and we clearly cant fuck up this legendary manga.
    This is going to be passed down to our children and grandchildren as a message of dreams as well as the biggest satire comedy known to date.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrape2 View Post
    aha whatever u say, i scored a 5 on the AP Jap exam and translated a whole video game from English to Japanese.
    At least get a better translator that knows how to translate Japanese lingo into English for the sake of accuracy.

but if u want u can give me the raw for next week and ill send u my translations(im quick)

P.S. one example recently where u guys messed up is the chapter where dragon appears at the end and the supposed lady at the end says "babe".
    I looked at the raw when everyone was speculating that its luffys mother or some chick, but by looking at raw I clearly saw that it was Ivankov's usual lingo and that the supposed mysterious character in the end CLEARLY did not say Babe.
    Sure it may be just a few words/strips where there are mistakes and for the majority u guys are on point, but itd be a lot better to be 100% accurate, would it be not?
    This is going to be passed down to our children and grandchildren as a message of dreams as well as the biggest satire comedy known to date.

I don't know, would it be not???

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrape2 View Post

Just remember for a non-native speaker, Japanese can be pretty damn hard. Especially with context, since unlike English it usually lacks basic sentence markers such as "he, she, they", ect. Although every translator does their absolute best, we are human, and can make mistakes. :3

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post
    Just remember for a non-native speaker, Japanese can be pretty damn hard. Especially with context, since unlike English it usually lacks basic sentence markers such as "he, she, they", ect. Although every translator does their absolute best, we are human, and can make mistakes. :3
    And sometimes direct translations sound weird because not everything can be properly conveyed in English.

In any case mrgrape, your children and grandchildren should really support Oda by buying the volumes right? Passing down scanlations...hmm...that may not be very wise.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

if u want proofread let me know.
    theres another example if u look at my past posts, during the huge war,,in the translations, aokiji said "is that magic?"
    it clearly was not that.

Just letting u guys know, i dont expect it to be flawless, and u guys do great work, but one phrase can make it or break it.

Is it normal that the Binktopia'site is no longer available ? I would like to apply but now, I can't :/

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    Is it normal that the Binktopia'site is no longer available ? I would like to apply but now, I can't :/
    *glomps Floyd.* <3

We're working on it! :3

I wanna learn how to typeset, some1 teach me in 3 easy steps plz.

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    I wanna learn how to typeset, some1 teach me in 3 easy steps plz.
    Sadly it can't be summed up that easily. How about 3 easy levels of difficulty?

Hopefully you will do better than I and actually get past lvl 1.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.