• Your average Naruto chapter

0 0%
  • Didn't quite enjoy it

0 0%
  • (sigh)... -__-

2 20.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    Shisui... Itachi's bestfriend.... I could see him the only one protecting Sasuke. Kabuto going to the good side is retarded.
    Saying it over and over again does not make it true. The figure has no spiky hair that i could see. If we are simply plucking dead people out of thin air why could it not be Kisame?

I see no reason why it could possibly be Shisui (or Kisame). The main reason why i totally discount it is that Shisui is the son of Kagimi who was one of the seconds closest followers. The second has been shown to be one of the best sensor Ninja's out there - he was easily able to dis-concern that Karin was an Uzumaki simply by feeling her chakra and he sensed Naruto go into sage mode. So to think he would not recognize one of his key followers children is a little beyond belief at the moment.

Kabuto changing his ways makes perfect sense. He was put in a technique that is specifically designed to make you change your way, so i think calling it retarded is going a little far.

But I dont think it is Kabuto either. Oro or Karin should have been able to sense him even if he had changed alot and if it is Kabuto his change would have probably taken away the malice he feels towards Sasuke, but this guys chakra is not welcoming. Oro had known him long before he changed his body, and Karin had spent enough time with him to know his chakra - remember she was not a prisoner like Sigetsu, she would have spent a fair bit of time with him and he cant change his Chakra THAT much that he could avoid Karin's abilities. Kishi will simply pluck out someone who Sasuke met whilst away form the village and give it a flashback or it will be someone from ages ago like those Sound nerds from the Chunin exams.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

The only reason I say it is not Kabuto, is because Orochimaru didn't recognize the chakra either. In my first post, I mentioned the possibility of his chakra changing once he accepts himself and escapes Izanami, like Sasuke's has over time as he indulged the darkness. Orochimaru played a major role in Kabuto's twisted logic and state of being, but when they met his chakra was pure and remained that way for a time. For even him not to recognize it, makes Kabuto look like a bad match for this mysterious figure.

As I also mentioned, Karin's comments are in direct conflict with a new Kabuto. Kabuto will be released when he accepts who he is as a person, and not a moment sooner. Then and only then, will he be able to escape Izanami. So when he does, he will undoubtedly be on the good side, leaving darkness behind. This does not match up with this figures malevolent aura/chakra. I trust in Karin's abilities, if someone like Orochimaru does. She has a prefect track record with these things as well. If Orochimaru was trying to throw people off like people theorize, why would he ask himself if this was to be the end of Sasuke's wind in his private thoughts?

The thing is, I think this setup was so intentional. Both Naruto and Sasuke are about to die, and on top of that, they are surrounded by powerful enemy ninja, that prevent them from getting help. Even if Minato or someone had a backup plan, it will fail as long as Madara is their to stop it. So things really look hopeless for him. Then there's Sasuke. Same condition, and now he may too have someone evil to worry about. Back when we thought Kurama's plan would work, we assumed the same would happen for Sasuke, via the mysterious figure. Now that things have backfired for Naruto in such a tragic way, I think the figure is synonymous with Madara. Karin has always been able to sense the aura of ones chakra, and she looks very worried. She made a short comment about the chakra, and then she detected a bad aura, which Kabuto should no longer have.

Again, the one thing I give to the Kabuto theorists is the Masked Man reveal. Everyone at some point suspected that Tobi was Obtio, by linking up the similarities. But as the story progressed, it seemed flat out impossible for it to have been Obtio given all the situations the Masked Man was involved in, and the points at which they occurred on the timeline, in comparison with Obito's age and ability, and the state he was in before his supposed death. And yet, as chapter 599 started, it was clear who the masked man was...So, he lead us to believe there was no way it could be Obito. So despite all the contradictions in the air, it may turn out to be Kabuto after all.
    Last edited by janfeae; 02-14-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Kishi will simply pluck out someone who Sasuke met whilst away form the village and give it a flashback or it will be someone from ages ago like those Sound nerds from the Chunin exams.
    Maybe, but it's not them since they were used by Oro for the Edo Tensei against Hiruzen (plus one killed by Garaa ?).

Also, Oro saying "some creep that slithered out from under some rock somewhere..." well it does sound very snake-ish plus Kabuto was in a deep cave, as if a snake under a rock. So it might be a troll after all . Those spikes might been horns, head protector or something.

Some people saying that it is a butt-naked Sasuke is also funny . It would be the first jutsu or ability that actually invovled removing the clothes, since neither the CS2, Oro's skin dropping or other, that should be removing some clothes, didn't . Unless it's someone from the future (time-space ninjutsu do exist after all in Narutoverse).

I should also probably mention that the spiky-ish thing is not hair or anything, it's part of the flaming white aura that Karin sees on other parts as well. In reality, what we/Karin see is a simple standard human body silhouette (with flaming white motive and dark aura), seriously, which means that basing on the silhouette alone we can't guess anything .

I think it is fairly safe to say that the Barefoot Guy is probably Kabuto, perhaps he's come to make amends for his past deed's having come to his better mind through Izanami.

As I said before though there is a possibility taht there are TWO distinctly different individuals, One being the Barefoot Ninja, Possibly a separate entity Emanating the Strange Aura. It does not seem that the Aura was there when Oro's group first sensed the barefoot guy.

If the Aura guy is Kabuto, then he should have enacted a Kinjutsu of some sort, hoping to transfer his life energy into Sasuke. It is then possible that what we see as the Aura was That life energy, or the the effects of a Kinjutsu that Kabuto is performing to save Sasuke.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

By the time Kabuto had started following Orochimaru (after he accidentally killed his own "mother"), he was already twisted/confused/lost/seeking identity-Kabuto. If Itzanami had the intended effect to make him accept himself, then he would indeed be going back to a time that he had ever only experienced while at the orphanage with Mother, before he really met Orochimaru. So it would make perfect sense that Orochimaru doesn't recognize Kabuto's "accepted self" chakra--cause he has never seen/felt it (you could count that BRIEF visit by Oro back when Danzo was extorting money from the orphanage, but it doesn't seem like a time where he would be feeling on children's...chakra...God, he's creepy...).

Also, when the hell did Orochimaru become a sensor type?

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    By the time Kabuto had started following Orochimaru (after he accidentally killed his own "mother"), he was already twisted/confused/lost/seeking identity-Kabuto. If Itzanami had the intended effect to make him accept himself, then he would indeed be going back to a time that he had ever only experienced while at the orphanage with Mother, before he really met Orochimaru. So it would make perfect sense that Orochimaru doesn't recognize Kabuto's "accepted self" chakra--cause he has never seen/felt it (you could count that BRIEF visit by Oro back when Danzo was extorting money from the orphanage, but it doesn't seem like a time where he would be feeling on children's...chakra...God, he's creepy...).

Also, when the hell did Orochimaru become a sensor type?

Well, if I temporarily disregard most of what I said, there's still Kabuto's transformation. How could he escape if he's still putting off a dark aura? Whoever it is, does not appear to be friendly. Karin has a flawless track record when it comes to sniffing out chakras and auras. She may very well be number 1 in the entire series when it comes to auras. If not, top 3 no doubt.

In short, I don't think she's making a mistake. I'm not against it being Kabuto, but the way Kishimoto is setting things up, it seems as though it's not that simple. For a third time though, he did the exact same thing with the masked man, and it ended up being Obito in the end (Which was the prediction that seemed far too obvious, and closer toward the reveal, downright impossible)

We're all basing this on the premise that this man is barefoot. As new chapters are released, it seems like this was purposely done to make the reader think it was Kabuto. Karin and Suigetsu are also barefoot, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being someone that is not so obvious. ( and then 2 weeks from now we find out it really is only Kabuto lol )

Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    Well, if I temporarily disregard most of what I said, there's still Kabuto's transformation. How could he escape if he's still putting off a dark aura? Whoever it is, does not appear to be friendly. Karin has a flawless track record when it comes to sniffing out chakras and auras. She may very well be number 1 in the entire series when it comes to auras. If not, top 3 no doubt.
    I'm not so sure about her being that good. After all, when she sensed Kurama inside Naruto she also described it rather, well, negatively and yet the Kyubi was always a good guy deep in his heart, it's more like he had an angry/hateful episode all this time .

Basing on the above, the "terrible" feel to that person's chakra, might actually be what that persons feel. For example, if it was Kabuto, he might feel terrible as he witnesses the results of his actions (namely reviving Madara) and thus is shocked at how terrible the situation is... or something . It's always vague, but now that Karin has "awakened" she might have become more sensitive, which might result in her misjudgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'm not so sure about her being that good. After all, when she sensed Kurama inside Naruto she also described it rather, well, negatively and yet the Kyubi was always a good guy deep in his heart, it's more like he had an angry/hateful episode all this time .

Basing on the above, the "terrible" feel to that person's chakra, might actually be what that persons feel. For example, if it was Kabuto, he might feel terrible as he witnesses the results of his actions (namely reviving Madara) and thus is shocked at how terrible the situation is... or something . It's always vague, but now that Karin has "awakened" she might have become more sensitive, which might result in her misjudgment.

Hmm, I suppose you could put it that way, but you could say the same thing for Madara. Madara had good intentions, and is a good guy deep down, but on the surface, he is downright evil. The same goes for the Ninetails. The ninetails started off as a mass of chakra with sensitive emotions. He quickly became hateful toward everything, and thus his reputation was born.

It could be more along the lines of what PaulBee said. Perhaps this malevolent aura/chakra, and the mysterious figure are not linked, and they are two separate things. If Madara hadn't shown up where Naruto was, I'd be more willing to accept it just being Kabuto. Now I think Sasuke is in more danger too unless it comes down to one of two things. One being, Sasuke and the figure playing a role in Naruto's rescue, or this all being a part of Hashirama's plan (I still don't quite seeing Sasuke charging Madara head on and expecting it to actually kill him).

There's an 80% chance you guys are right, but this chapter instilled doubt in my mind. Why would Kishimoto try to throw us off with something as simple as Kabuto...when the bare foot makes it obvious? Why have the brief dialogue between the two and imply that they are ignorant to this specific chakra? Why a bad feeling when Kabuto can only emerge as a positive person? Why emphasize these things....I'll probably just end up being a sucker for his bait, but it's hard to accept buildup over an obvious choice. But, that was precisely the case with the masked man, and that went on for years lol

Lmao... come on you guys are saying it could be the elder son..... but it can't be Shisui? We all thought Obito was dead... and felt like Tobi was Obito... how come Kishi couldn't Fake Shisui's Death? Itachi has tons of tricks up his sleeves. Somethings that made me think it could be Shisui.
    1. All Uchiha have that Evil Chakra within there brain. Which might be what Karin is seeing.
    2. The Chakra Image we seen has Spiky hair.
    3. I feel like Shisui would be the only person willing to protect Sasuke.
    4. Would provide us a plot twist.
    5. Kaubto should of lost his Sage Mode due to him not having enough Chakra, and him turning good towards the end is a let down. I've been waiting for him to die since he was introduced.
    *Like I stated this might be far-fetched but at least it has some support besides the elder children.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    5. Kaubto should of lost his Sage Mode due to him not having enough Chakra, and him turning good towards the end is a let down. I've been waiting for him to die since he was introduced.
    Really ? I actually had hopes for him, especially when he was originally introduced as Hatake Kakashi's arch enemy/rival on the evil side. Oro even said that Kabuto and Kakashi were at the same level at the beginning in the part one. Their duels were meant to be quite interesting, seeing as one's soul (energy) was being constantly eaten/depleted by his eye, while the other was constantly healing his body, not to forget the similar hair color, plus both of them even having a jutsu that made their bare hands extremely deadly (their first meeting also suggested that). In time, one got the MS (or rather realized that he had it all along) while the other got the SM.

Of course it seems that it was cut out in the end, heck Kabuto even became a testing dummy for one of Naruto's jutsu... still, Kabuto did manage to get a showdown against the MS and fought it with his SM, but Kakashi never got the chance to face the SM, instead he had quite a lot of fights against other doujutsu users.