• Typical and Predictable..sigh....

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Naruto Chapter 671 Discussion/ 672 Predictions

The chapter is now out.

Mangapanda Version: http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/671

Manga Stream Version: http://readms.com/r/naruto/671/2319/1

Another fine chapter indeed. I really like Ninjutsu, but the more I learn about Kaguya, the more I begin to dislike it lol.

It looks Like PaulBee and a few other were right. It looks like instead of Naruto becoming the next Sage of the Six paths, both Naruto and Sasuke will be some become a sort of joint Sage and bring peace to the world together. I personally figured this would happen either way, but Naruto would be the Juubi Jinchuriki (When the 9 beasts came together as one entity again like the prophecy states) and Sasuke would end up with the Rinnegan and help the world in his own way.

It would seem the Byakugan was not originally a mutation, but its own separate Dojutsu, as well as the sharingan. Though the eye of Kaguya and the finalized Juubi appear to be a fusion or completion/perfection of the 3. Since I'm sure Indra's ancestor's bore the sharingan, it looks like someone's sharingan did mutate into the seemingly lost Byakugan Dojutsu somewhere along the line.

I doubt Hagoromo's words would have proven true, but he is right in saying that he should have at least tried to seek council with Indra's ancestors as opposed to favoring Ashura's. After all, they say it's a reincarnation cycle, but just like in The Avatar: The Last Air Bender, that new reincarnation is their own person and does not think and act in the same manner, so Indra's ancestors may not have been totally in sync with their predecessors flawed agendas. Even though Naruto is the Child of Prophecy, Sasuke is still a unique soul, as Itachi pointed out at one time. If Sasuke had been kept in the the grim phosphorescence the Uchiha called the "light" instead of being poked in the forehead and being kept in the dark from their schemes, he just may have prevented that horrible tragedy.

We see that it is indeed The Sage who speaks with Sasuke, and not his mysterious brother. This worries me a little because Naruto and Sasuke learning more about him is losing relevancy from their perspective. They have learned about the ancient past, and have now received the power of the Six Pathways, so they're ready to hit the battlefield and bring peace to the ninja world. I really hope his brother comes to the light someday. Perhaps he went astray like his mother and became The Reaper/Shinigami, but it could just as easily be his mother or someone different altogether (For what it's worth, it looks male lol). I don't know, but I feel he could have have had a vital role to play in their world's history.

Exciting things are on the horizon, but for now, It's time for Guy to show Madara the true power of youth.
    Last edited by janfeae; 04-02-2014 at 09:17 AM.

I have never cursed before on this forum, but this chapter is F*****G AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    "RESPECT"

I agree, I'm at a lack of words. Also, I'm starting to think more and more that the sage's mother is actually the dead deamon. And that the sage's brother is the origin of the byakugan as we know it.

Well well well. It appears that Naruto does have another set of Bijuu. It looks like PaulBee was right after all. Good for him. I honestly didn't think it would happen this way.

I am not sure that I am happy about this turn of events, it feels a little too straight forward for my taste but it could be worse. I did like a lot of things about this chapter as it answered a lot of series long questions, although in a bit of a strange way. The whole thing with Kaguya's eyes was interesting although it still has me a bit confused. I always wondered where the Byakugan fit in and was always a bit confused about why its powers were so different. This explanation shows the origins of the Byakugan but also leaves me wondering what the power on Kaguya's sharingan really was? It looks like the Juubi eye so I wonder exactly what it could do that is different than the Mangekyou. Also I wonder if Kaguya could use the powers of the Rinnegan aswell since her sharingan is clearly special. This also gives some hints about what clans may have descended from Kaguya's other son. Obviously the Hyuuga are descendants of Kaguya in some form.

I was also a bit confused about the issue with the God Tree's fruit, it seems odd to me that the fruit is supposedly the thing that will end the world. Based on what Hagoromo said, it sounds like the Eternal Tsukuyomi's main purpose is to create another Fruit? Kind of strange, the idea that the Fruit is something dangerous never really occurred to me, although I guess it could fit in with the whole Garden of Eden parallel in a general way.

This chapter really had me thinking about Orochimaru and how he fits into all this, I think that we may finally have gotten a really big hint as to why Orochimaru doesn't seem that interested in Madara's power or the Eternal Tsukuyomi. I think Orochimaru sees what Madara doesn't I think he is ultimately after the fruit. I think he also knows something about the Sage's brother, or at least I think he knows that there is more to the bloodline than Madara suspects.

I am still wondering how Hashirama got the Mokuton, that is still a big mystery considering Hashirama actually seemed like an overpowered genius early in life. That just doesn't seem to line up with him being the reincarnation of Ashura. Hashirama's story seem incomplete.

Still there are a lot of big questions though, I am very curious to see how this all plays out.

I liked that the prophecy was predicted by a toad - Gama Maru. Thats kinda cool. The powers they receive should be interesting. I wonder if Sasuke gave the same answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Okay, so Eternal Tsukuyomi is the Matrix? Hahaha, wow, I should have made that connection earlier. Oh and hey, Sasuke's Left handed, should have noticed that before as well.

