0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%

Fairy Tail 381 discussion/ 382 predictions

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/381

Spoiler!
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

MANGASTREAM VERSION

Well, I was hoping that perhaps it was time for Lisanna to gain some Demon form, since her brother and sister already have at least one each... oh well I guess she has to remain "pure".

It's probably worth mentioning that the Order that was given to Elfman has additionally strengthened him. So it was, his magic + will + nakama + family + order power, so he one-shooting her from a surprise attack in the back, does add up, I guess ?

The way I see it she got trolled, just like the other demon that had Hades power and got owned by a brick wall.

She can beat Mira but she can't even withstand a single blow from a weaker opponent, and what's funny is Mira has been getting torn to shreds in her human form and she still fights back lol

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    The way I see it she got trolled, just like the other demon that had Hades power and got owned by a brick wall.

She can beat Mira but she can't even withstand a single blow from a weaker opponent, and what's funny is Mira has been getting torn to shreds in her human form and she still fights back lol
    It's called Magic Resistance (RES). Normally you don't notice this, because Magicians in FT usually also have quite a high DEF and HP/Stamina for their class (IIRC there was even a chapter about it), but you have to remember that they are still Magicians, so they probably would still take higher damage from a physical attack than a magical attack, even if those were of equal power. An excellent example would be the soul eating Demon that was tanking most Magical attacks, yet when it came to a straight punch or rock crush, he went down easily. Seeing how often FT members exchange magical attacks between themselves and with others, their RES is probably quite something. Then there are Dragons who are always famous for their anti-magic shields and magic resistance.

You also have to take inconsideration the brute strength of Elfman's form compared to Mira's forms. It was overall a pretty good chapter it was a nice flashback and it explain a lot about there history. I felt like this chapter was needed, and it showed that Mira was't undefeatable, I rather have her somewhat defeat then use the friendship powerup. I wonder what might happen next chapter, I have a feeling its going to go back to Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It's called Magic Resistance (RES). Normally you don't notice this, because Magicians in FT usually also have quite a high DEF and HP/Stamina for their class (IIRC there was even a chapter about it), but you have to remember that they are still Magicians, so they probably would still take higher damage from a physical attack than a magical attack, even if those were of equal power. An excellent example would be the soul eating Demon that was tanking most Magical attacks, yet when it came to a straight punch or rock crush, he went down easily. Seeing how often FT members exchange magical attacks between themselves and with others, their RES is probably quite something. Then there are Dragons who are always famous for their anti-magic shields and magic resistance.
    lol did you turn FT into an RPG? So what did Mira do? Did she overtake her curse power or her demon form? Or was it Elfman who did it, or a combo of the two or three of them? And I think Elfman is plent strong to take her out, hes got huge strength just not the fancy energy blasts like everyone else, so he could have taken her down just like Mira did.

I need clarification on this chapter and how Mira and the other two mix in with the demons...
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    lol did you turn FT into an RPG? So what did Mira do? Did she overtake her curse power or her demon form? Or was it Elfman who did it, or a combo of the two or three of them? And I think Elfman is plent strong to take her out, hes got huge strength just not the fancy energy blasts like everyone else, so he could have taken her down just like Mira did.

I need clarification on this chapter and how Mira and the other two mix in with the demons...
    Well, it's called take over, so they take over the power (and seemingly physical characteristics) of their targets. Seemingly they mention "soul" when using a curtain's creature power, so it looks they also take a portion of the creature's soul, which later lies dormant within them (probably the reason why Elfman was unable to control one of his transformations). At least taking into consideration what they say when using it, what it is called and what Makarov said about it in this chapter. Also, seemingly it also allows them to control that creature remotely as well depending on how well/much they are able to take over (in the case of the demons they have taken over, they slew/exorciset them right after it), like those tentacles in the laboratory. What's more, they are not only able to take over creature over creatures, but also over specifically their powers.

On a side note, it seems that the reason why Elfman was able to take the demonic arm forms, that were pure imagination and not from a real creature (from that Imagination wizard of GM), is because he actually took over a portion of that Wizard's ability, namely the portion that allow to achieve those certain forms only.

In a way it seems similar to that soul eating demon and perhaps it might be a magic that is based on the demon's curse power.

What Mira did was overtake her Macro/Order ability, which is part of her Curse powers. That power resolved around being able to send commands to anyone who was under that demon's control (strangely enough, it looks like a different power was first used to take control, at least that's how it sounds from the way this was translated). Seeing as the Etherias felt "exhaustion", it seems that Mira had ripped out a portion of the Order's power, the one specifically pertaining to commanding Elfman.