View Poll Results: So, what do you think about the final ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • | 5 | - it's exactly how I have imagined it and it was worth it

2 50.00%
  • | 4 | - not bad, at least the pairings are good

1 25.00%
  • | 3 | - meh, could have been better, but also worse

1 25.00%
  • | 2 | - eh, even the pairings are all wrong...

0 0%
  • | 1 | - this is just trolling, a complete waste of time

0 0%

Bleach Bleach 686 - Final Discussion

FINAL CHAPTER 686

Well, there is supposed to be some extra as well later on... and the announcement was about a live action movie.

So, boobs won over personality, eh ? I guess that's "human" ;p. Well, I guess the human - shinigami relationship was covered by his father and there was no need to replicate it... but still it does seem kind of off. Also, were Ryuken and Ishin kicked out of their houses :O ? In the end, all that adventure amounted merely to Ichigo having a few friends from the afterlife (since his other friends, life partner and family were already there from the beginning ) ?

Did the young Kurosaki destroy or absorb Bach's remnants ? And what about Aizen, did they at least lessen his sentence for the huge help he gave during their darkest hour ? Is Yuzu gunning for Ichigo's kid now that she can't get Ichigo :p (seeing how she is the only blond person in the family, maybe it's not really a problem... ?) ?

So, Bach wanted to fuse the 3 worlds because he was afraid of death, even though he knew there was an afterlife - life going in circle ?

Oh right, this reminds me, now that there is no SK to act as a linchpin for the 3 (or more) worlds, how are they still being kept together without falling apart ?
    Last edited by Zero; 08-18-2016 at 07:37 PM.

All things must come to an end. Overall, though Bleach left on a sour note, looking back at Kubo's 15 year work, he was able to capture the hearts of manga fans and non-fans even. Bleach was able to do things few other manga could even match. Cheers for the hardwork Kubo san. Otsukaresamadeshita!!

sig made by me

The end of an era :'(I'll miss my weekly dose of Naruto and Bleach. Regardless of how it ended, I enjoyed the journey and the friends I've made and lost due to this manga and community.Good luck my friends. I hope everything is well.

Now let's vote who will fill the space Bleach left!! I'll go with Hero Academia.

sig made by me

Enjoyed the ending.

Wish Kubo had said something about the soul King.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

lol only 3 of us voted so far. I gave it a three. I liked the pairings and I really liked that he ended it with the title of death and strawberry like it was the beginning of another story. I kinda don't like how Ywatch ended but I did like that we at least know what he wanted to do in the end. merge everything together into one big never ending life/dream. I did get some fun out of this series so I won't totally bash Kubo but I do with he ended it a little more dramatic and with a lot of action and flare. I am happy its over though, kinda bittersweet like Naruto's ending
    A pie in the sky?

For a moment there, when the site didn't work, I thought that it was down for good... looks like it would require an actual exorcism to put this zombie down .

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    lol only 3 of us voted so far. I gave it a three.
    I never vote on my own polls, I think ? Speaking of polls, there was a time that I only voted on polls but didn't post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I liked the pairings and I really liked that he ended it with the title of death and strawberry like it was the beginning of another story.
    While it's nice that Inoue was rewarded for always being there, it's not like she was the only female like that, that was around Ichigo with feelings for him. I mean, Satsuki seemed to have an even better dynamic with Ichigo than her, there was also Ichigo's younger sister who didn't seem to be blood related to him (she even had far weaker spiritual powers than the rest of the family), there was also Ichigo's milf boss and the Fullbring girl, Nell and probably more than I can remember. On the other hand, the dynamic with Rukia was something else compared to the rest of the females, I mean they were basically a pivotal characters for each other in the turning points of their lives respectively, they were always themselves around each other, feeling comfortable and having fun, even in their darkest moments lifting each other up (save Rukia arc and the Fullbring arc for example), encouraging and making each other better while moving forward together... not to mention that Kaien was kind of Rukia's first crush and Ichigo was not only similar but even soul-blood related to him...

I guess that what Kubo was actually going for, is that Rukia was Ichigo's soulmate whereas Inoue was his life partner. Frankly, it would have been more believable if Inoue's and Ichigo's relationship was strengthened in the time he didn't have his powers (unless it was but hasn't been shown). As for the difference between the two:
    Soul Mate: Someone who is aligned with your soul and is sent to challenge, awaken and stir different parts of you in order for your soul to transcend to a higher level of consciousness and awareness. Once the lesson has been learnt, physical separation usually occurs.

Life Partner: A companion, a friend, a stable and secure individual who you can lean on, trust and depend on to help you through life. There is a mutual feeling of love and respect and you are both in sync with each others needs and wants.
    Speaking of romance and rom-coms, Kushuku Gakkou No Juliet and Love is Hard for Otaku are pretty sweet, fun and funny to read from the recent ones (especially the first one feels like it might be a contender for my favorite rom-com manga, but it's hard to say for the time being).

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Wish Kubo had said something about the soul King.
    Knowing Kubo, he might have been aiming at Urahara coming up with something (perhaps something related to Urahara's claim that he couldn't control H-cube then, implying that he could now...), or perhaps the Heavenly Gear that they brought from Shihoin family's vault, that kind of now turned out to have been brought for no reason ;P.

Actually, I was half expecting the revelation that Urahara or his real family were the ones that made the SK, hence proving that science is above "God", for it created it... perhaps even in kind of villainous style ;P (it still wasn't explained how and why Urahara was picked out by the Shihoin family, even though he was old enough to take care of himself ? Er the manga wasn't too detailed about that... like how did Kisuke knew how and what was the SK and all the other stuff).

Speaking of, it's kind of strange that instead of showing young Kurosaki snooping around Urahara's shop, he was snooping around Vizards place... unless Urahara and Yoruichi actually died in the end... ?

At the end, Bleach was a big thing and kind of still is, something that have awed, brought fun and inspired many, both normal readers as well as authors. Kubo should be congratulated for being able to place his manga among the best selling and popular manga of all time (it's in the top 20 IIRC ?), as well as being able to work at it continuously for 15? years. Even though, during the Fullbring arc, I could sort of feel him getting somewhat tired of it from his art getting stale with art and panels that no longer were as imaginative as before ;P (which I did mention at the time ). Let him get a good rest for now and see what he comes up with (or if, since he might have enough money for the rest of his life ;P).

Dear Kubo Tite,

Thank you for ending Bleach in the right way: Ichigo with Inoue, and Rukia with Renji, as it was supposed to be from the start. There were a few loose ends (Nell and a couple of bankais to name a few), but overall I found it satisfying. Thank you once again.

Over and out.