And While we have yet to see if the Rabbit Goddess was the source of the Bone Kekkei Genkai, It seems she was the source of the Byakugan. Awesome.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

This is the first time I remember preferring the mangapanda translation

If the sage, and his two sons came back in some way what's stopping his mother and brother who were more powerful/just as powerful from doing the same? The color page with the reddish hair is pushing Uzumaki as the closest to the sage rather than the senju as well.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    This chapter was all nice and dandy, pretty awesome actually, but it made me realize that an integral theme of the entire manga was forgotten. Naruto used to be the complete underdog who had zero talent, zero skill, only Kyuubi and his determination. Reading about his hardships when he was slowly getting better and better was the best and most insiprational part of the manga.

However, nothing is the same anymore. First we found out that Uzumaki chakra is special. Then we found out that Naruto is literally destined for greatnes, and the latest news is that he was Ashura's reincarnage all along. If you guys still remember the fight Naruto vs Neji, Naruto emphatically wins that fight proclaiming that our destiny is not written in stone. What a massive contradiction that is now if you look at the prophecy and the fact that Naruto possesed one of the biggest power-ups (Ashura reincarnation + Uzumaki chakra) from the start.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Naruto never was an underdog. He was just "in the making". It was just a matter of time when he would reach these heights. Offcourse we, the readers, allways knew he would come this far but earlier on we did not know that it would be because he had all these power-ups from the get-go. We thought that he would have to really sweat blood and tears to get there. In small part he may have done that, but everything great about him came mostly from his inherited "gifts". For example, I used to think that Naruto has strong chakra because he was training and pushing himself so hard. Wrong, its all because of his Uzumaki bloodline.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    This chapter was all nice and dandy, pretty awesome actually, but it made me realize that an integral theme of the entire manga was forgotten. Naruto used to be the complete underdog who had zero talent, zero skill, only Kyuubi and his determination. Reading about his hardships when he was slowly getting better and better was the best and most insiprational part of the manga.

However, nothing is the same anymore. First we found out that Uzumaki chakra is special. Then we found out that Naruto is literally destined for greatnes, and the latest news is that he was Ashura's reincarnage all along. If you guys still remember the fight Naruto vs Neji, Naruto emphatically wins that fight proclaiming that our destiny is not written in stone. What a massive contradiction that is now if you look at the prophecy and the fact that Naruto possesed one of the biggest power-ups (Ashura reincarnation + Uzumaki chakra) from the start.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Naruto never was an underdog. He was just "in the making". It was just a matter of time when he would reach these heights. Offcourse we, the readers, allways knew he would come this far but earlier on we did not know that it would be because he had all these power-ups from the get-go. We thought that he would have to really sweat blood and tears to get there. In small part he may have done that, but everything great about him came mostly from his inherited "gifts". For example, I used to think that Naruto has strong chakra because he was training and pushing himself so hard. Wrong, its all because of his Uzumaki bloodline.
    Hi Maximo,

You know, Naruto was not neccessarily destined for greatness, however, The SO6P and The Toad seer who had precognition had seen his success.

Maximo, Naruto's being Ashura's heir/incarnation was in fact an impediment. Do you recall when they were Genins and Narut could not produce a Bunshin even when all his classmates could? This is because of his similarities to Ashura, but it was never a certainty that he would succeed. As the SO6P tells it, there were Many Many Iterations of Ashura's incarnation, and I am willing to bet that besides Hashirama and Naruto, most of them died as complete failures. I think that there was every chance that Naruto too would have been a complete failure if it hadn't been for Iruka. and later on Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Pa Toad. What I think Kishi is saying is that Naruto had every chance to fail along the way, and other past versions of Ashura did indeed fail.

There are THREE Characteristics/Factors to Naruto that have Narrowly Kept him from failing:

1) His Senseis really cared for him..Iruka/Kakashi/Jiraiya

2) His own Unique Love/Talk no Jutsu/ I Feel your Pain/ Eccentricness (Leftmost Top Panel Pictue):

Spoiler!

3) Naruto's Unique ability to Make Friends (leftmost Middle Panel):

Spoiler!

Naruto was not the first Incarnation of Ashura, but by his own uniqueness, he Loved Sasuke like a brother and he cared for the Tailed beasts to where they too wanted to help him. If he had not converted Obito, none of this would have happened.

@Pratesh,

There were two prophesies. The SO6P's, and The Great Toad Sages. The Great Tod Sages prophesy was ultimately about Naruto, but the parallels between Nagato and Naruto, both being Jiraiya's disciples (and perhaps also, the prescence of the Rinnegan with Nagato), confused the matter and made it seem that the prophesy could be about either. The great Toad Sage is partly senile anyway, and probably confused himself also.

Last 2 Pages:

It would seem that the SO6P was having a similar conversation with Sasuke as he recovers too. I am Intrigued by the Image at the end of the chapter

Spoiler!

Is this the appearance of the SO6P when he was young (minus the swirls), or is this some symbolic Eastern Deity?

Beginning Color Page:

Spoiler!

We have seen this image before, I think it was when Itachi and Sharkface went to recruit Deidara for Akatsuki. Actually, NOT. They are similar but not the same.
    Last edited by paulbee; 04-02-2014 at 04:05 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !