View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    3 60.00%
  • Good

    1 20.00%
  • Meh

    1 20.00%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    39

    One Piece 739 Discussion/ 740 Predictions

    Enjoy!

    Mangastream version: http://readms.com/r/one_piece/739/2269/1


    Spoiler!
    Last edited by ILL_TBAG_U; 02-26-2014 at 10:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,008
    Kyros, not really surprised, Without a doubt Rebecca's Father as well. And so Sugar forgot to give him orders eh? Well if he was the first Toy she ever made that would make sense, as she still would not have been used to her powers. However if its just for Dressrosa I'm not sure. Perhaps her fight with Kyros left her too exhausted to give orders in time.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  3. #3
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,576
    ^I don't think they ever fought. Kyros would have beaten her soundly if they did. He probably left his guard down since Sugar is just a girl. Kyros might have made a quick escape before Sugar made a contract.

    So in the end Soldier san wants to beat Dofla in as Kyros. IOf course he would lose but I wanna see what can he bring to the table.

    sig made by me

  4. #4
    Sex on Fire Flare Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,266
    When Rebeca was argueing with the toy soldier, I immediatly realised that he was the gladiator Kyros.
    didn't think it'd be revealed this quickly though.
    Have to say i was a little annoyed that they cock-teased us with the arina-fight and immediatly jumped back to the dwarves...

  5. #5
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    When Rebeca was argueing with the toy soldier, I immediatly realised that he was the gladiator Kyros.
    didn't think it'd be revealed this quickly though.
    Have to say i was a little annoyed that they cock-teased us with the arina-fight and immediatly jumped back to the dwarves...
    I did as well, though many of us speculated long ago the correlation between Thunder Soldier and Kyros. Overall I felt this was another ok chapter. Oda is in another build up sequence for the next few insane chapters to come. As far as reveals go, Rebecca being only 15 (almost 16) sort of ruins, in my opinion, her chances to join the SHs. I initially viewed her joining as a great possibility, but now I doubt it because of her young age. Seems fitting Chopper would be the youngest SH.....

    Watch out....Usopp is coming for you Trebol....

  6. #6
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,022
    I want to see Usopp try to escape and Trevor just pop up in front of him making him fight for real, would love to see how much hes grown into a warrior, Robin can take on Sugar, at least hold her down while the dwarves put the fire candy in her mouth
    A pie in the sky?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I want to see Usopp try to escape and Trevor just pop up in front of him making him fight for real, would love to see how much hes grown into a warrior, Robin can take on Sugar, at least hold her down while the dwarves put the fire candy in her mouth
    We shall see how many of the dwarves are still capable of fighting after being lit like a roman candle...but I definitely believe Usopp will redeem his cowardly personality so far this arc. It would be amazing if he was one of three to take out an executive member! Firebird Star as someone mentioned would be great to see, or some other explosive pop green.

    On a unrelated note. Did Robin create a clone which was able to speak and lead Trebol away from the Exec Tower (thus she was inside when he locked it, or did she herself lead Trebol to the dock distraction, then create a clone he attacked, and finally crawl back into the rubble of the tower?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    We shall see how many of the dwarves are still capable of fighting after being lit like a roman candle...but I definitely believe Usopp will redeem his cowardly personality so far this arc. It would be amazing if he was one of three to take out an executive member! Firebird Star as someone mentioned would be great to see, or some other explosive pop green.

    On a unrelated note. Did Robin create a clone which was able to speak and lead Trebol away from the Exec Tower (thus she was inside when he locked it, or did she herself lead Trebol to the dock distraction, then create a clone he attacked, and finally crawl back into the rubble of the tower?
    I'm going with the latter of your choices. Robin being able to create a clone of herself that can speak and lead someone away for what seemed like a good amount of yards from her real body, seems like too strong an ability for her to have at the moment.

    I also agree on Usopp. I'll be really disappointed if he just gets by on chance again this arc. I don't need his personality changing but i'm really hoping he steps up as a "Brave warrior of the sea" this time around.

  9. #9
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,576
    No way would Usopp be able to take down Trebol, he's not on that level yet. I'm still sticking to my idea that help would come. But don't worry guys Usopp WILL fight Trebol with courage. This is still in line with his character. Before he would run just run away if there's a strong enemy. Post time skip Usopp would rather avoid confrontation but when pit to a situation like this he'll fight for real.

    Robin fighting Sugar would be difficult. Robins power is all wrong for her. It's better for Usopp to fight Sugar instead while Robin tries to hold off Trebol.

    sig made by me

  10. #10
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    No way would Usopp be able to take down Trebol, he's not on that level yet. I'm still sticking to my idea that help would come. But don't worry guys Usopp WILL fight Trebol with courage. This is still in line with his character. Before he would run just run away if there's a strong enemy. Post time skip Usopp would rather avoid confrontation but when pit to a situation like this he'll fight for real.

    Robin fighting Sugar would be difficult. Robins power is all wrong for her. It's better for Usopp to fight Sugar instead while Robin tries to hold off Trebol.
    As unrealistic as it probably is for Usopp to defeat Trebol, you never know, he could surprise us! I'm just looking for him to have a good showing. Ultimately though, it will come down to Usopp taking out Sugar with a tabasco star attack or some other star/pop green. Dare I even suggest a 10 ton hammer?!

    The issue I have with help coming in this situation is that who that exactly would be. Luffy and Zoro are at the palace facing Pica, Doflamingo, and Issho; Law has been incapacitated; Sanji (and others) are under siege against Big Mom's cronies and half way to Zo by now; Thunder Soldier/Kyros is about to break apart from his fight with Lao G; Sabo is in the Colosseum; and Robin is already at there with Usopp, and so far it appears that even the dwarves, for all their speed and strength, are outmatched by Trebol's own speed and strength. The only other person who I believe could arrive to assist in the attack is Franky, as that was his initial intention, to destroy the SMILE Factory and take out Sugar. However, last we knew he not only has been dealing with Senor Pink, but also Machvise as well. Both are part of the four combatants who have never lost in the Colosseum, and add in the fact that Vice Admiral Bastille just showed up with a squadron of Marines to apprehend him, I doubt Franky has a free hand to offer.

    That said, I did initially believe and hope Franky would be the one to face off against Trebol, therefore cementing his status as 4th most powerful in the crew. Alas, it could still happen, but a 3-on-1 uphill battle against two undefeated exec members and a Marine VA will do as well as Trebol alone. Pending some unforeseen arrival by Franky or another character in the next few chapters, I'd say it's safe to say Usopp and Robin are on their own and will rise to the occasion. Even if they don't take out Trebol, if Usopp could manage to lay a pop-green trap or directly knock out Sugar, the toys would revert back to their former selves and provide unimaginable back up. Nevertheless, Usopp and Robin MUST be the ones to 'defeat' Sugar and Trebol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •