Questions to be answered before Naruto ends

Since Naruto is in its final year, I thought it would be interesting to talk about what questions people have that they feel really need to be answered before the series ends. One of my favorite parts about Naruto is all of the mysteries. We have been getting a lot of answers lately but there are still a lot of very major questions that need to be answered so I would like to list some of the questions that I want to see answered, see what questions other people have and discuss them here.

1. What is the purpose of the God Tree?
    2. What was the God Tree’s fruit really for and why did the God Tree become the Juubi when its fruit was taken?
    3. What are Madara’s other Mangekyou Techniques?
    4. What is the purpose of the Sharingan stash?
    5. How did Madara survive his battle with Hashirama?
    6. Why did Orochimaru take Sasuke to the Uchiha Hideout?
    7. Why did Orochimaru really attack the Leaf Village?
    8. What is Orochimaru’s real plan, how much does he really know about the bloodlines and how does he intend to use them in a way that even Madara hasn’t?
    9. How was the Wirlpool village destroyed, why was it destroyed and by who?
    10. What is the Uzumaki clan’s connection to the Sage of Six Path’s?
    11. Why was Obito so obsessed with obtaining Sasuke? What does Sasuke have that makes him so special?
    12. What was the eye technique of the Elder Son, how is it different from the Rinnegan and Sharingan?
    13. Why are all the Mangekyou different and what is the significance of their differences?
    14. How did Madara use Susanoo without eyes?
    15. Why is Susanoo considered a special technique and can any Uchiha with both Mangekyou eyes use some form of Susanoo?
    16. Are the Sword of Tetsuka and the Yata Mirror just a part of Susanoo or are they separate magical items. If they are in fact separate where did Itachi get them?
    17. What were the powers of the Younger Son?
    18. How did Hashirama get the Mokuton and why was he the only Senju who could use it?
    19. What do the Sage animals know about God Tree and how do they know so much? What is the origin of the Sage animals?
    20. Where and when did Sasuke get the Hawk he summons?
    21. Who is in the Spiral Zetsu, and how is he able to use all of the Elements? Also, how is he able to use the Thousand Hand Statue, a technique that even Hashirama in his prime only seemed to be able to use with Sage mode?
    22. What is the role of Sage mode in the grand scheme of things? Did the Sage of Six Path’s create Sage mode or was it the Sage animals? What is the significance of the different types of Sage mode?
    23. Why does Naruto’s Bijuu Cloak resemble the Sage of Six Path’s and why does it turn the Zetsu clones into plants?
    24. What was the Sage talking about when he said that the Bijuu will be united again with different names in different forms and what was the true meaning of power he talked about?

Also:
    - DNA Sword (Paul keeps asking about it ),
    - Itachi's Girlfriend (they could at least show how she looked like ),
    - So6p's Girlfriend (unless he really just wished the two babies to appear before him...),
    - Naruto's Girlfiend (which who will he really end up with :p ?),
    - the Pure Realm (just how exactly does that dimension looks like ?),
    - So6p's face (it's always purposefully off-paneled or darked-out),
    - Kakashi's face (this is being hyped even more than So6p's or Tobi's ),
    - the powers of So6p's Mother,
    - the powers of Izuna's MS (the only one, beside OS's eyes that we know nothing about),
    - the powers of the White Fang (he was mentioned to be on the same level as the 3 Senin, so it should be interesting to witness)
    - how and why was a normal human able to steal the fruit from the God-like Creature ?
    - Juugo's Clan (just how did they adapt their bodies to be capable of using NE inherently ?),
    - the number of Sage Modes (well it is more or less equal to the number of different talking animals),
    - other .

Also, since I'm here anyway, I will mention something about some of the question in the first post:
    Spoiler!

Where did Minato learn the 2nd Hokages Jutsus.
    How did Harashima die.

Meh, most of these questions fall into the category of unnecessary world building.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Also:
    - DNA Sword (Paul keeps asking about it ),
    I am quite interested in that as well. Obito made the sword sound like it had very special powers but when he used it, it just seemed like a big weapon.

- Itachi's Girlfriend (they could at least show how she looked like ),
    It was kind of random for Tobi to mention that Itachi had a lover and then for it never to be addressed again. I think it might have just been a way of showing even more how Itachi had to sacrifice ever aspect of his life. I find it strange that Itachi even had a lover at the age of 13 especially considering his other responsibilities. So far none of the young characters in Naruto have had significant relationships with the opposite sex and they are all over 16. So for Itachi, someone his own father acknowledged to be a loner, to have a lover when he was barely past puberty seems like a stretch. I had always hoped that there would be a good flashback that went into more details about exactly what Itachi did but I am beginning to think we will never get it.

- So6p's Girlfriend (unless he really just wished the two babies to appear before him...),
    I kind of thought it would be cool if her family had been Sages (or at least people who believed in living in harmony with nature) and they were partially responsible for helping Hagoromo understand and master his powers. After all it was Kaguya who ate the fruit but she didn't seem to have all the powers that her son had. I think Hagoromo had to master the skills overtime. It is also interesting that Hagoromo seemed to be a peaceful person but Kaguya seemed to be more war oriented. It would be interesting to me if Hagoromo learned his harmonious ways from an outside source.

- Naruto's Girlfiend (which who will he really end up with :p ?),
    I think its pretty much guarenteed at this point that if Naruto survives he will end up with Hinata. I don't think Naruto sees Sakura that way anymore. When she confessed her love to him he basically called her a liar and I think she knows deep down that she doesn't love him either. I think that Sakura believed that she should love Naruto because he has been a good man were as Sasuke has basically treated her like dirt. Its obvious that Sakura still loves Sasuke though and I don't think Naruto would accept her knowing that. Hinata and Naruto have clearly grown closer during this war, I think that Naruto now sees Hinata as more girlfriend material. Assuming they both survive I don't think its very likely that he would reject her.

I hope that in the end we get a flash forward and get to see what the world is like, what roles the characters have, who has gotten together and what their kids are like. It would be funny if Naruto ended up with Ino or something, but that would be random I don't see any possibilities besides Sakura or Hinata and Sakura seems much less likely now.

- the Pure Realm (just how exactly does that dimension looks like ?),
    I think the Pure Realm is metaphysical, none of the characters who have been brought back seem to have any memory of it. I don't think it is possible to perceive it with normal senses so I don't think we will get to see it.

- So6p's face (it's always purposefully off-paneled or darked-out),
    I am a bit curious, I suspect we will get a look before the end. It is odd that we got to see what his sons looked like but never him. I am wondering if there is something important about his appearance. Normally when kishimoto covers a characters face it is to hide something about their identity. His sons just looked like totally average guys except for the Elder Son's eyes.

- Kakashi's face (this is being hyped even more than So6p's or Tobi's ),
    It will probably be shown in a movie. I really don't care to see it honestly, I mean how strange could it possible be, the lower half of most of the characters faces look nearly the same. Anything Kishimoto decides to show will either be normal or if its really weird it would just be a joke. I can't see his appearance really being significant at this point.

- the powers of So6p's Mother,
    I am curious about that as well. I suspect that she didn't have the Rinnegan, the Rinnegan seems to have been something specific to the Sage. My guess is that she had immense chakra and life force but I doubt she had much in the way of complex techniques. After all the Sage was given the credit for creating Ninjutsu even though Kaguya was the first to use chakra. Kaguya probably just had raw power.

- the powers of Izuna's MS (the only one, beside OS's eyes that we know nothing about),
    Yeah I consider that a part of the question about what are the differences between each Mangekyou and why are they different. It's strange that all of the Mangekyou are different and yet the fully evolved Mangekyou is the Rinnegan. Also, Nagato wasn't able to use any Sharingan techniques. There is still some part of that puzzle missing. I suspect that is partly why Kishimoto hasn't revealed Madara's other Mangekyou techniques. I think there is still some major significance to the Mangekyou that has yet to be revealed. It was also odd how Madara specifically mentioned Sasuke's type of Mangekyou. The different types must play a role.

- the powers of the White Fang (he was mentioned to be on the same level as the 3 Senin, so it should be interesting to witness)
    I suspect we won't see them, unless it is revealed in a data book or a movie. The White Fang just hasn't been a big enough part of the story. I think we can assume from Kakashi that he was fast and could use multiple elements. Those are traits that Kakashi didn't get from the sharingan.

- how and why was a normal human able to steal the fruit from the God-like Creature ?
    Well the God Tree was peaceful before the fruit was taken. Someone probably just had to climb the tree to get the fruit. Which was probably quite difficult before humans could use chakra. I am more curious about how Kaguya even knew that the fruit would give her power.

- Juugo's Clan (just how did they adapt their bodies to be capable of using NE inherently ?),
    My theory is that they are the descendants of someone who was a master sage. We have already seen how constant contact with a certain power can make it inherent. The Jinnchuurki often seem to inherit bloodline like powers from their Bijuu. It is also interesting that Sasuke is able to surpress Juugo's power with the Sharingan similar to how he could suppress the Kyuubi's power. I suspect it is more than just genjutsu.

A lot of the bloodlines haven't been explained. I think that a lot of them were formed from the descendants of the Sage breading with other people. We have only been told that the Senju are from the Younger Son and the Uchiha are from the Elder but obviously their powers got weaker overtime. Not all of the Uchiha could use the sharingan and many never mastered it. In the case of the Senju only Hashirama could use the Mokuton. I think that is the result of generations of breading. The Uchiha remained mostly pure but even they probably spread a bit. I suspect that the Senju bred with many other clans and that likely affected their development. Over time some of these mixed breads from Senju and Uchiha probably also bred with each other creating entirely knew clans. For example, the Hyuuga clan. I think it is interesting that the Hyuuga have eyes that are in someways even better than the sharingan but they also have very powerful bodies. I suspect that the Hyuuga clan is descended from people who were part Uchiha and part Senju. That is why they have certain advantages that neither the Uchiha or the Senju have.

It is also interesting that Kabuto said that he was the person closest to the Sage of Six Path's. I think that is because he collected so many different bloodlines. Even the best of the Senju and the best of the Uchiha are not as pure of blood as the Younger and Elder Sons. The bloodlines were diluted and broken over generations of breading. Only by collecting all the pieces can someone really recreate the perfect bloodline. I think that is what Orochimaru understands and I think that is his plan. Madara still doesn't have the perfect bloodline. Orochimaru spent his entire life tracking down and studying all the bloodlines and finding out how to mix them properly. Madara couldn't even use the Mokuton until Kabuto attached a Hashirama face to his body.

4. What is the purpose of the Sharingan stash?
    A. Implied Izanagi spam.
    That seems like an overkill considering he has only ever been shown using Izanagi once and against 90% of opponents he doesn't need it. Obito only needed to use Izanagi because Konan had studied his time space technique and was able to counter it. For Obito to collect at least a hundred Sharingan's for Izanagi alone doesn't make much sense to me.

Just as the Zetsu's has a major part in Madara's plan I suspect that the sharingan stash is intended for more than just Izanagi. Especially for someone like Madara, Izanagi doesn't make that much sense since he always intended to get back his Rinnegan as soon as possible. I could see him using a few of the Izanagi to help him get it back but that couldn't take long judging by his display of power. I think there has to be more to it.

9. the Wirlpool village, why was it destroyed?
    A. The reason mentioned was fear of their powerful Sealing Jutsu. Probably other as well, like obtaining their jutsu (especially the proper Jinchuriki Seal left by So6p), land etc.
    Yes, but that is a very general answer, that would be like saying the Uchiha clan was destroyed because they were feared for their power and leaving it at that. Just like the Uchiha clan, the Whirlpool and Uzumaki clan are a very big part of the plot, I think there needs to be more explanation for specifically why they were destroyed.

10. What is the Uzumaki clan’s connection to the Sage of Six Path’s?
    A. Mentioned to be cousins of Senju, also semi-confirmed to be the ones tasked with safeguarding the proper Jinchuriki Seal for the promised time (So6p's prophecy), since Kyubi recognized Naruto's Uzumaki Jinchuriki Seal as So6p's jutsu.
    Again, that's a very vague answer. We have been told that the Senju were the true descendants of Younger Son but to me it seems like the Uzumaki have more in common with him. They lived extremely long, had massive chakra, and could heal. They also seemed to have more knowledge about the Sage than anyone and are well suited hosts for the Rinnegan. That isn't explained by them merely being cousins of the Senju. Clearly they had a very important role, and I think that needs to be explained more. Especially when you consider that the main character of the series is an Uzumaki.

11. What does Sasuke have that makes him so special?
    A. Possessing the potential surpassing that of the average (or even talented) Uchiha, as well as only the second known person to obtain the EMS (the circumstances to obtain EMS are specific and hard to come by anyway, so him having the chance of obtaining it was already special).
    That doesn't explain why Obito wanted him. Obito said that Sasuke was his most important goal, yet Obito didn't really use Sasuke much at all. He even said that he only cared about Naruto because he believed he could use Naruto to provoke Sasuke. Yet despite saying that Obito hasn't done anything with Sasuke since the war started.

19. What do the Sage animals know about God Tree and how do they know so much? What is the origin of the Sage animals?
    A. Seeing as they weren't even able to perceive or know the Bijuu properly for what they are, they probably don't know much (at least they seem to know less that Obito or Madara).
    Well Ketsuyu at least seemed to know something about the God Tree when Tsunade and the Kage's were approaching it. They may not know as much as Madara but the Sage animals are clearly very old. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't know a lot about the Sage and Juubi since it has played such a major part in history. Hashirama himself clearly learned Sage mode from somewhere.

20. Where and when did Sasuke get the Hawk he summons?
    A. Heavily implied, at the cliff when crying for his brother, he made the contract through eye contact (that's Sharingan for you ). It's just a normal hawk, but when Sasuke summons it, he uses the size multiplying function of the Summoning Jutsu.
    That doesn't have a precedent anywhere else in the series. It seems totally random.

23. Why does Naruto’s Bijuu Cloak resemble the Sage of Six Path’s and why does it turn the Zetsu clones into plants?
    A. Well, it is So6p's jutsu and Naruto does posses (similar body to) the Sage's body. The life energy emanating from it disrupts/affects the Mokuton Cells in the Zetsu's body, just like it did with Yamato's Woo Jutsu.
    [/spoiler]
    Yes, but it seems like the cloak is specifically a part of mastering the Kyuubi's chakra, no other Jinnchuuriki has that sort of Bijuu cloak. It seems like that cloak was designed for a specific purpose. I think it is interesting that the cloak turns the Zetsu's back into trees. In some ways the Juubi itself is a bit like that, it was once a big tree but then it became a monster. Perhaps the cloak was meant to to somehow change the Juubi back into a tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    Where did Minato learn the 2nd Hokages Jutsus.
    How did Harashima die.
    Well Orochimaru was able to learn a lot of techniques by studying scrolls, I suppose that Minato could have done something similar. Naruto also learned the Shadow clone technique from a scroll. Also, remember that Kakashi learned Rasengan from Minato but he was never able to master it so he made a technique that fit his style better. The Third Hokage was said to know all the Jutsu in Konoha. It is possible that Minato learn the concept of the technique from him but then he mastered it on his own and eventually improved upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Meh, most of these questions fall into the category of unnecessary world building.
    Really? So you don't care to know how Madara survived his battle with Hashirama or why the God Tree went berserk, or what purpose it actually serves in the world? What about why the Whirlpool village was destroyed, or why Obito wanted Sasuke so bad which is something that has been a massive part of the story?

Obito going after Sasuke has been a huge part of the plot. Obito even said that Sasuke was the most important thing. Yet so far Obito has hardly used Sasuke for anything, he basically helped him get the Eternal Mangekyou and then just ignored him completely after that. If that isn't explained its bad writing.

Orochimaru's goals have also been a major part of the plot that have been developing from almost the beginning of the series, not to have that explained would make his role in the story almost irrelevant. Why bother to have Sasuke raise the question about why Orochimaru really attacked the village if it is never going to be answered?

How Madara survived is important because without an answer it makes his survival seem stupid and a deus ex machina. Why bother to make a point of him surviving in a mysterious way if it is never going to be explained?

If answers to these questions are unnecessary to you, what are things that you consider to be important in the series?

I guess if people are satisfied with an ending like the TV show Lost, then having satisfying answers to mysteries are unnecessary but personally, satisfying answers are a big part of what makes a good story. Anyone can come up with a lot of random mysteries but having satisfying logical answers to those questions is largely what makes a story worthwhile.

Personally, I consider it manipulative and lazy when a writer doesn't answer obvious questions about their story. I think one of the reasons people keep reading stories is to find answers about the characters, the world and the major events of the series. The God Tree isn't just an unnecessary detail, it is a huge part of the plot. The bijuu wouldn't exist if the God Tree hadn't become the Juubi, the bloodlines wouldn't even exist if the Sage's Mother hadn't eaten the fruit but we don't even know what the fruit was actually for. The same goes for the Whirlpool village, it isn't just a random part of the history of the world it is integral to the plot and many of the major characters and their abilities. It would be like if the Uchiha village and the sharingan were never explained.