Decidedly Undecided

Gamer Help Directory

My Fellow Gamers

Since I am so helpful and generous(modest, too, I'm the total package!!!), I have decided to take it upon myself to make a thread dedicated solely to helping out other gamers. Now, here are the rules...

No Flame Wars. Period. This thread is flame-retardant(read, I'll have a mod/admin delete any flam-y posts, so watch yourself).

No trashing other gamers' skills. Just because you took out the final boss of your favorite game that you didn't stop playing until it was a melted heap of plastic in your console, that doesn't mean the rest of us are as good(read, have as small a social life).

I'll start...

How can I get the Black Planet pin set in The World Ends With You?

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13910

Why not just merge with this? BTW my question is still un-friggin-answered!
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Decidedly Undecided
    Why would I merge a thread I created with another thread I created? Besides, this thread has a different purpose. This thread is to help gamers with the parts of games they can't handle. That thread is more of a...Troubleshooting thing. Kinda like the FAQ's you see on online game sites, that explain how certain problems can be fixed. I mean, FAQ is even in the title.

(sig by Cross)

Proud Grammar Nazi

Mwh I still feel that the faq can include specific game help as well. But w/e its not really a big deal.

Does anyone have a good understanding on Magmaman's pattern of attacks in Megaman 9? Im trying to do a buster only no damage run and its really bugging me because he seems to be unpredictable.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Decidedly Undecided
    Hmm...Have you done a no-damage run by itself, or a buster-only run by itself? If not, do those, then try the buster-only-no-damage run.

(sig by Cross)

Proud Grammar Nazi

Yeah I did both a couple times. It was extrmely hard. But I'm doing this for money so yeah I dont really have a choice.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Decidedly Undecided
    Bump-de-BUMP!

Alright, here's a strategy for the Boss Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep(a Boss Exclusive to Terra's story).

PART 1 OF 3:WHAT TO BRING

Firstly, you NEED Guard and Dash, at least, in your Command Deck. Feel free to use your favorite close-range non-status Commands, since Eraqus will most likely block every Status Spell you throw at him. This means no Stop, Slow, Poison, Ignite, Sleep, Confuse, or Blind.

Now, Commands you should have in your Deck:

-Either a Cure spell or some Hi/Mega Potions, maybe an Elixir or two.
    -Strike Raid. You DO need this Command. If you don't have it, buy it from a Moogle Store and Master it.
    -Slide. Trust me, you'll need it.
    -Counter Hammer works nicely for close-quarters.
    -I used the Dark Volley Shotlock, so I recommend it, but it's your call.

(sig by Cross)

Proud Grammar Nazi

Decidedly Undecided
    Part 2 of 3:Know Your Enemy.

Being a Keyblade Master, Eraqus is a formidable adversary indeed. He has some multi-hit attacks, both close-range and projectile.

-One attack is easily his safest. He fires 3 large balls of light at you, one after another. These can be blocked and sent back at him.
    -If you hear Eraqus shout "Darkness must die!", back away. There are two stages to this attack. The first part generates energy swords that quickly spin around Eraqus. If you get hit once, you'll get hit more. The second part sends the swords out at you from multiple angles. This attack is also blockable.
    -Eraqus also has a lunging stab attack he loves to spam. Dodge as often as possible. This is one of his deadlier attacks, partly because of his speed.
    -One move that's sure to be a game-ender is his Keyblade combo. 5-7 quick successive hits. I'm not sure if it's blockable or not, but you're better off dodging.
    -He has a counter-slash, but it's easy to dodge.
    -One of two desperation attacks he has involves him creating the swords I mentioned earlier, but instead of sending them at you, he fires beams from them, then rotates slowly.
    -His second desperation move involves sending three pillars of flame after you that inflict Burn if they hit.

(sig by Cross)

Proud Grammar Nazi

Decidedly Undecided
    Part 3 of 3:Time to Engage!

You start this fight off in the Dark Impulse Command Style, so feel free to smack Eraqus with impunity until it runs out. When it does, distance yourself. Eraqus will try to hit you with that counter I mentioned. If you see him charging an aura, be prepared to block the 3 orbs of light. If done right, all three will hit him for a good bit of health. If he yells, "Darkness must die!", prepare to block again. if you're far enough away and timeyour block right, you'll reflect every sword. If not, at least one will have wiggle room to maneuver behind you, which is not good for your health.

If he hits you with his Sonic Blade or Keyblade combo, slide away as quick as possible, as these moves WILL hurt you badly. Once you're far away, you can heal.

Once you get him down enough, he'll start firing off his desperation moves. You'll want to dodge his pillars of fire, make it a priority to do so. When he uses his second desperation move(the sword beams), Shotlock him while he's charging, then activate it when he fires. The beams won't hurt you, and you'll damage him pretty good. If you run out of Force, use Strike Raid.

Just keep this plan in mind and don't ignore your block/dodge, and he should go down without much trouble.

(sig by Cross)

Proud Grammar Nazi