• Weak Chapter

0 0%
  • ENOUGH!!

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Naruto Chapter 687 Discussion/ 688 Predictions

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/687

Nooooo, not the sharingans! I didn't want to believe it..but maybe the sharingan Kakashi days really are over (He doesnt need the sharingan to use the techniques he's copied however). I'm sure Sakura is capable of implanting the eyes, if they're still usable that is. Don't think Id want to steal my best friend's eyes though personally lol. It'd almost seem disrespectful given the circumstances; and they were a gift the first time.

I briefly feared the direction Kishimoto was taking when Naruto touched Obito, thinking he'd magically heal someone again (Still not over Naruto creating intricate body parts), but it turned out alright. I didn't hate Rin and Obito like a lot of people did, but I'm relieved their story is finally over (Or so I presume).

Now, what's with this creating chakra business? Was it a mistranslation, or was he talking about gathering Natural/Sage chakra? I mean, when a ninja runs out of chakra, it does eventually come back somehow, but I never assumed it was created out of thin air like Black Zetsu seems to be implying; especially now that we have learned that all chakra has as origin and birthplace.

Kaguya's arm is severed, but I'm sure it's of no consequence. If Naruto can create eyes and reverse inevitable deaths within seconds, I'm sure Kaguya can create an arm with fairly little effort. As strong as Naruto and Sasuke are, I still don't see them being strong enough to take her down just yet. I think they're one final powerup away from achieving this, along with whatever the Hokages will soon offer. I know she won't be brought down with raw power alone though, at least, I should hope not; I'm sure it will be something more strategic and clever than that; a befitting end to the war (If you can call 2 days of fighting a war lol).

A little off topic, but I wonder about Kaguya, Hagoromo, and Hamura's successors. As most of us remember, Kimimaro's last name was Kaguya, and was a part of the Kaguya clan. Their specialty was bone creation/manipulation and was exclusive to their clan. I think that is no coincidence. There's also the unknown Hagoromo clan. I wonder how these clans came to be and what their connection was to those of days past, if any at all. I also wonder how we'll hear about Kaguya's back story. She's said to be a princess, and in one dimension there was a castle. If those dimensions really are remnants of a civilization now lost, I wonder how she became interested in humans and the affairs of man (wars). In the interest of time, I think Hagoromo left out some important details that were seemingly unimportant at the time, due to Naruto and Sasuke's dire situation. I doubt she'll be killed off without further elaborating on why she is trying to do the things she is, but she doesn't seem as open with divulging information like say, Madara. And again, in the interest of time, I don't know if Hagoromo will deem it important enough to tell the hokages of her past and why she is the way she is (Other than the power she received driving her mad).
    Last edited by janfeae; 07-30-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    HOLY CRAP, did naruto just slice off Kaguya's arm in one blow? The fight is getting serious now.

Sad Obito has to go, but its a good thing he got some closure.

Quote Originally Posted by mo916 View Post
    HOLY CRAP, did naruto just slice off Kaguya's arm in one blow? The fight is getting serious now.
    He sure did. Only question is, how did he reach her so fast? I know he's really fast since that tie he got kyubi mode, but he hasn't really used that speed much lately. And I'm pretty sure Kaguya could outmatch his speed any time. What's interesting though is that he sliced off Kaguya's left arm, the one where black zetsu recides in.

So, kamui is gone for good? That's the saddest part. I was hoping for an Itachi style transfer to Kakashi before the death. Maybe it's impossible to none Uchiha's. Btw, mangapanda Tenten illustration is hot
    Last edited by galfano; 07-30-2014 at 07:57 AM.

It's possible that Sasuke teleported Naruto to Kaguya; Sasuke did say that he'd be the "diversion" this time, so perhaps he entered Susano'o to draw Kaguya's attention waiting for the right moment to send Naruto in.

Either way, it's awesome that Black Zetsu is finally detached from his mother. Hopefully he's killed soon; after all the shit he's been talking, it'd be a fitting time for him to leave the picture. Maybe throw in some lines like "You're the one who sticks around like a cockroach!"

I feel this chapter was a difficult one for Kishi to fit in all the elements he wanted without making it too long.

- I'm wondering if there is going to be a deeper explanation of these dimensions and why chakra recovers faster in the first one.

- That Bone Ash jutsu takes a tremendous amount of chakra & took a toll on Kaguya.

- Getting rid of Black Zetsu may be what Naruto is aiming for since he is the once whispering battle hints in her ear.

- Kaguya may have greater powers but she is less battle hardened than Madara which makes sense since she never had any real rivals(except maybe her sons) in terms of power compared to Madara who developed his powers through constant combat.

The moves that worked on her would never have worked on Madara.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Hoho, Naruto is finally serious, he started ripping his opponent's arms :O (not that it matters with all their powers...).

Is it me or was Obito promoting the new movie, by saying that Naruto will still face all kinds of pain and suffering in the future ;p ?

I wonder why Sasuke couldn't use his eye power for awhile, it doesn't seem that he is low on chakra, so then why (after he was separated from Naruto he pretty much used it only once) ?

Last time a clone was good enough to stop the bone attack, so couldn't they have used the KB again instead ?

@janfeae, I think that they should have used "mold", to mix the energies into chakra. Looks like she has to mold it herself, instead of having the beasts doing the job for her, like for Naruto.

Everyone assumes Kaguya isn't battle hardened like Madara was. But we really know nothing about what her life was before she came and ate the fruit. For all we know she might have come from another world, filled with war. She might have had top notch training back then. We shouldn't assume anything before actually knowing.

Good chapter and a nice attack by Naruto. Obito was the Krillen (DBZ) character in this chapter, he had to get wasted and let the Naruto get an emotional powerup like Goku did prior to becoming a Super Saijan. Next week we will see the multi-faced Ashura transformation by Naruto to go with Sasuke's full Sussanoo and hopefully it will be the shit.

With Zetsu's comment about moving dimensions i dont really think there is a massive intrigue about how Kayuga gets her Chakra, it was simply a case of that staying in a place where the gravity is very high, so much so that you need to expend chakra to move is probably not the best place to try and regain alot of chakra in order to do battle. The move back to the first dimension may be significant though, perhaps the dimension transfer technique has to be done in a certain order. That could give them time to strategise in order to use the Bijuu powers and the affinity they hold to her dimensions against her.

Naruto has now seperated Kayuga from Zetsu - i wonder if that will be significant at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Kishi is an awesome story teller. In the end I actually ended up liking Obito. Im also sad that there is no more copying for the copy ninja, but at least he's still alive. He should try 1000 years of pain on Kaguya.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid