• Your average Naruto chapter

0 0%
  • Didn't quite enjoy it

0 0%
  • (sigh)... -__-

2 20.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Really ? I actually had hopes for him, especially when he was originally introduced as Hatake Kakashi's arch enemy/rival on the evil side. Oro even said that Kabuto and Kakashi were at the same level at the beginning in the part one. Their duels were meant to be quite interesting, seeing as one's soul (energy) was being constantly eaten/depleted by his eye, while the other was constantly healing his body, not to forget the similar hair color, plus both of them even having a jutsu that made their bare hands extremely deadly (their first meeting also suggested that). In time, one got the MS (or rather realized that he had it all along) while the other got the SM.

Of course it seems that it was cut out in the end, heck Kabuto even became a testing dummy for one of Naruto's jutsu... still, Kabuto did manage to get a showdown against the MS and fought it with his SM, but Kakashi never got the chance to face the SM, instead he had quite a lot of fights against other doujutsu users.
    I agree, I have always had high hopes for Kabuto. In many ways he is the longest running antagonist but also, Kabuto's motives have always been complex. In the Chuunin Exam he was playing both sides but he actually showed a genuine interest in Naruto's development. He also showed hints of having some latent power in his blood (something that, at the time, made me think that he might also be a Jinnchuuriki). I still think it would have been interesting if he had turned out to be the 8-tails jinnchuuriki.

Even though he was allied with Orochimaru, Orochimaru himself seemed uncertain of Kabuto's loyalty which I found very interesting. To a certain extent it seemed almost like he was using Orochimaru. No one ever seemed to understand exactly what Kabuto was up to, and that made me think he always had a big end game of his own. I still hope that turns out to be the truth in some way.

Kabuto also showed an interesting side when he fought Naruto during the Sanin battle. He criticized Naruto for being naive about his power and also criticized him for relying too much on the Kyuubi's power. It was interesting though that Kabuto actually seemed a little bit pleased when Naruto was able to hit him with the Rasengan, it was almost like he was glad to see Naruto grow. Kabuto always seems to be amused, even when things don't go the way he expected. Another example, was when he confronted Naruto after he had began to merge with Orochimaru's body and gave Naruto his information about Akatsuki.

Kabuto is one of the only characters who has a strong connection to almost all of the major Protagonists and Antagonists of the series. He is closely connected to Naruto, Sasuke, Orochimaru, Danzou, Akatsuki, Obito, Itachi and even Madara. Kabuto was the first major villain to be introduced and he has played a part in almost all the major conflicts throughout the series. I think he deserves to play a big role.

I agree, that Kabuto shouldn't simply become "one of the good guys" I think Kabuto's change should be about him becoming his own person and seeking to obtain his goals in his own way. I want to see exactly what his old plans were and I want to see his new take on those plans now that he has been forced to reevaluate his life. I don't think it should have been a matter of him being simply good or evil. Kabuto like many of the best characters in the series, should be more complicated than that.

Well to be honest I always felt like Kabuto was going to turn on Orochimaru... and eventually fail and die by his hands... but that's not the case... instead he fused Orochimaru's Cells within him like Madara did with the Senju DNA... which I actually now find that interesting. He's always been a shady character... which sometimes drives me nuts... we really don't know what he wants... his goals... and his dreams. He's almost like a fodder villain... just there for backup when Kishi doesn't know what to do.
    Last edited by Pure Logic; 02-15-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    I agree, I have always had high hopes for Kabuto. In many ways he is the longest running antagonist but also, Kabuto's motives have always been complex. In the Chuunin Exam he was playing both sides but he actually showed a genuine interest in Naruto's development. He also showed hints of having some latent power in his blood (something that, at the time, made me think that he might also be a Jinnchuuriki). I still think it would have been interesting if he had turned out to be the 8-tails jinnchuuriki.

Even though he was allied with Orochimaru, Orochimaru himself seemed uncertain of Kabuto's loyalty which I found very interesting. To a certain extent it seemed almost like he was using Orochimaru. No one ever seemed to understand exactly what Kabuto was up to, and that made me think he always had a big end game of his own. I still hope that turns out to be the truth in some way.

Kabuto also showed an interesting side when he fought Naruto during the Sanin battle. He criticized Naruto for being naive about his power and also criticized him for relying too much on the Kyuubi's power. It was interesting though that Kabuto actually seemed a little bit pleased when Naruto was able to hit him with the Rasengan, it was almost like he was glad to see Naruto grow. Kabuto always seems to be amused, even when things don't go the way he expected. Another example, was when he confronted Naruto after he had began to merge with Orochimaru's body and gave Naruto his information about Akatsuki.

Kabuto is one of the only characters who has a strong connection to almost all of the major Protagonists and Antagonists of the series. He is closely connected to Naruto, Sasuke, Orochimaru, Danzou, Akatsuki, Obito, Itachi and even Madara. Kabuto was the first major villain to be introduced and he has played a part in almost all the major conflicts throughout the series. I think he deserves to play a big role.

I agree, that Kabuto shouldn't simply become "one of the good guys" I think Kabuto's change should be about him becoming his own person and seeking to obtain his goals in his own way. I want to see exactly what his old plans were and I want to see his new take on those plans now that he has been forced to reevaluate his life. I don't think it should have been a matter of him being simply good or evil. Kabuto like many of the best characters in the series, should be more complicated than that.
    Oh right, Kabuto's red eyes, or whatever that was, or was it anime only ? Anyway, his eye color certainly changes from black to something different here (also notice how everyone becomes/feels terrified of Kabuto when he activates it):
    Spoiler!

Seeing as the only people with red eyes are:
    - Uchiha,
    - Kurama and it's jinchurki,
    - Tobirama Senju,
    - Uzumaki Karin,
    his bloodline could have been interesting. I remember people theorizing that he might be from a clan that branched out from the Uchiha or something (quite reasonable seeing as he could use an advanced Yin Techniques like the Yin Healing Wound Destruction).

As to Kabuto's vague loyalty, wasn't that part of his spying tactics ? I mean he was pretending to be Sasori's spy, so maybe that fake loyalty was merely an act to fool Sasori ?
    Last edited by Zero; 02-15-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Zero, you forgot to add the Yuhi's (or at the very least Kurenai.. whose eyes are, if memory serves, drawn to look like tomoe-less sharingan) to that list of red eyed characters
    come fight my brute here

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    Zero, you forgot to add the Yuhi's (or at the very least Kurenai.. whose eyes are, if memory serves, drawn to look like tomoe-less sharingan) to that list of red eyed characters
    Oh yeah, that too.

Still, there are quite a bit of red eyed characters, but if we were to include Kabuto's hair, then it would point to Senju/Uzumaki. What's more, Kabuto's age and his circumstances (lived in some strange town with skyscrapers that was destroyed in a war and his amnesia), would point out to the time after the Uzumaki's downfall, not to mention not having memories about his name, origin, thus about his own powers, could create a situation in which he has no idea about his special power. Not to mention that supposedly wars were only fought by ninja after creation of the villages (the samurai and other forces became the past).

Of course, we should also not forget that it's not simply about an eye color (we don't really know to what color it changed), but rather about the eyes changing itself. From that perspective, we should include only those whose eyes change and so far we have:
    - Sage Mode, Cursed Seal, Senjutsu Transformation (the eye change varies),
    - Uchiha and Rinnegan users (the Byakugan eyes technically don't change, but rather the nerves around and in the eyes),
    - Jinchuriki.

Of course Byakugan, Sharingan and Rinnegan are considered the 3 mayor doujutsus, but there are more, the eyes of a Sage/Hermit are also a doujutsu that allows one to see natural energy (perhaps more, depending on the type of sage mode). Still, we haven't seen any lesser doujutsu that is not associated with NE so far, so it would be a nice thing to introduce at least one character having those (not counting the anime).

Pretty sure Kabuto's eyes changed just to demonstrate to readers that he was the one who caused the enemies to freeze. It was an early effort on Kishi's part drawing Genjutsu, and it let him build up that Kabuto was more powerful/sinister than he'd let on. Kishi doesn't seem to have been clear about exactly what kind of power to give Kabuto, but it had to be something people would barely notice, so he went with this mysterious genjutsu accompanied by a sinister glare.

I really wouldn't think much of it. It's not worth thinking about what that isolated frame of Kabuto means in the current story.

We're getting closer to the next chapter, so Now that i've had time to think it over, I think I have a scenario I feel comfortable ith regarding the Barefoot guy and Sasuke.

As usual, the simplest explanations using known facts is the best.

1) Barefoot guy is Kabuto.
    2) Aura guy is also Kabuto
    3) Non recognition of his chakra is probably because he's using a forbidden technique, AND he can project a Chakra mix from all the people he's grafted to his own body.
    4) Kabuto's goal is to Save Sasuke and divest himself of as much stolen abilities as he can, as a further fulfilment of Izanami's conditions
    5) Kabuto who has cells from Karin and Juugo (amongst others), may be planning on using the combined abilities of Karin and Juugo
    6) Karin's ability and Juugo's Cells could heal Sasuke and seal his injuries, and grant him sage mode at the same time.

So far, this seem plausible to me.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

^ Are you suggesting that because of Izanami and no longer wanting to be anyone else but himself, he will dump ALL of his abilities, that didn't originally belong to him, onto Sasuke (assuming that those weren't sucked along with Oro's chakra) ? Interesting, a way to boost Sasuke's abilities exponentially without any special training, while at the same time it being somewhat hinted by Sasuke picking those special people from his own free will...

Well I guess it would make sense in a way, after all Sasuke and Naruto usually power up at similar times, sometimes even with similar powers. So if Naruto is going to power up thanks to multiple gifts from different creatures, Sasuke himself should obtain a similar boost from different people (he even technically already got a portion from Jyuugo, Hashirama and Itachi).

Now that I think about it, Sasuke had really obtained a boost in all 3 kinds of existing Energies in narutoverse from different people:
    - spiritually from Itachi's eyes,
    - physically from Hashirama's chakra,
    - naturally from Jyuugo's cells and CS.

...well I guess that Kishi had to somehow balance what Naruto got after birth and now what he will gain again to make it fair between them...

Yep I am suggesting such, especially as it could also save Sasuke's Life. Karin's Cells would also be a great Match for Hashirama's chakra.

Sometimes, what seems obvious does not materialise, but if it did in this case, then we should expect that Naruto, Sakura, Minato, and possibly Black Zetsu and Kakashi could end up in Obito's dimension, where we likely will see Minato seal Geddou Mazzou into Naruto. And further, Kishimoto's end goal is probably a highly empowered Senju in combination with a highly empowered Uchiha will join forces to defeat Madara. And...beyond Madara, a joint Hokageship could be in the works.

Yeah, I know I'm repeating points already made in past discussions.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Sasuke and Naruto becoming more pure like the sons of the Sage.... I think that's the route Kishi is going for... Naruto getting the GM's Arm will make him more Senju/Younger Son Like and for Sasuke I feel like Kabuto or Juugo cells will make him more Elder son like. I have a feeling Sage Mode will play a big part for both of them.