View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Excellent

    3 42.86%
  • 4 - Good

    1 14.29%
  • 3 - Meh

    2 28.57%
  • 2 - Badz

    0 0%
  • 1 - Terribadz

    1 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Senior Member D.J. Uzumaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    75
    I'll be happy if Yoruichi just shows her Shikai. Nevermind her Bankai. Urahara is the Bankai I want to see the most, Benihime is so strong that's it's Bankai form has to be even more awesome! When is Kisuke gonna go all out? I know he has to be one of the most powerful of the captains along with being one the smartest. He's the only other person besides Kyoraku or Ukitake I could see as Captain Commander. Kisuke, along with Ichigo, are the real X-factors of the war.
    The darkness can't hold me, I am the epitome of light. I have to shine, it's in my nature.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,015
    Quote Originally Posted by D.J. Uzumaki View Post
    I'll be happy if Yoruichi just shows her Shikai. Nevermind her Bankai. Urahara is the Bankai I want to see the most, Benihime is so strong that's it's Bankai form has to be even more awesome! When is Kisuke gonna go all out? I know he has to be one of the most powerful of the captains along with being one the smartest. He's the only other person besides Kyoraku or Ukitake I could see as Captain Commander. Kisuke, along with Ichigo, are the real X-factors of the war.
    Definitely agreed man. There has to be a reason all these captains don't use their bankais no matter the situation, even when they are about to die they don't pull it out. It can't be faith in Ichigo cause that would just be stupid, not to mention lazy leaving it all to the Sub Shinigami. Im guessing they would just have Bankais that are too dangerous to themselves and others around them to bust it out, but maybe since everyone in SS is pretty much dead it will be okay now lol

    I feel like the fullbringers aren't used to fighting though, they are used to hollows or maybe even occasional shinigami skuffle but not a smart ruthless war with quincy who do not hold anything back and always go for the kill and not the thrill of the fight like Shinigami do. Perhaps Kukaku will surprise us all with her personal army, maybe even working together with Yoruichi since they seem to have a past together. That would be a nice outside factor, the castouts coming back to help the people who banished them lol
    A pie in the sky?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Definitely agreed man. There has to be a reason all these captains don't use their bankais no matter the situation, even when they are about to die they don't pull it out. It can't be faith in Ichigo cause that would just be stupid, not to mention lazy leaving it all to the Sub Shinigami. Im guessing they would just have Bankais that are too dangerous to themselves and others around them to bust it out, but maybe since everyone in SS is pretty much dead it will be okay now lol
    Pretty much. Kyouraku's can't be seen by others (friendly fire ?), Ukitake's is quite likely the reason why he has white hair and poor health (it's a guess since it was mentioned that it is a result of certain battle), Urahara's can't be used in a friendly/sparing match or training, Yamamto's might have burned the whole SS, Yoruichi's... well I get the feeling that the reason why she doesn't use it might be connected to Kukaku's missing arm... though it's a wild guess . There was also Unohana but she simply didn't feel like using it in a poor battle... then there are those that don't like to display their power (Hisagi), that want to hide their power (Ikkaku) and of course those that don't even need to use it (Aizen and Royal Guard).



  4. #24
    The one and only Pure Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    439
    Well the main question now is does Kenpachi or Ichigo need to use Bankai? Ichigo was just using a fragment of his power... we're not sure of how much... just part of his Quinicy powers... if his Shinigami powers are on par with his Vasto Lorde form or greater I expect Ichigo to defeat the SR's pretty fast.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,015
    Unohana's Bankai was a bit of a disappointment, im sure we didn't even see her in real action or any of its powers but still I hope we get to see something. On Kenpachi I still think the rules of training apply, he needs 10+ years to master it, if not he will just be throwing it around without being effective, or it might be something that isn't an increase in power or special skill, might be like armor or something to keep him alive he doesn't need to actively train. On Ichigo he is in the same boat. He didn't have enough time to work on his new Bankai skills, might be the same as the old one but I doubt that would be even the tip of the iceberg. His original bankai was said to be an enhancement of his battle skills by Byakuya, and everyone who went up to SKR had their zankaputo true powers revealed. Rukia wasn't just ice/snow it froze her in its true form, Renji wasn't just a big cannon firing snake it was a close range snake with a cannon bite. So how about Ichigo and how could you play-on-words that skill? Doesn't make him faster but makes everyone slower? Doesn't make him stronger but everyone weaker? IDK but its gonna be something different from what he was originally used to if we follow the past history of SKR
    A pie in the sky?

  6. #26
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    Well the main question now is does Kenpachi or Ichigo need to use Bankai? Ichigo was just using a fragment of his power... we're not sure of how much... just part of his Quinicy powers... if his Shinigami powers are on par with his Vasto Lorde form or greater I expect Ichigo to defeat the SR's pretty fast.
    Not quite. Ichigo was mainly using the Hollow part of his Zanpakutou, since the Shinigami part was mostly absorbed by Old Man Z (thanks to which he grew to be of his normal human size, instead of being the size of a car keys... yep that's how much Ichigo's Quincy power is worth compared to his Hollow and Shinigami...). From the looks of it, Old Man Z aided Ichigo using his own Quincy (or from Bach borrowed) powers only two times, when he boosted Ichigo's attack power against Zaraki and when he boosted Ichigo's defense against Bach. Of course there were also those times in which Old Man Z had channeled the Shinigami-part-Zanpakutou's power through himself, to aid Ichigo (like at the time of FGT).

    Yep, the Bankai that Ichigo wielded against Aizen in Karakura Town outskirts of SS fight, was equivalent of his True Bankai (while not being it ). Of course, the power was there but not techniques, since part of this power was still being channeled through Old Man Z, so even if it was at the level of Ichigo's real Bankai, it's still wasn't quite it from a technical point. Now that Old Man Z has a rightful rule over it and has properly became/fused with it, the Quincy-Shinigami-Zan and the Hollow-Shinigami-Zan will likely display new techniques and powers.

    A new beam-slash technique for example (lol). GT was in the first place an advanced version of the standard beam-slash that every Shinigami can potentially do (it's a bit similar to Hollows gathering their condensed reiatsu in one place and then shooting it). It was about gathering the Shinigami's concentrated spiritual pressure on the tip of one's blade and then sending it in a form of a shock-wave (or whatever he is able to send in his Bankai form) - this is the power of his Hollow-Zanpakutou. Now, thanks to obtaining Quincy-Zanpakutou, he should also gain a similar technique that instead of gathering the condensed spiritual pressure from the Shinigami, it would gather the condensed spiritual particles from the environment, assuming that it will have Quincy-like powers. Then combining those two techniques would make his beam-slash not only have pressure but also (spiritually) physical form.

    Anyway, now that Ichigo has gained total support and understanding (both ways) of his Zanpakutou, I'm pretty sure that the thing that they did (not only Ichigo but others as well) with the Bald Monk was to learn how to use those techniques. Bald Monk has the ability to see what it truly is and name things, so he probably was able to see through all the technique that a Zanpakutou currently has (or at the least their names since he is the one that names all, even the Zan technique's names), so by having the name of the technique it's obviously easier to force or allow the Zan to teach it (like it was with FGT). That's why both Renji and Rukia came back with new powers and techniques and so will be with Ichigo and maybe Byakuya if he still had some techniques undiscovered (it depends on when his Bankai had returned).

    Speaking of Bald Monk, it probably also means that the one that gave the name to the H-cube, was also him (seeing as it was created in Soul Society). Though I wonder how that exactly works ? Does he sees something, comes with a name witch he sends telepathically to the creator or what ? Or how come every Zanpakutou accepted the names of themselves and their techniques given by the Bald Monk ?



  7. #27
    The one and only Pure Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    439
    Well, I hope Kubo goes in-depth with the history of SS, Royal Guard, and Bach's Orgins.... I'm not so sure he was born on Earth... Also if someone has a child that Bach gave part of his soul to... then in return the child is born with part of Bach's Soul then right? So how was Uryu and Ichigo able to survive Bach's Genocide of the Qunicies, and along with Ichigo's Sisters? I have to expect that at some time Uryu's mom was affected by a hollow while having Uryu and that would mean he's actually part Fullbringer then right? That's the only way I can explain why they wouldn't die... also why do Hollow's effect Qunicies is due to the Hollow's Soul being more then one and devouring part of Bach's soul or there Soul?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    Well, I hope Kubo goes in-depth with the history of SS, Royal Guard, and Bach's Orgins.... I'm not so sure he was born on Earth... Also if someone has a child that Bach gave part of his soul to... then in return the child is born with part of Bach's Soul then right? So how was Uryu and Ichigo able to survive Bach's Genocide of the Qunicies, and along with Ichigo's Sisters? I have to expect that at some time Uryu's mom was affected by a hollow while having Uryu and that would mean he's actually part Fullbringer then right? That's the only way I can explain why they wouldn't die... also why do Hollow's effect Qunicies is due to the Hollow's Soul being more then one and devouring part of Bach's soul or there Soul?
    Bach origin was explained, somewhat. He was born on earth, because religions with a God that is named like that are only on earth (on the other hand everyone in SS knows that there is no such thing as God but only a Soul King, that is a bit like a God ;P). Also, it was probably somewhere in Europe? with a cold/snowy environment (neither HM nor SS have snowy regions ?).

    We don't really know what's the difference between Pure and Impure Quincy... but from the looks of it, it might be that a Pure one is born from a Quincy and another Quincy/someone with a part of Bach's soul, while an Impure one is probably born from a Quincy and someone that doesn't have part of Bach's soul or isn't a pure Quincy ?

    Bach said that he only targeted the impure Quincy, but Ishin implied that "impure" is a subjective matter and Bach actually ate whoever he wanted. Taking into consideration what Ishin said and what Bach said to Uryu, Bach didn't even try to suck Ichigo and his sisters (that's reasonable since their potential would have been extremely valuable, so eating them before they even awaken their powers would have been a waste of resources), on the other hand Bach did try to suck Uryu, but Uryu's power, or simply it's nature, had resisted it completely (Uryu was the only one that survived from the ones that Bach tried to suck, which means that everyone else that was target had been indeed sucked).

    Urahara explained that for some reason the Quincy are born with a defect, they don't have hollow-antibodies (like everyone else seemingly has), so even a simple bite or scratch (which is infectious) can be deadly to them. It's probably a result of their ancestor himself having a lot of defects.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •