Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One Piece 742 Discussion/ 743 Predictions

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/742

Um.... Well that takes care of that, Way to go Usopp.

Lol it turned out to be more effective giving it to Ussop, not only did he scare the crap out of Sugar but he also scared the crap out of the dwarves lol

Ussop's face kind of reminds me of Uzumaki. Yeah, defiantly scary enough, especially if not expected. Still, kind of a silly way to do it.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

I really enjoyed this chapter. Not just because of the conclusion but also because of the way Oda built up to it. He concluded Kyros' back story and crossed back to the present showing the desperate situation of everyone in Dressrosa who stands against Doflamingo before showing us Usopp pulling a homer. It was great to have Sugar and Trebol's over confidence backfire so humorously. I can't wait to see what will happen now that Sugar has been knocked out, I wanna see the shit hit the fan for poor old doffy so that ridiculous grin of his can be wiped off.

Nice! Can't wait to see what happens next. Would be awesome if all toys revert to their normal self next week

Damn, only Usopp could triumph like this haha.

Few quick notes:

--Kyros' backstory is beyond cruel...so much so that I his bid for next SH (assuming there is one this arc) went up substantially. Absolutely tragic.
    --Alas, I'm a bit disappointed we weren't able to see some more of both Usopp and Franky's fights. What's more, I'm rather disappointed neither of them had a better showing. Don't get me wrong, Usopp facing a presumably Logia DF user Executive Officer such as Trebol and a toy-factory child in Sugar, and Franky facing not only two of the Donflamingo Family's previously unbeaten Officers, Senor Pink and Machvise, and their underlings, as well as an entire squad of Marines headed by VC Bastille didn't show well in their favor. However, I think most of us would have had our disappointment tempered with the two's post-timeskip showing of power had Oda at least shown us a bit more of their skills in battle instead of simply presenting them in all their badassery before reintroducing them in debilitating defeat.....
    --Hopefully both Franky and Usopp, the former especially, return to glory after Sugar passes out and Dressrosa is turned to chaos. I'd like to see Franky take out someone!!!
    --It appears as if the SHs shall earn not only their first (second if we count FI?) official territory in the NW after this arc, but also add unbelievable allies to their name. Cavendish revoking his head hunting claim, Hajrudin tossing his pride and arrogance for servitude, Dagama...well I suppose Dagama is still himself....
    --Hope Oda isn't trolling us with Sugar passing out.....
    --Curious to see if the crew's bounties after this arc. I still fully believe an arc like this unequivocally demands a bounty increase. For what they've done so far in the NW, this is by far the most substantial and if we're using xiaoxiao's GL-NW parallelism theory, in this case Alabasta-Dressrosa, this should be the first bounty increase point for the crew. I don't even believe it's necessary for the WG to have seen what Sanji and gang did or even if they were involved. Of course the members in Dressrosa will certainly earn a bit larger bounty increase because of their accomplishments, but a crew wide increase in bounties wouldn't be out of the question in my mind, even if half of it didn't directly involve themselves in the salvation of Dressrosa. Also, I would love to see Brannew at HQ talking about the crew's new bounties and what they did to earn them and have him mention that Sanji and crew were seen by a nearby Marine ship going toe to toe with Big Mom's ship, even possibly taking the ship (which I believe is a DF user) out. Even if Oda didn't show the amounts and trolled us until the next arc, I'd be happy to know they all at least got updated posters and bounties.

One thing I'd like to mention is.. Who the hell took Franky out? I was convinced he could hold his own against his opponents.

You Become Someone, By Doing Something.

Just.. Epic.
    Spoiler!

He scared the crap out of me!! lol. Well as expected Usopp would knock Sugar out albeit on his (and only his) own way. So Cavendish and the rest would serve as back up for Usopp.

Don't give up on Franky just yet. He's probably holding back until the operation succeeds. I'm guessing that he's worried that if he gets loose, there's a chance that the operation which is just below them might get interrupted specially as his enemy would fire back.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    He scared the crap out of me!! lol. Well as expected Usopp would knock Sugar out albeit on his (and only his) own way. So Cavendish and the rest would serve as back up for Usopp.

Don't give up on Franky just yet. He's probably holding back until the operation succeeds. I'm guessing that he's worried that if he gets loose, there's a chance that the operation which is just below them might get interrupted specially as his enemy would fire back.
    As much as I'd like to believe in this theory, I'd say it's pretty definitive Franky lost Round 1. While he undoubtedly put up a great fight (which I would have loved to see!), the tag-team combination of Senor Pink and Machvise AND Bastille was simply too much for Franky to handle on his own at this point. Sad, but true. Now I do fully believe once Usopp succeeds (if he hasn't already), Franky will realize Usopp fulfilled his role and that he, Franky, isn't about to let his crew members down, thus standing again to fight and ultimately kick ass in the Second and Final Round--the only one that counts.

One Piece

Come on Franky, I know thats not enough to take out the Tank. WTF was Usopp when he ate the Tabasco thing haha. Damn Kyros Lost a Leg facing Doflamingo, sucks he lost his wife. Diamante going to get his ass kicked by Kyros in the near future. And Burgess still doing the elbow attack even after Sabo broke the machina?