• Not too shabby

2 20.00%
  • Meh...

1 10.00%
  • GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!!

1 10.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    @ Artifice
    I have to respectfully disagree with the theory that Naruto will return the Bijuu into the shinju. One problem I have with this is that Naruto would have to give up the kyuubi with in him, even if he keeps half the kyuubi inside him the shinju will try and steal it (back) from him like when Obito brought out the shinju. So even if Naruto decided to sacrifice his life and pass on becoming hokage I fail to see how that will help him fulfil his destiny of creating peace through helping people to understand one another. My understanding is that Naruto's destiny is to succeed where So6P failed, the sage's religion had people bond to his spirit which is similar to the chakra bonding when Naruto was able to share kyuubi chakra. My hope is that Naruto at kage level could refine this further and do what the sage couldn't.

Also to go kinda off what Paul said the tailed beast aren't called by there proper names to begin with, I feel like the translation was meant as you will be called your proper name and not by how many tails you have. As we seen the tailed beast were one again and then taken back out into the same beast again.

The chapter probably comes out tomorrow, so I'll take one last opportunity to say a few words.

Guy sensei, it has been nice Knowing you. You were really a special kind of Leaf Ninja, with your Kooky Rules, and Funky Smile. All the time I had known of you, I had always thought you were a Strange Bird. Yes you were strong, but Strange none-the-less, But now It all makes sense Gai Sensei.

How many of your Konoha Compatriots knew the truth about you? How many knew about your father. Did Kakashi? Did they know of the bond between Dai and you. Did they know how his strange but honourable teaching formed you? Had they all heard how he died a hero's death for the sake of what he held most dear..You?

Gai Sensei we will miss you, but we will also salute you, knowing that a battle against Madara was a losing proposition, a battle against Madara in SO6P mode was even more so. However, we will salute and honour the bravery and trueness of heart of the Ninja known as Might Gai, who for the sake of his comrades gave all he had.

So Long Might Gai.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Well said Paulbee.

Gai's sacrifice is indeed honourable. It seems to me he will buy enough time for Naruto and Sasuke to cheat death and step up to the plate. Had he not, Kakashi and Gaara would have had to hold the fort against Madara and They would have been big losses for the leaf and sand had they died at Madara's hands. I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that the everybody that isn't Madara faction of the Naruto-verse needs Kakashi to avoid dying. Not just because he's a good fighter but also because of Obito's eye that he can use to hop between dimensions with ease thanks to Naruto's ability to share chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @artifice.

Lets look at the Mangastream version :
    Spoiler!

PLEASE LOOK AT THE TWO PAGES ABOVE

Transcribing, it says:

(1) You will always be together even if you are separated, (2) and one day you will all become one, with different names---in different forms than you exist now, (3) And unlike when you were within me you will be led down the right path, (4) When the time comes for you to know what true power is.

Analysis:

1) You will always be together even if you are separated... probably Reference to Bijuu telepathy

2) And one day you will all become one, with different names---in different forms than you exist now... probably More United, but individuals, having been given different names and different forms (plural)
    3) And unlike when you were within me you will be led down the right path...probably to be led by Naruto

4) When the time comes for you to know what true power is... probably Naruto will elucidate true power (probably something like firiendship, and unity) to the beasts.

Conclusion:

SO6P wasn't predicting the annihilation of their personalities. He was saying They will change, They will have new names, and they will be led by someone new, who will show them the meaning of true power.

ALSO:

The current problems in The Naruto Universe predate the existence of Chakra. This is precisely Madara's point.

Madara is saying that Mankind's receiving chakra did not change anything or stop wars. Mankind simply corrupted the purpose of chakra and used it to further pursue their warlike ways.

War and problems had always existed even before the tree's fruit was stolen or its chakra distributed.
    The problem of war has always existed, but the God Tree turning into the Juubi is really at the heart of the major conflicts of the story so far. As I mentioned, I'm not sure of the details but I suspect that the God Tree plays an important role in the world that has yet to be explained. One of the major themes of the story has been the danger of stealing power. I think that the true power that the Sage talked about is not just the idea of friendship and unity but the concept of giving up power. By completing the Sage's Bloodline and by becoming the Juubi's jinnchuuriki Naruto will obtain almost godly power but giving that power up is in many ways sets a powerful example. All of the major villains of the story so far have obtained their power by essentially taking it from others. Stealing eyes, stealing bloodlines, stealing Bijuu. I think that in the end giving power and sharing power will be two major themes that will help to resolve the major conflicts. With the power of the Juubi and the Sage of Six Path's Naruto could easily rule the world and enforce peace but what would be the value of that? That course of action would be similar to what Madara wants to do. Peace is only meaningful if it is freely embraced. Naruto needs to set the ultimate example to be a truly great leader.

I believe that Naruto won't seal the Juubi inside himself, instead I think that he will become a bridge between the God Tree and the people. If you recall early in the series (the Zabuza arc) there was a bridge that was named after Naruto. I think that ultimately Naruto will be the one who connects the God Tree to the people. He will share its power with them and help to create a connection between all of them. It is about creating empathy and understanding not just between groups of people but between people and Nature itself.

The Bijuu are the God Tree, that is where they essentially come from. They are all part of the same whole. Their distinct personalities may all continue to reside within it but I think ultimately the God Tree has a purpose, it wasn't meant to be separated, that was a part of the problem. I think the reason why the Sage failed is because he didn't know how to unite the Bijuu without it just becoming a monster again and so he controlled it as long as he could and then divided its power so it wouldn't be as much of a threat. In the end though, I believe he knew that the God Tree was meant to be complete. Naruto's role isn't to control the Bijuu its to calm the God Tree, to change it back to the peaceful being that it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    @ Artifice
    I have to respectfully disagree with the theory that Naruto will return the Bijuu into the shinju. One problem I have with this is that Naruto would have to give up the kyuubi with in him, even if he keeps half the kyuubi inside him the shinju will try and steal it (back) from him like when Obito brought out the shinju. So even if Naruto decided to sacrifice his life and pass on becoming hokage I fail to see how that will help him fulfil his destiny of creating peace through helping people to understand one another.
    If Naruto completes the Sage's bloodline, I think he would survive the loss of the Kyuubi. Kushina was able to survive for awhile after having the Kyuubi removed. If Naruto has the full bloodline of the Sage, I doubt that loosing the Kyuubi would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    My understanding is that Naruto's destiny is to succeed where So6P failed, the sage's religion had people bond to his spirit which is similar to the chakra bonding when Naruto was able to share kyuubi chakra. My hope is that Naruto at kage level could refine this further and do what the sage couldn't.
    I agree, to a point. I think that Naruto will use the chakra sharing but I don't think it will be with the Juubi's power. Like I said above, I think that Naruto's destiny is to become the bridge between the God Tree and the people. The God Tree was peaceful once, if Naruto becomes another Sage of Six Path's what will make him different from the old one? Naruto needs to do something different, I think he needs to give the power back and rather than take the power or control it he needs to borrow from it, to share with it. Sage mode is clearly an important part of the series. The main idea of Sage mode is borrowing power from Nature, it is about harmony. Naruto has had to work his way up from nothing and that experience gave him empathy for those without power and those who harbor resentment towards those who are blessed with more. Naruto eventually gained great power but unlike Madara, Naruto gained his power through his friendships, he didn't take it by force he worked for some of it and some of it was given to him freely by others. I think in the end Naruto will see that ultimately he needs to give back. The God Tree, in many ways is like the villains of the series, it wasn't born evil, it was abused and as a result it became twisted and broken. It needs to be healed.