View Poll Results: Naruto Chapter Rating Scale

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • ..This aga...wait...this is actually revolutionary!

2 20.00%
  • Fairly good chapter

5 50.00%
  • Another average chapter

2 20.00%
  • Didn't really like it

0 0%
  • Oh for the love of...ugh!!!

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Poor Minato, this has really been a rough time for him. I think Yang Kurama is probably powering up Obito for what he's currently doing.

Love that Minato can do Sage Mode. Perhaps Jiraiya taught it to him and nobody bothered to tell Papa Toad.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I liked Madara's explanation of how the So6P shared his chakra with others and what his original intentions were as that part in particular hadn't been fleshed out before. the way it was illustrated was pretty cool, although I suspect there may be some bad guy truth manipulation regarding the part where recipients of the spiritual energy broke their bonds so that they could form chakra and use that for ninjutsu. The part where he said that those with power (hashirama) seek fights and those who are powerless (him when he left Konoha) lose everything just came off as more of the usual 'boohoo this world is hell, somebody please feel sorry for me' BS that he likes to spout when he's trying to manipulate somebody. I would've been disappointed if Obito fell for that again.

Obviously Obito alone can't defeat Madara, but now that he's shown his hand I hope he can aid Minato, kakashi and Gaara in their mission to bring Naruto back to life and defeat Madara. Now that he's stolen some juubi chakra from Madara maybe he can transfer chakra to kakashi to use kamui to warp Naruto, Minato and Sakura to that dimension. With that juubi chakra there may even be a way that he can undo that ninjutsu cancelling effect that juubi dark matter has.

When most of the chapter is trying to explain why what happened makes sense and still makes you confused at the end, something is wrong. Obito really should have started to show signs of changing back to good before he was revealed to be Obito, it would have given Kishi a lot more time.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Minato using Sage mode kind of makes sense when you think he's been in the Shinigami's belly for 17 years, managed to get the Yang half of Kurama under control (instead of the eternity of battle they were supposed to have, probably because of the seal), and was able to do other things. or did anyone notice how he instantly went into sage mode (a whole lot faster than Naruto could, even in 2nd stage cloak mode)
    come fight my brute here

Yeah, when did Minato learn Sage Mode? Did he have it when he was Alive or while in the Shinigami's Body you go into a realm and can train? If Minato was alive and could use Sage Mode, why didn't he use it towards Kurama.... he would of had a better chance of protecting everyone.... or is by being dead Minato doesn't have to worry about the balance of Nature Chakra and Regular Chakra, since his Regular Chakra is unlimited due to him being Edo?
    Last edited by Pure Logic; 02-19-2014 at 12:58 PM.

I have to say that while in dsicussions from last week's chapter, all the scenarios I had envisioned did not cover this one in this chapter. We had focused on Sasuke being saved by Kabuto, and Naruto being saved by Kakashi warping Minato and perhaps Obito to the other dimension where the GM's arm could be sealed inside him to save his life. I had also guessed that Obito could tap into Yang Kurama inside Black Zetsu.

At this moment, it appears that Obito somehow summoned the energy to oppose Black Zetsu (did he get some of that from Yang Kurama?), he has now mmaterialized his arm inside Madara, becomin physically melded with Madara. I hope he remembers to leave the rest of his body phased. So in this melded state Obito is sharing the Chakra of the tailed beasts with Madara, and both of them are becoming the SO6P.

Not knowing what might happen next, I hope that Obito prioritizes saving Naruto, and Healing Minato. I am certain that this is not Madara's defeat at all. Also Kishi's interview seemed to suggest that Kakashi will fight Madara, in which case it seems likely that Obito is going to do something heroic, and end up passing the Baton to naruto before he himself dies or is killed by Madara. This much seems Obvious. I believe the GM's arm is still an option.

I like the fact that Kishimoto did things in this chapter that were unexpected, unguessed. I hate that the chapter seemed short (even though it wasn't), I hate the fact that with every new chapter the end of "Naruto" draws nearer. LOL, I'm still trying to figure out my next hobby for the next 10 years after Narut (and Bleach) come to a close.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Funny enough, mastering Sage Mode, a perfect one at that, has become easier than adding an element to Rasengan (at which Minato failed)...

@Pure, he shouldn't have it when he was alive. Minato had a first seat, inside Naruto, when Naruto was learning and mastering the Sage Mode, he also had a first seat when Naruto was completing the Rasengan, so after his chakra had vanished/used up from inside Naruto (after re-sealing the Kyubi at Pain's fight), it's possible that a portion of his soul (energy) had returned then to were his soul was resting, thus into the Shinigami (with all the info it has gathered)... it's still pretty bull*hit but whatever .

It all depends on how the Shinigami works, though it actually seemed that they were in stasis sealed inside a tool all along... the story about the jutsu was only meant to make it look impossible to break, which obviously wasn't. Not to mention that having only soul, thus only Soul Energy, he would be unable to make chakra, not to mention mastering sage mode that needs all 3 energies... the Kyubi was uncooperative so he couldn't use that.

As to Obito, he will probably steal enough power, to keep Madara busy fighting him until the boys are healed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    Minato using Sage mode kind of makes sense when you think he's been in the Shinigami's belly for 17 years, managed to get the Yang half of Kurama under control (instead of the eternity of battle they were supposed to have, probably because of the seal), and was able to do other things. or did anyone notice how he instantly went into sage mode (a whole lot faster than Naruto could, even in 2nd stage cloak mode)
    I'd actually like to think it's a testament to his genius. He definitely knows how to do Sage Mode, either from his time with Jiraiya or from his time watching his son grow up. The only issue is when he had the time to practice doing it. Whereas Naruto needs to feel a concept on order to master it, Minato seems to be like Kakashi who just has to know a concept to master it.

On the other hand, Minato has been taken down a peg, or two, or three, or four, these past few chapters, and overall despite his genius and notoriety he just isn't able to get things done. In fairness, it's basically the same thing with all Edo Hokages in this fight.

EDIT: Good point about Minato not learning how to add an element to Rasengan, though. Maybe Minato just didn't figure out the trick behind that one (using two streams of thought to think separately) and Naruto was genuinely the first one to (serendipitously) figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I'd actually like to think it's a testament to his genius. He definitely knows how to do Sage Mode, either from his time with Jiraiya or from his time watching his son grow up. The only issue is when he had the time to practice doing it. Whereas Naruto needs to feel a concept on order to master it, Minato seems to be like Kakashi who just has to know a concept to master it.

On the other hand, Minato has been taken down a peg, or two, or three, or four, these past few chapters, and overall despite his genius and notoriety he just isn't able to get things done. In fairness, it's basically the same thing with all Edo Hokages in this fight.

EDIT: Good point about Minato not learning how to add an element to Rasengan, though. Maybe Minato just didn't figure out the trick behind that one (using two streams of thought to think separately) and Naruto was genuinely the first one to (serendipitously) figure it out.

Well in all fairness, it's because Minato didn't have enough time before his untimely death. It took him 3 years to even master the concept of manifested chakra as a weapon, and that was in his later years. Also, don't forget the only reason Naruto can. It would have taken him many years to accomplish this, but he used lots of clones to gather X times the experience in a much shorter period. Minato if given the chance would have achieved the same.

Liked that Obito didn't just repeat Naruto's words to Madara; he seems to have processed what Naruto said, and used it to come up with his own words and own beliefs.

It doesn't really suck so much that Minato has Sage Mode; nor that he was defeated by plot in this chapter (like Hashi and Tobi rama before him); what sucks more is the only Hokage to not have offered anything...new to the table. Or packing some special skill. All of his jutsu are ones we've seen developed by others. Hell, even Tsunade has a special skill of some kind. Minato is kinda blah as a kage.

This chapter actually begs a very important question: Can a man with no arms jump? He doesn't really use a handseal to Haraishin anyway; he should be able to grab a kunai in his teeth and go to work!

@Paul: Two words: One Piece. It'll keep Oda busy for decades. It can do the same for you!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.