Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I like this theory! It would be a total trip to see Gol D. Roger having gomu gomu attacks just like Luffy and stuff haha, maybe even the same personality! But dont you think someone would have noticed his powers a while ago when he used them, like Buggy, Raleigh, WB, etc?
    I agree completely to this. I think there is some connection between Luffy and Roger besides him being the half brother of Roger's son, and that Luffy wants to be the Pirate King. His other ability which we haven't seen yet could be also an ability that he had because obviously more than one person can have this ability. As Kizaru said "what fearsome power he has residing inside..." Maybe because he is noticing this which he has seen before and why it is so fearsome. What do you people think? I like all these responses so far.

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    Red: But they already had discovered the DFs before, when Shanks and Buggy were on Roger's ship.

Blue: This could be true.
    Oh sorry, what I meant was they knew the Devil Fruits yes but it's not that Popular by that time. I mean like all they know is that it gives God-like Power but they're also pretty scared 'cos of the devilish rumours flying around with those Fruits.
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

If he had any df power it would be something totally badass like a blood fruit, logia or paramecia

But imo he was just a epic guy with 100% control over his haki

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Agustin View Post
    And Shanks was only but a Rookie Pirate, I'm pretty sure he intended to eat it for himself or probably let one of his friends eat it.
    Rookie pirates don't run around with ridiculous haki strong enough to turn a sea beast running. Also, Whitebeard already knew Shanks before he went to the East blue and met Luffy, he says something like "We were all surprised when you returned from the East blue missing an arm." Also, Hawkeye used to duel Shanks when he still had two arms. I think it's pretty safe to say Shanks wasn't a newcomer when he first met Luffy.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Really, REALLY am i the only sane one here you can only ever the DF once, once somone consumes the first bite the ability is lost forever in the consumer.
    Sanji badly wanted to be able to be invisable dont you think he would have just killed that Thriller Bark dude and looked for it later
    He even explained the DF system then:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/464/07/
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Really, REALLY am i the only sane one here you can only ever the DF once, once somone consumes the first bite the ability is lost forever in the consumer.
    Sanji badly wanted to be able to be invisable dont you think he would have just killed that Thriller Bark dude and looked for it later
    He even explained the DF system then:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/464/07/
    i agree its common one piece knowledge

Oda said (i think in an SBS) that you cant have two people with the same DF ability at the same time. ever wondered how Vegapunk makes the DF encyclopedia? the same fruits have been used in the past and are now reappearing, after the person who had the ability no longer has it (ie... most probably killed). i am guessing after someone dies their DF is "freed" from them and takes root somewhere randomly. he didnt go into details, but he said that there was more to say about DFs and what they really are.

edit: source: SBS vol 48:

"D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu Fruit was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME." How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually."

icic maybe when the DF user dies the tree blooms again baring another fruit, but he make it seem like there not even fruits

it could just go Back to sea devil and plus he didn't say anything about there being the fruit again he said ability so until it comes to it the topic is as undecidable as the topic on if Ace is dead.
    So until then lets wait to crunch time ppl.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    While it hadn't been yet explained how to acquire that knowledge, according to Oda in a SBS, the same power of a Devil Fruit can exist more than one time (but not at the same time).
    so that means the fruit will grow at some point in time again. Well if it didnt grow back devil fruits would be extinct by now.

got this off one piece wiki
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit