View Poll Results: Which is the best split catergory of DF?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zoan, how could you not like the cutesy

    10 8.55%
  • Logia, obviouslly

    69 58.97%
  • Paracemia, why not they vary so much

    24 20.51%
  • They're all good!!!

    14 11.97%
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 799
  1. #21
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    Doesn't make a Logia DF ability any less great though. Especially when you have to factor in the use of Haki with Zoan or Paramecia DF's just to measure up to a Logia DF by itself. And you could say that any DF user relies on their abilities too much, not just Logias. But in One Piece, even that's a stupid statement since a DF changes a person's body so much that they kind of can't help but use their DF abilities. I could understand if there was some monumental drawback to using DF abilities too much, but there isn't. Actually, we could make a case for DF users not using their abilities enough. If we think about it, Aokiji could have won the war by himself with some extra planning to accommodate his DF ability.

  2. #22
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915

    Naruto um

    Afro, can ya explain to me the differences between the 3 types, and list all the ones for each category.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!


    Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

  3. #23
    Veteran Member Light-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Agustin View Post
    We saw how Marco used his Haki and empowered his kick that sent Kizaru flying down the floor, it's not much of a use for a Logia user that relies on his Ability too much which is most of them, like what the others said they are too overconfident with their abilities.
    I just wanted to point out, that pretty much every DF user is weak against Haki, not only the Logia ones.

    And thus we can't take Haki into account when we are comparing the Devil Fruits.

    EDIT: If your point is, that Logia users lack physical strengh and stamina when compared to say, Zoan, then I agree with you.

    EDIT II: @Rokudaime: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit
    Last edited by Light-kun; 01-26-2010 at 10:01 AM.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

  4. #24
    Master of Bludging ChaosMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,003
    I understand that haki is effective against all DF users. What I mean is that once you've reached a certain level, say Rayleigh's current level (lets call it 7), Logia has next to no benifits for you, especially if your versing someone stronger than you (like Shiki, Roger or Rayleigh and WB in their prime). I mean put it this way, Light Logia gives Kizaru the ability to move at the speed of light, but in a fight, he struggled to beat Rayleigh simply because someone of that level will easily move at a similar speed. Other than that, does his DF give him any battle advantage? No. If Rayleigh had a logia, would it give him a battle advantage? No. But if Rayleigh had a Zoan ability, he could transform and increase his strength, whiles not affecting his normal fighting style/speed. Thus giving him a advantage over Kizaru. Not to meantion the fact that he'll heal a hell of a lot faster.

    I know it's confusing. Have you read my last post? Might be clearer.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Light-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,375
    @ChaosMaster: Imo you can't compare Rayleigh and Kizaru simply because Rayleigh has Haki.
    He was only able to fight evenly against Kizaru because of Haki.
    If, let's say Kizaru also would have Haki, and Rayleigh also a (Zoan) DF. Then they would just neutralize each others DF abilities and it would come down to a close combat battle whithout DFs.

    And thus this would have nothing to do with this thread.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

  6. #26
    "Sanji?! Meat!!!" Gypseslice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raftel aka UK
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    @ChaosMaster: Imo you can't compare Rayleigh and Kizaru simply because Rayleigh has Haki.
    He was only able to fight evenly against Kizaru because of Haki.
    If, let's say Kizaru also would have Haki, and Rayleigh also a (Zoan) DF. Then they would just neutralize each others DF abilities and it would come down to a close combat battle whithout DFs.

    And thus this would have nothing to do with this thread.
    i kno haki has nothin to do with this thread with it bcuz i made it but puttin that aside i think that it it were a no DF fist fight between jozu and aojiki, jozu would have won and thinkin about it aojiki would hav to stop bein lazy if he even wanted to stand a chance
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!


    “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    Yeah, but Haki doesn't count on this one. Just imagine what a Logia user would be able to do with Haki.
    I mean he could just neutralize the effects of any Zoan or Paramecia.
    It does, a logia without his powers are nothing

    just look ace battle with bb

  8. #28
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Miineur View Post
    It does, a logia without his powers are nothing

    just look ace battle with bb
    Even that's hard to say since Blackbeard was using a Logia DF too. The only thing that Logia DF users may take for granted is their ability to make attacks pass right through them. They get so used to that, that when they actually take a hit, they're totally unprepared for it.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Even that's hard to say since Blackbeard was using a Logia DF too. The only thing that Logia DF users may take for granted is their ability to make attacks pass right through them. They get so used to that, that when they actually take a hit, they're totally unprepared for it.
    exactly, and someone that aint used to take hits wont be able to handle so much damage afterall

  10. #30
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,040
    I like Paramecia too, its much more fun and you need skill and imagination to use them. So many possibilities! And Zoan is a close second, only because I think you get more use out of a paramecia than just turning into a dog lol.

    I dont like Logia just because I don't know how I would feel about not having a "body" and only being made up of that one element. Plus Logia is hax and kinda boring when all you do is fireball, fireball, fireball, big fireball, little fireball, fireball...
    A pie in the sky?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •