• Could Have Been Better

0 0%
  • Not At All Worth The Wait

2 22.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    shinobi
    Thanks for the heads up mate

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Yeah, the thing about Chakra is perplexing, I wonder if Kishi has a convincing explanation. How is it that Chakra connects the Afterlife with the living world (as per Obito), if Chakra came to humans through Kaguya or The SO6P? Are there different types of Chakra?

Maybe what Humans Gained was not Chakra, but the knowledge of Accumulation and use of Chakra. I think Someone (SO6P/Hamura) altered humanity and Ninja animals to be able to generate/accumulate/use Chakra.

Personally I think Chakra has/had always been a part of life, just as the God Tree existed well Before Kaguya, and it must have had a purpose. Kaguya was simply a Chakra collector from another dimension who wanted ALL chakra, including the chakra of living things, this caused the SO6P to oppose her.

Of course, after she's immobilized and Naruto hears her sob story, he's gonna get all teary eyed, and volunteer to help her and her people (or whatever).

On another note:

I don't like random things, hence I hope that things like Amaterasu and Susanoo are explained. Where did it all come from? Why do all Susanoos have the same general shape?

Is there such a thing as a pure Juubi unpolluted by Kaguya? Why does Kaguya take the form of a Bunny when her "Will" is shaken? I'm sure there are many other questions other readers might think of.

Chakra probably went from a neutral notion of "just is" to a possessive notion of "belongs to me" thanks toKaguya's theft to gain power, then to a an inclusive notion of "belongs to nobody but connects everybody" with the So6p's attempt to start ninsho religion. All humans did was learn to perceive it, use it, and abuse it (ala Adam and Eve with perceiving good and evil that was already a notion beforehand).

I kind of agree with your feelings on random things and stuff. However, it is always preferred to all out exposition or aggressive explanation. I can stomach the arbitrary most of the time, just not when it gets explanations for it to fit in. The first episode of Psycho PASS is the perfect example of every pet peeve I have rolled into one go.

Kishi can pull it off with a careful treading down the path of developing the pantheon. We don't need every detail to the point of being overbearing, but maybe through second hand reminiscing during Kaguya's send-off flashbacks or Hashirama's secret knowledge passing to Naruto before he returns to magic chakra dead land. The deities glimpsed through character conversation is a safe way to get answers about Susanoo and such. Always best with the picture isn't whole. Feels more natural that way.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Well at least it's not another Skip Week.
    yeah I was worried about it being a skip week. I even had a joke prepared about them needing to change the name of the publication to fortnightly shounen jump.