View Poll Results: How high?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaarghsome

    5 71.43%
  • Whoa

    1 14.29%
  • Ok

    1 14.29%
  • Badz

    0 0%
  • Terribadz

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    I'm thinking "swallow" is meant to be in the same vein as "engulf, overpower", etc. That'd fit Zaraki much better.
    Agreed, with Kenpachi, it would be swallow as in the Best BLACK HOLE Swallows Galaxy tradition.

    Bleach has been dragging a bit lately, and I really need some brutal slashing action to cheer me up.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #12
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Agreed, with Kenpachi, it would be swallow as in the Best BLACK HOLE Swallows Galaxy tradition.

    Bleach has been dragging a bit lately, and I really need some brutal slashing action to cheer me up.
    The only thing I can think of right now that is regularly updated, would be Akame ga KILL!. It is certainly full of brutal slashing action, though the feels that will engulf you from reading it, won't be cheering you up... well it's really good (it was also green-lit for anima and also has a prequel). Here is a small sample of it:
    Spoiler!


    Looking at Kenpachi's Zanpakutou, seeing as it seems to be meant for chopping (well it is an axe), I think that the most fitting would be "bite off", since it is closer to sever/cut, while still having that eat/devour feeling to it .



  3. #13
    The French Tickler pratesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    380
    Nice chapter. Ended quickly tho. As much as I like that Ken has his shikai now, i question how it will be drawn in the manga in the future. After all what most of us love about Ken is his bloodlust and his slash, slash slash mentality. That huge sword makes it harder to go berserk and have the story be told properly.

    I guess Bankai will shrink back the sword.

  4. #14
    Forgotten Angel sevencold19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    P.R.
    Posts
    1,111
    This gremmy guy has an awesome power but he lack some serious imagination and that make him lame and boring. Kenpachi shikai remind me of the switch axe in MH tri.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kick me high, hit me low, spit on me it's gonna take more than that to break my soul.

  5. #15
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    969
    I have been fucking swearing up and down for years that Kenpachi's zanpakuto was not in a constant true shikai released state because he did not know the name of it so it was therefore impossible. Awesome to finally see that I was right. I don't know if it was bad translation or Yoruichi(and therefore Kubo behind that) was just being stupid, but I am glad that Kubo finally straightened that out once and for all. Validation bitches. It feels great.

    I love that Nozarashi doesn't have a tip in shikai form, it's like a straight bucher's cleaver. Made for slashing and chopping. Pure Kencpachi style there. I still hope for some kind of kido annulment or something along those lines from the blade.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    I have been fucking swearing up and down for years that Kenpachi's zanpakuto was not in a constant true shikai released state because he did not know the name of it so it was therefore impossible. Awesome to finally see that I was right. I don't know if it was bad translation or Yoruichi(and therefore Kubo behind that) was just being stupid, but I am glad that Kubo finally straightened that out once and for all. Validation bitches. It feels great.

    I love that Nozarashi doesn't have a tip in shikai form, it's like a straight bucher's cleaver. Made for slashing and chopping. Pure Kencpachi style there. I still hope for some kind of kido annulment or something along those lines from the blade.
    It was in a Shikai, but only in a partial one. In similar manner, Ichigo's Shikai (and his Bankai) was also only partial, until OMZ had released the rest of it (now he even has a new one ). Another case would be Yumichika that stops the release of his Shikai half way, to hide that it's true form as a kidou-type and not pure physical one. Another case would be Renji's Bankai that also was only partially released. Basically, there is a lot of other examples, so Zaraki's case isn't random, strange or rare, but something that the readers should have seen coming.



  7. #17
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It was in a Shikai, but only in a partial one. In similar manner, Ichigo's Shikai (and his Bankai) was also only partial, until OMZ had released the rest of it (now he even has a new one ). Another case would be Yumichika that stops the release of his Shikai half way, to hide that it's true form as a kidou-type and not pure physical one. Another case would be Renji's Bankai that also was only partially released. Basically, there is a lot of other examples, so Zaraki's case isn't random, strange or rare, but something that the readers should have seen coming.
    All of those cases you have stated, the shinigami knew the name of their swords. Even Yumichika called his another name on purpose to piss it off. All of those cases both the shinigami and zanpukto got stronger because of their shikai even if they were not complete. Kenpachi was completely different. Not only did he not know the name of his zanpakuto, not only did he NOT get stronger by it, they were actively opposing each other. Comparing anyone else to Kenpachi is apples and oranges. The only way his zanpkuto even resemebled being in shikai was that it looked a little different. And even that could be explained away, he would not be the only shinigami with a different hilt and guard while not in shikai.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    136
    @SquadZero
    Not only you. I remember there was a thread were this topic was wildly discussed and the only argument that was brought up from the people who claimed that it was his shikai, was that one translated page from this one databook, that wasn't even very detailed. It was like: There is also this type of Zankapkuto like Ichigo's and Kenpachi's. And that was it!

    Finally that information is proven to be wrong.

    Besides, Kenpachi's sealed Zanpakuto is not the only unique one (Hitsugaya's for example)
    Yuroichi and Kisuke said it years ago and all of us knew it. No name no shikai and this chapter finally proves it.

    Also if Kenpachi's Zanpakuto was really one of the full-time-released type, now that he awakened his "true" shikai, it never would be allowed to change back to his old form and I really can't imagine Kenpachi running around with that big edge all the time. (It would be hilarious though)

    Up until now, his sword was a plain old sealed and even damaged zanpakuto. And this is actually what made Kenpachi so awesome, because up until now, he defeated all of his oponents with that thing. Still I'm glad that we finally got see it's true form. Part of me also wants to see his bankai before the manga ends, but I can't imagine any foe that would require something like this. Not even the final one ;-)

  9. #19
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    All of those cases you have stated, the shinigami knew the name of their swords. Even Yumichika called his another name on purpose to piss it off. All of those cases both the shinigami and zanpukto got stronger because of their shikai even if they were not complete. Kenpachi was completely different. Not only did he not know the name of his zanpakuto, not only did he NOT get stronger by it, they were actively opposing each other. Comparing anyone else to Kenpachi is apples and oranges. The only way his zanpkuto even resemebled being in shikai was that it looked a little different. And even that could be explained away, he would not be the only shinigami with a different hilt and guard while not in shikai.
    Well, Renji knew only half of the name of his Bankai technically speaking and it still worked to some extend, so perhaps when Kenpachi was a kid, before shackling himself, he also managed to say half of it's name without realizing it or something along those lines.

    Regardless, the Asauchi that Zaraki picked up as a kid:
    Spoiler!

    had already transformed into this when he battled Unohana:
    Spoiler!

    You can even take Zaraki's hand while holding the hilt, as a measure and you will notice that while even the original hilt was 3 times his hand, it grew twice the length when he met Unohana (not to mention other changes). Or if you prefer, you can notice that the original hilt was more or less at the length of Kid Zaraki's forearm, while the version he wields against Unohana easily doubles his forearm. The sword is really long, it might not seem like it because Zaraki himself became huge with time.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •