Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

World Cup 2014

So we're nearing the conclusions of the poule phase of the world cup.

What are your thoughts so far ?

I hope the black stars of Ghana qualify. I hate how we keep conceding from corners though but I predict a Portugal win over the US tomorrow followed by a Ghana and Germany win against Portugal and US respectively. We were unlucky to have lost our 1st match which we should easily have won but there is still hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

I could see the final being between Germany and Holland, with the 3rd place match being between Brazil and Argentina.

Of course, playing surprisingly good are also Chile, Costa Rica and Columbia. Not to forget France and Italy playing at their usual level (though Italy might be already crumbling).

^^ It's really funny but I don't see brazil even in the semis. Their performances aren't really convincing and they are over reliant on neymar like the case of portugal and CR7. To be frank they haven't looked like world beaters to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

Brazil seems to have the referee on their side so far. Aditioannly, it's weird they have to play their game today after the Netherlands and Chile fought out who will be the pool victor. It's nice to see the world is pretty positive about the dutch team, but I don't have high hopes.

My guesses are Brazil, Argentina, France and Germany making it to the semi finals. Chile also has made a very good impression on me the last half year (their matches against England and Germany were really good before the world cup), so I'm betting on them as a dark horse.

If Germany does Ghana a favour by winning the US match, Ghana should advance easily given how the Portuguese are playing. Even on their day, I don't regard Portugal to be better than Ghana and I laugh so hard when I see those PSI's and odds ratings for Portugal winning against Ghana. I don't know what those "experts" smoke before putting those numbers out. Ghana never comes to a world cup without winning a match. Things will get even more interesting from here after Ghana wins at least 2-0 against weak a** Portugal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghana certainly hasn't played as well as they can, and I expect them to up their game from here on.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Hmmm, whether it was due to Vidal not playing and that Chile was already placed or that we defended pretty well, they played very disappointing today. Now hoping for Brazil to win, so we draw Croatia or Mexico !

F.K.A. ammada™
    Most important thing in this WC that Spain been eliminated
    God how arrogant they are! Xavi said during euro2012
    "The European Championships is harder than the World Cup, more intense. There are no Cinderellas.nIn the World Cup, with all respect, you can face Honduras or Saudi Arabia. In the Euros, anyone can beat you."

That was close!