Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,933
    I wonder if Kubo is not painting himself into a corner here:

    He still has to draw Aizen, Ichigo, The Soul King, and while drawing them, he has to give them unique, but staggeringly huge powers. Then on top of that he has to do justice to Juha Bach who will have gainned the powers of all the dead Quincies.

    He then has to link up with the going ons at Hueco Mundo (yep there's still Chado and Orihime), he has to say something about the Hollows, particularly Grimjow and Hallibel. He also has to conclude the fights with Urahara, Kurotsuchiin it, and the ones with Hitsugaya, Rukia, and Renji.

    He has to go back to Uruuyu, Dog Captain guy, and perhaps revisit new Sou Taichou Kuroyaki Shunsui.

    How can he portray so many unbelievably powerful people without diminishing any of them, while maintaining the excitement and interest?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #12
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I wonder if Kubo is not painting himself into a corner here:

    He still has to draw Aizen, Ichigo, The Soul King, and while drawing them, he has to give them unique, but staggeringly huge powers. Then on top of that he has to do justice to Juha Bach who will have gainned the powers of all the dead Quincies.

    He then has to link up with the going ons at Hueco Mundo (yep there's still Chado and Orihime), he has to say something about the Hollows, particularly Grimjow and Hallibel. He also has to conclude the fights with Urahara, Kurotsuchiin it, and the ones with Hitsugaya, Rukia, and Renji.

    He has to go back to Uruuyu, Dog Captain guy, and perhaps revisit new Sou Taichou Kuroyaki Shunsui.

    How can he portray so many unbelievably powerful people without diminishing any of them, while maintaining the excitement and interest?
    Don't expect anything spectacular from Kubo, his going to do justice to Ichigo and Bach (hopefully), and troll the rest like he always does. I don't really mind as long as he makes Ichigo's battle with Bach epic. One thing I know for sure is Ichigo is gonna come in and tank Zanka No Taichi, but that power shouldn't mean anything to Bach since it's not his true power and his been accumilating more power ever since.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Don't expect anything spectacular from Kubo, his going to do justice to Ichigo and Bach (hopefully), and troll the rest like he always does. I don't really mind as long as he makes Ichigo's battle with Bach epic. One thing I know for sure is Ichigo is gonna come in and tank Zanka No Taichi, but that power shouldn't mean anything to Bach since it's not his true power and his been accumilating more power ever since.
    I expect that Ichigo will force Bach to do "something", after which Bach will win. This way, Ichigo will be forced to attain "that" kind of power (the one that Kyouraku said that Ichigo had an astronomically small possibility of obtaining), since Ichigo didn't seem to have "it", yet.

    Unless Kubo was only teasing the readers with that .



  4. #14
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,025
    I dont even think Aizen is in the ballpark anymore, Kenpachi probably has more brute strength and reiatsu than Ichigo at his prime when he faught final form Aizen, I wonder if his zanpakuto's power even affect Kenpachi?
    A pie in the sky?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Temperjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,274
    Well, you have to remember, Aizen's greatest strength wasn't his power, it was his intelligence, and how deceptive his zanpakuto could be. Anyways, this isn't necessarily surprising, after all, we saw a glimpse of this in an earlier chapter, when Gremmy imagined himself losing http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/576/12 . Now, it's happened again. Kenpachi has shown more power than Gremmy imagined, and Gremmy has lost control of his imagination trying to come up with a way to surpass it.

  6. #16
    Forgotten Angel sevencold19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    P.R.
    Posts
    1,111
    And just when things were getting interesting with the void thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kick me high, hit me low, spit on me it's gonna take more than that to break my soul.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Anticrobotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    142
    I for one am happy that one of the fights were concluded without the usual badass-shikai-holy mode-bankai ladder. Some variation is needed, don't you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I still have a problem with the Meteor being slashed though, it's pieces should have the same effect as the whole. Also what did happen to Kenapchi from the void/space, I mean his eye was boiling and his body seemed to explode. Does he now have Wolverine's Healing factor, or worse Deadpool's?
    Your reasoning has one fatal flaw, Paul. You're using logic.

  8. #18
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,579
    Glad Gremmy just went and killed himself. I don't wanna let Kenpachi used all his badassery on this dumbass. Now I'm wondering how would Ken would even power up if he goes to the soul King palace and recieve the same training as Ichigo and the rest had.

    About Kubo's running out of idea on how he dresses is characters, I always thought he always do them all justice, outside of condom Aizen of course. He's not the best storyteller out there but man can he draw..

    sig made by me

  9. #19
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Glad Gremmy just went and killed himself. I don't wanna let Kenpachi used all his badassery on this dumbass. Now I'm wondering how would Ken would even power up if he goes to the soul King palace and recieve the same training as Ichigo and the rest had.

    About Kubo's running out of idea on how he dresses is characters, I always thought he always do them all justice, outside of condom Aizen of course. He's not the best storyteller out there but man can he draw..
    Don't try to imagine that, because you might just self-destruct ;P.

    Yeah, especially the variety of clothing that Kubo puts his characters in, on chapter covers and double pages, or after the popularity polls... it makes me wonder if perhaps Kubo didn't want to design clothes at some point...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
    Your reasoning has one fatal flaw, Paul. You're using logic.
    Well, hmmmm, but if take into consideration that Kenpachi himself and his sword creates a large amounts of pressure force and that Kenpachi can concentrate that pressure to send long distance slashes, couldn't it be simply explained by Kenpachi using enough counter pressure force to have reduced most of the meteor's, and it piece's, momentum and kinetic force ?



  10. #20
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I expect that Ichigo will force Bach to do "something", after which Bach will win. This way, Ichigo will be forced to attain "that" kind of power (the one that Kyouraku said that Ichigo had an astronomically small possibility of obtaining), since Ichigo didn't seem to have "it", yet.

    Unless Kubo was only teasing the readers with that .
    You mean this:

    Spoiler!



    You know when he mentions a power that may affect the human world this comes to mind:

    Spoiler!


    Ichigo's reiatsu could be dangerous to humans and I doubt his real body will be able to cope, also his reiatsu will have a much bigger range than Aizen's, but then again he managed to suppress his power in his final form so it still leaves me guessing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •