Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    So it is Nozarashi and according to mangastream, it means Storm Scarred (it is strangely translated)... shouldn't it be more along the lines of "One that Scares the Storms" or "Storm Scarer", in other words a scarecrow that scares the storms away ?

scarer - an effigy in the shape of a man to frighten birds away from seeds.

So if Gremmy can bring meteors normally, then what would he have been able to do in Holy Complete Mode ? Unless he doesn't have it.

Kenpachi intends to cut down that meteor without removing his eyepatch.
    It's Storm Scarred as in it has been scarred(marked) by storms. This is in reference to it's jagged edges which indeed gives it a scarred appearance. I wonder if this is hinting at it being an electrical type elemental blade or something along those lines? That seems like it would be awfully close to a kido type effect so I doubt it. Or maybe it somehow nullifies kido type effects, that would indeed be a perfect power for a zanpakuto wielded by Kenpachi. I dunno, just spouting random ideas at this point, but that last one sounds fun for him.

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    POW still posting while high on Kishi's testicular excretions?

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    It's Storm Scarred as in it has been scarred(marked) by storms. This is in reference to it's jagged edges which indeed gives it a scarred appearance. I wonder if this is hinting at it being an electrical type elemental blade or something along those lines? That seems like it would be awfully close to a kido type effect so I doubt it. Or maybe it somehow nullifies kido type effects, that would indeed be a perfect power for a zanpakuto wielded by Kenpachi. I dunno, just spouting random ideas at this point, but that last one sounds fun for him.
    Personally I'm hoping for a Kidou based zanpakutou. Oh the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    lol the title should be Copyright Infringement Imminent a giant meteorite falling down to wipe out the enemy where have I seen that before geeez I wonder ....

Kubo copying Kishi and all is right with the world.
    Yup more or less, i've also seen meteors being summoned from other mangas... but the only difference is this is much bigger than what madara summoned... and i mean much much much bigger...... sereitei is the size of a small country to mid size country, look at how big that thing is.. its even larger than the theorize comet that wiped out the dinosaurs lol.... if kenpachi cuts that with his eyepatch on then he has the capability to cut the moon in half with his eyepatch on and without bankai......

Not that I really need to complain, because the past series of chapters has been delightful, but I'm a bit disappointed all the old major players are taking all the spot light. I really expected, after nearly all the captains got their asses kicked the first time around, not only would they step up but we'd see more of the Lieutenants, especially those capable of Bankai, step up and establish themselves to a much higher level. Sure Rukia and Renji both had solo fights displaying their new skills and bankais, but you could argue they've been central characters/major fighters as much as any Byakuya or Kenpachi. While their and everyone who's fought, old focus or new, I hope Kubo establishes more of the lesser characters before this arc is over. Otherwise this might as well be Aizen Arc 2.0.

Well he isn't a special war potential for no reason, and if even Yamamoto didn't want to teach him the way to kill/cut/whatever then its just more testament to his power, Yamamoto could burn all of seireitei with just having his bankai unleashed not even attacking, so if this guy was worried what teaching Kenpachi something powerful would do then its only fair he could cut a meteor in half. I want to know if he was this strong when he killed Unohana, or did he just achieve it with her and now is gonna unleash all his power on this guy? If he was this strong when he was fighting Unohana then damn she really was a monster to be on par with him up till then, and that room they were in must have been some kind of space/time deal in order to contain his power and attacks
    A pie in the sky?

Thread Killer
    IMO this should be no problem for Kenpachi. He knows it. Otherwise he would have popped his eyepatch immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Well he isn't a special war potential for no reason, and if even Yamamoto didn't want to teach him the way to kill/cut/whatever then its just more testament to his power, Yamamoto could burn all of seireitei with just having his bankai unleashed not even attacking, so if this guy was worried what teaching Kenpachi something powerful would do then its only fair he could cut a meteor in half. I want to know if he was this strong when he killed Unohana, or did he just achieve it with her and now is gonna unleash all his power on this guy? If he was this strong when he was fighting Unohana then damn she really was a monster to be on par with him up till then, and that room they were in must have been some kind of space/time deal in order to contain his power and attacks
    Technically speaking, Unohana even had fallen short before the kid Zaraki (seemingly he was so menacing that she didn't even had the time to throw swords or to use her Bankai), so now that he is an adult, he seemingly cut her down with only one slash-pierce from his sword (of course we are talking about the current Kenpachi without his eyepatch, but before obtaining his sword's name).

Does this mean that Unohana was weak ? No, on the contrary, basing on the amount of times that she had to near-kill him, Kenpachi should be way stronger now. Taking into consideration that Zaraki was only at Captain level when first fighting Ichigo and that after it, he regained enough power to take on 2 Captains, as well as that after fighting Noitora they had to heavily upgrade his eyepatch, he might have really become stronger than Yamamoto.

Another thing to take into consideration, is that Unohana might have still been too weak to fully awaken Zaraki. While she was able to remove most of his chains, it's possible that some still remain and thus only against an impossibly powerful foe we might see his true might.

I was thinking this whole time that this all had to be some kind of illusion or a imagination of Zaraki by Yachiru or Gemmy since the other Shinigami couldn't understand why they couldn't sense his reiatsu till he was there, it was like he just suddenly appeared there in the fight with Gemmy, but now Zaraki is calling out his zanpakutou's name and none of the Quincy would know this information since he didn't leave to train with Unohana till after the first invasion and only appeared now in the second invasion, so this has to be the real deal? Or maybe his Zanpakutou lets him hide his reiatsu or teleports? No way someone as immensly powerful as Zaraki could hide his pressure from others, even Ichigo's HS friends could sense Aizen and they have little to no spiritual powers themselves
    A pie in the sky?