View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    3 75.00%
  • Great

    1 25.00%
  • So So

    0 0%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    The one and only Pure Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    382
    So ready to see all the new bankais... I wonder how long Ichigo's Bankai Name will be/

  2. #12
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    828
    The way Kubo does things and seeing as how Renji hadn't even known the full name of his Zanpakutou almost guarantees Ichigo has yet to discover his true Zanpakutou even after he recognized his true Zanpakutou however many chapters ago. This underwhelming split Zanpakutou deal is undoubtedly a precursor (possibly even a precursor to a precursor) of Ichigo's true Zanpakutou Bankai and Ultimate Form identity. Just wait. It'll happen.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,633
    Hmmmmm, only a bit of Renji's new clothes remained, but on the back of his remaining coat, what is that ?:
    Spoiler!

    could that be the Captain Division symbol (especially seeing as he is now well above average Captains) ? If yes, of which Division is it, the 8th that currently doesn't have a captain ? In that case, wouldn't it make Rikichi as the most likely candidate for being Abarai's VC (basing on their relationship that was shown only slightly (chapter 149) and the fact that he also has tattoos in strange places ;P) ?


  4. #14
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hmmmmm, only a bit of Renji's new clothes remained, but on the back of his remaining coat, what is that ?:
    Spoiler!

    could that be the Captain Division symbol (especially seeing as he is now well above average Captains) ? If yes, of which Division is it, the 8th that currently doesn't have a captain ? In that case, wouldn't it make Rikichi as the most likely candidate for being Abarai's VC (basing on their relationship that was shown only slightly (chapter 149) and the fact that he also has tattoos in strange places ;P) ?
    It's the shawl type thing that Senjumaru designed for him as part of his new outfit. I can't really make out if that is Division symbol or not, but he will almost certainly be made a captain after(if not before) this war is over. I hope Rukia becomes strong enough to get her own division as a captain, everyone who was special enough for the RG to train specifically should be a special somebody. Remember there were other captains and VCs in similar situations that did not go with.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hmmmmm, only a bit of Renji's new clothes remained, but on the back of his remaining coat, what is that ?:
    Spoiler!

    could that be the Captain Division symbol (especially seeing as he is now well above average Captains) ? If yes, of which Division is it, the 8th that currently doesn't have a captain ? In that case, wouldn't it make Rikichi as the most likely candidate for being Abarai's VC (basing on their relationship that was shown only slightly (chapter 149) and the fact that he also has tattoos in strange places ;P) ?
    Nah that couldn't be the symbol for the captains rank. The SKR guys wouldn't assign captains, it would be CC of SS. But he does look amazing now, and so confident and doesn't waste time with the kill, I like this. I hope SS vaporized from Renji's attack and not because he burned out or whatever
    A pie in the sky?

  6. #16
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    It's the shawl type thing that Senjumaru designed for him as part of his new outfit. I can't really make out if that is Division symbol or not, but he will almost certainly be made a captain after(if not before) this war is over. I hope Rukia becomes strong enough to get her own division as a captain, everyone who was special enough for the RG to train specifically should be a special somebody. Remember there were other captains and VCs in similar situations that did not go with.
    I hate to say it but at this point in this series, does Rukia really mean anything? I tried thinking back to the last meaningful accomplishment/role she's played in the series and outside of the Fullbringer arc, I've got nothing, and even reinstating Ichigo's powers as a Soul Reaper really wasn't that special...To me it appears as if Kubo is treating the kick butt characters that were introduced in the beginning of the series and grew threw the Aizen arc like over-powered second-thoughts these days. Renji, Ishida, Rukia, Byakuya, don't get me started on Orihime and Chad: they all seem to just hang around, get a massive, out-of-the-blue power-up, defeat someone supposedly important, and then find themselves delegated once more to the sidelines. In Rukia's case, it appears as if Kubo is simply treating her as a hollow strong female character to counter the male-heavy SS. Not to mention tease and likely by the end of this series, become Ichigo's love interest. Certainly, this arc could change all this apparent meaningless, but honestly, tell me what Rukia's done this far to deserve a captain's seat?

  7. #17
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    I hate to say it but at this point in this series, does Rukia really mean anything? I tried thinking back to the last meaningful accomplishment/role she's played in the series and outside of the Fullbringer arc, I've got nothing, and even reinstating Ichigo's powers as a Soul Reaper really wasn't that special...To me it appears as if Kubo is treating the kick butt characters that were introduced in the beginning of the series and grew threw the Aizen arc like over-powered second-thoughts these days. Renji, Ishida, Rukia, Byakuya, don't get me started on Orihime and Chad: they all seem to just hang around, get a massive, out-of-the-blue power-up, defeat someone supposedly important, and then find themselves delegated once more to the sidelines. In Rukia's case, it appears as if Kubo is simply treating her as a hollow strong female character to counter the male-heavy SS. Not to mention tease and likely by the end of this series, become Ichigo's love interest. Certainly, this arc could change all this apparent meaningless, but honestly, tell me what Rukia's done this far to deserve a captain's seat?
    I hear what you're saying... Kubo definitely tends to show some love to characters only to have that power up be rendered useless somehow and then completely forgets about said character for a few years. But, as far as what Rukia has done, she has defeated enemies supposedly far out of her power range a few times. One example is Espada #9. Sure he may have been the weakest of the Espada but even still, she defeated him solo when she wasn't even a VC and with no bankai. Let's for the sake of arguement see who else had defeated an espada:

    10/0 -- Took a bunch of Captains/VCs to take him out, most notably Kenpachi and Byakuya
    9 -- Rukia
    8 -- Mayuri
    7 -- Byakuya
    6 -- Ichigo
    5 -- Kenpachi
    4 -- Ichigo
    3 -- Hitsu(kinda)/Aizen(lol)
    2 -- Soi Fon/Hachi
    1 -- Ukitake/Kyoraku

    I think she is in pretty good company there, way ahead of any of the other potential captains/VCs except for Renji. Sure she may not be the most powerful but she is definitely talented with a ride array of skills and most of all she is smart.

  8. #18
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    I hate to say it but at this point in this series, does Rukia really mean anything? I tried thinking back to the last meaningful accomplishment/role she's played in the series and outside of the Fullbringer arc, I've got nothing, and even reinstating Ichigo's powers as a Soul Reaper really wasn't that special...To me it appears as if Kubo is treating the kick butt characters that were introduced in the beginning of the series and grew threw the Aizen arc like over-powered second-thoughts these days. Renji, Ishida, Rukia, Byakuya, don't get me started on Orihime and Chad: they all seem to just hang around, get a massive, out-of-the-blue power-up, defeat someone supposedly important, and then find themselves delegated once more to the sidelines. In Rukia's case, it appears as if Kubo is simply treating her as a hollow strong female character to counter the male-heavy SS. Not to mention tease and likely by the end of this series, become Ichigo's love interest. Certainly, this arc could change all this apparent meaningless, but honestly, tell me what Rukia's done this far to deserve a captain's seat?
    Hi,

    Right now AFAIK there is only one female captain and that's Soi-Fon. However, depending on whether she survived you might count Retsu Unohana (ex-Kenpachi). I personally think Soi Fon is dead or gonna die, so My idea is that Kubo need another Female Captain for the future and that Would be Rukia.

    Of course we should not forget former Captain Yoruichi. Anyhow, Rukia is there because she's always been there and excluding her will leave some gap in the story somehow.

    I also expect Kubo to significantly raise Rukia's power by the end of the series.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #19
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    I hear what you're saying... Kubo definitely tends to show some love to characters only to have that power up be rendered useless somehow and then completely forgets about said character for a few years. But, as far as what Rukia has done, she has defeated enemies supposedly far out of her power range a few times. One example is Espada #9. Sure he may have been the weakest of the Espada but even still, she defeated him solo when she wasn't even a VC and with no bankai. Let's for the sake of arguement see who else had defeated an espada:

    10/0 -- Took a bunch of Captains/VCs to take him out, most notably Kenpachi and Byakuya
    9 -- Rukia
    8 -- Mayuri
    7 -- Byakuya
    6 -- Ichigo
    5 -- Kenpachi
    4 -- Ichigo
    3 -- Hitsu(kinda)/Aizen(lol)
    2 -- Soi Fon/Hachi
    1 -- Ukitake/Kyoraku

    I think she is in pretty good company there, way ahead of any of the other potential captains/VCs except for Renji. Sure she may not be the most powerful but she is definitely talented with a ride array of skills and most of all she is smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Hi,

    Right now AFAIK there is only one female captain and that's Soi-Fon. However, depending on whether she survived you might count Retsu Unohana (ex-Kenpachi). I personally think Soi Fon is dead or gonna die, so My idea is that Kubo need another Female Captain for the future and that Would be Rukia.

    Of course we should not forget former Captain Yoruichi. Anyhow, Rukia is there because she's always been there and excluding her will leave some gap in the story somehow.

    I also expect Kubo to significantly raise Rukia's power by the end of the series.
    I hear what you both are saying, but even though your arguments are sound, they still don't really acknowledge the habitual tendency of Kubo to, every time a new arc is set to begin, re-introduce the original gang (Rukia, Renji, Orihime, Ishida, etc), portray them as having reached a new level of skill, imply they will finally play some integral part in story, only to tragically seemingly forget about how "important" they are to the story/arc. I understand Rukia generally comes through against all odds--she is a Kuchiki after all--but her defeating of Espada 9 was still wayyyyy back in the Aizen arc! It's frustrating that the female "face" of a series is continually, albeit occasionally characterized as this Captain level fighter, portrayed second-mindedly as a supporting character, a potential love interest, a "central" Soul Reaper, and worse, a strong female character upon which female readers can relate and idolize.

    Paulbee, to rationalize a character--a character who in fact began this entire series alongside Ichigo--as being in a story/arc just because she's always been there is a weak argument. Do I disagree with you? No. But again, shouldn't a character like Rukia who's essentially the catalyst from which this entire series began (namely, Ichigo realizing his Soul Reaper destiny through her inability to defeat the Hollow) have had more development and integration into a story prior to the last arc where the manga artist decides to hax her power level? The inconsistency of Kubo toward his secondary characters is as maddeningly frustrating as his heroic rollercoaster of Ichigo's power-ups.

  10. #20
    The one and only Pure Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    382
    To many "Unnatural Power-Ups".... The whole Royal Guard should arrive and defeat Bach instead of making an "A-Team" of people. Ichigo's story for the power up seems awesome.... but Renji's and Rukia's are way to forced.... Kenpachi's is still kinda of a mystery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •