3 37.50%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Could've been better

0 0%
  • Dissapointed again

1 12.50%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Yeah I doubt Madara would have a problem with Kirin, he was chillin through the Jyuubi Tenpenchii technique.

@paul, come on, it's called Natural Energy for a reason, as it is in fact the energy of Nature . The fact that Sasuke's Amaterasu was absorbed, while Garaa's sand didn't, does imply that Madara can only absorbs things created from pure chakra (it seems that it was similar for Pain's/Nagato's abilities and similar for Jyubito's cancellation technique), but not something that was already present and part of Nature (while the Sand was simply part of Nature, it was propelled by a wind jutsu of Shukaku). This likely means that the Cancellation and Absorption techniques first reverse the process of creating a jutsu and then either disperse the chakra or absorb it, otherwise they would have been able ton convert the mass of already existing objects in Nature into an limitless supply of energy, which they can't.

Also, NE is ever-present, it courses and exist in every part of Nature. Sages merely gather a minuscule amounts that Energy from the environment and incorporate it into their own Energies. In other words, the difference between creating water and utilizing existing water, would be that the created one hasn't yet attained NE (though it eventually might), while the existing one already had it in itself.

A Human fist can also posses Natural Energy, or rather it would naturally attain it, but only when it had became truly part of Nature, which means after death (or true motionlessness, but to stop means to die, since a Human body always works and does something...).

@ Zero,

Don't get me going. The fact that Naruto held still while gathering NE doesn't mean he was in fact still. His heart was beating (motion), his blood was circulation (also motion), his lungs were being inflated and deflated (even more motion). The whole explanation falls appart if you apply common sense to it.

Like I said, how can sand hurled at Madara hurt him, yet Rassen shuriken or Earth techniques would not. They should if there was enough momentum in the air or in the rocks.

Maybe the Ninjas should just hurl Kunai's at Madara, without adding any chakra. this should be the same as Gaara's sand. Maybe hurling Kunnais could be senjutsu (I am not using derission, just inverse logic), after all, energy from food is NE, the Kunnai is made from Steel, also Natural.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    I really like that picture of Hashirama's statue. Imagine that thing coming at you. I think my colon would drop out my a$$, forget sh!tting on myself!

might be looking too much into it, but I may have saw a little foreshadowing that I didnt like.

but first:

Of course Naruto & Saskue are being little b!tches right now, I mean Naruto gets a little bit of Yang chakra ripped from him and he faints. While Saskue and Madara rehash a starwars episode, Saskue I am your father....well... more like you're my grandson and Ima cut you. Tobirama is priceless, "Madara, you dirty m#thaf#cka, he's Uchiha too!!"

Mount Rushmore is in the crapper right now. Don't even know how Tsunade got elected.?

foreshadowing: Hinata fell while running to Naruto while Sakura gets a ride to him. So Naruto will end up with Sakura. Gaara and his sand are like the personification of Kishi carrying Sakura's sorry a$$ through the Manga.

If Kishi mixes the sage in here somehow, then I'll be happy.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

@paul, well throwing a Kunai is part of Taijutsu so if it was strong enough it should hurt Madara, as he was avoiding physical attacks and cuts from Sasuke's sword. Naruto's SM merely strengthens the body and activates it on many levels, it doesn't become indestructible, but only hard. On the other hand, Hashirama's doesn't seem to boost defense too much if at all (he has regeneration so it's not like he needed it).

The whole point of attaining Sage Mode is that Naruto is supposed to be literally able to stop his heart (and other functions of his organism) for a moment, at that point the amount of NE energy enters his body, enough to draw more if he wants to, or so it seems... that was the whole point of comparing it a state of death, since it is in fact a temporary death state... or so it should be, at least in frog's type.

To the world, things created from chakra are foreign, are like illusions that became real for a moment, so it's not surprise that those can't hurt someone who posses the power of the Sage (which seems to be the power of the world that came from the World Tree) that could turn any illusion he wanted into reality. On the other hand, things that already existed or were created from existing materials, instead of chakra, can hurt Madara (from what we know, the only difference between materials made from chakra and existing ones, is NE, so it is reasonable to assume that it is the key to victory, just like it was with all previous Rinnegan users...).

So, should Ninja simply throw Kunais at Madara ? In a way, yes, because it is more effective than high jutsu made from pure chakra, like Amaterasu, that can't do anything against Madara. Of course, it's more useful but still not enough, seeing as he has Susanoo, Regeneration, Speed, SM-Sensing, Gravitational Control (and probably more) to stop attacks like those.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

The whole point of attaining Sage Mode is that Naruto is supposed to be literally able to stop his heart (and other functions of his organism) for a moment, at that point the amount of NE energy enters his body, enough to draw more if he wants to, or so it seems... that was the whole point of comparing it a state of death, since it is in fact a temporary death state... or so it should be, at least in frog's type.

Hi Zero,

Problem is that if Naruto Stopped his own heart and stopped breathing, He will lose consciousness and die in a minute, 2 minutes or so. NE energy won't keep you alive if your heart stopped. I should like to stop this mode of analysis because as I said the story falls apart under too much scrutiny.

We see naruto sensing Natural energy, as he began learning sage mode. He simply can't sense anything or think thoughts if his heart were to stop, and cease supplying oxygen to his brain.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Well, let me explain how I feel what NE is and what regular chakra is. Chakra is like a fuel source, that gives birth to the jutsu's we see. Each person has a special type of chakra that has a infinity of the 5 or so elements. NE... is almost like a 2nd Fuel Source that's more powerful then the chakra your body produces.... but I'm not quite sure on how Naruto gains the Toad Sage Form and what not. The Nature Energy is the special type of fuel that improves and alters the existing chakra... Although I'm not quite sure how it damage Juubito..... You could say that Chakra could be the false form of the elements and that's why its not considered Nature Energy. Could be it creates a chemical reaction that's almost like the real thing... its like a Replica... but not the original thing.

@Pure
    Animals can sense NE. If I'm not mistaken, Pa Frog told Naruto that when they were doing the Sage training. And with certain, more evolved learning Ninjutsu, Sage Arts were born. A human learning Sage Mode is just training themselves to take on traits of the specific animal to gain the ability to sense NE. Only by learning how the animal in question is able to, can a human master SM and have access to NE.
    The darkness can't hold me, I am the epitome of light. I have to shine, it's in my nature.

@paul, I'm not saying that he would stop functioning for minutes, but rather "literally skipping a heart beat" or three. The initial intake of NE is big enough that it instantly turns everyone of average chakra pool into a statue, Juugo himself suddenly bursts out from time to time too.

I guess we should really start with what NE is (the inability to use the advanced massages sure is a pain, the white box simply blocked...):
    Spoiler!

The requirement for "feeling" NE:
    Spoiler!

In other words, the moment that one can "feel" the NE, that person can control (if ha is able to) the flow of NE to, through and from his own body (so if too much is drawn, it can be simply sent out again). To even "feel" NE, one needs to stop his own flow as an "animal", which probably means that one has to become something more akin to "plant" or a "rock" (since plants are usually seen as closer to Nature than animals). From the looks of it, most of the time in entering Sage Mode takes up the concentration and procedure of becoming "motionless", seeing as NE is drawn instantly. Later on in the series, Naruto merely reduced the time he need to enter the "motionless" stage, which also resulted in him entering Sage Mode more quickly, or so it seems.

The bodies of the Jyuugo clan can likely produce something similar to the Frog Oil, that is why they can draw it even unknowingly. The Cursed Seal was also initially in a liquid state, made from Jyuugo's cells with added a bit of Orochimaru's Sage Chakra.

Also, this:
    Spoiler!

seems to confirm that all talking animals are actually descendants of humans that failed to master NE to some extend and lost their human forms... or at leas that's how it is for talking frogs...

Anyway, someone once mentioned that Tobirama's and Hashirama's mother might have been an Uzumaki, well that's possible if we take into consideration their characteristics, or rather Karin as a standard looking Uzumaki (she has red hair AND eyes). We know that Uzumaki that overuse their power loose the color of their hair into white-grayish - Tobirama and some of his brother had a color like that - what's more Tobirama himself is shown with red eye, which added with the previous trait, would mean that he fully inherited his mother's traits. The difference between Hashirama and Tobirama can be perhaps explained by that she might have lost her Uzumaki power sometime after giving birth to Hashirama, which would explain why the younger brothers of Hashirama had different traits than him.

The question I have is this: Am I the only one who feels this is leading to another series? Naruto's growth as a ninja still seems a little incomplete with him only mastering one elemental Jutsu and not fully mastering his element. On top of that compared to Sasuke, Naruto is still a Genin or Chunin at best. Naruto doesn't really have a diverse moveset, he just spams the hell out of the Rasengan and the Shadow Cone Jutsu. Plus, SM and KCM are really just buffers and giant transformation which really ain't all that special, seeing as how he did that with Boss Toad when he was twelve. Sasuke on the other hand, has pretty damn near maxed out BOTH of his elements, with Taijutsu he learned from Lee and Kakashi, the Sharingan, the techniques he received from Itachi, his own budding Genjutsu powers, throw in the Susano'o and the Hashirama power up with a EMS and you got a pretty complete ninja. My guess is this: The whole war is gonna end the Shippuden series and Naruto is gonna get one last shorter series that's gonna revolve around Naruto training to get stronger for the destined Sasuke vs Naruto fight. Naruto still has a lot to learn, and even with his insane strength levels, he still has a certain lack of maturity that I would like to see him continue to grow into. There isn't enough time with the current fight for him to do all of that. He still has to learn more powerful Jutsu and he has to learn a second element. He can do all of that in a close out series that truly ties up all the loose ends. It can be done. It should be done.
    The darkness can't hold me, I am the epitome of light. I have to shine, it's in my nature.