• Ok

1 25.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Did anyone else notice how several if not all of the remaining combatants realized what was about to happen to Cavendish when Hakuba awoke? Pages 11-13 in particular show the combatants attempting to strike Hakuba before he KO slashed them. Considering the level of several of these combatants and the fact that they fell victim to the attack should speak towards Rebecca's ability to perceive AND dodge the attack. Interesting if Hakuba has some alterior motive for allowing Rebecca to stand as survivor of the block....

It was more like the moment he fell asleep they saw an opportunity where they could kill him quickly, not expecting hakuba.
    This hakuba stuff was totally random to begin with so who really knows..

Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    It was more like the moment he fell asleep they saw an opportunity where they could kill him quickly, not expecting hakuba.
    This hakuba stuff was totally random to begin with so who really knows..
    Yes, but on page 13 top with Suleiman and Orlumbus especially (look at the blur before him as he raises his whip) it appears they noticed Hakuba and even as they attempted to attack him they couldn't succeed. Regardless, this personality disorder will likely come into play again this arc.

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Is Cavendish only really sleeping when he has the bubble on his nose? Wich could mean that he isnt really sleeping or its hakuba that sleeps now.

Have to say, I'm slightly disappointed with this chapter. I hoped something more interesting would happen instead of Rebecca being the last one standing due to some deus ex machina. Nevertheless this arc has been very interesting so far. For some reason I also think that Rebecca wil get the Mera Mera no Mi at the end with concession of Luffy and Sabo.

The most disappointing part however was Doflamingo underestimating the Strawhats. Underestimating is actually an understatement. I thought he was a clever villain who thought things through.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    Have to say, I'm slightly disappointed with this chapter. I hoped something more interesting would happen instead of Rebecca being the last one standing due to some deus ex machina. Nevertheless this arc has been very interesting so far. For some reason I also think that Rebecca wil get the Mera Mera no Mi at the end with concession of Luffy and Sabo.

The most disappointing part however was Doflamingo underestimating the Strawhats. Underestimating is actually an understatement. I thought he was a clever villain who thought things through.
    While I agree Doflamingo's underestimation of the SHs at this point in the arc is a bit disappointing, the disproval of Doflamingo believing he had every possible outcome covered in his favor was inevitable. The SHs would have proved him wrong eventually. Law even alluded to the fact that Doflamingo, despite his seemingly foresight in protecting his endeavors, greatly underestimated the SHs from the get go. That said, I'm not sure Doflamingo really underestimates the SHs as much as he seems. After all, he has tabs on each of the threats, has installed safety measures like putting his top fighters to guard the factory entrances, and has even seemingly manipulated Luffy into a trap. If anything, Doflamingo has underestimated every other faction outside of the SHs and Law. He never planned on Thunder Soldier leading the Dwarves against him so therefore didn't plan that they would create the tunnel that would in fact allow the SHs to infiltrate the factory. Similarly, how could he have planned for some of the entrants in the Colosseum to appear and fight? As evident in this last chapter he has been surprised by the fact that King Riku and Rebecca both possibly joined in an attempt to overthrow him. Violet's betrayal (if indeed it remains a betrayal) didn't seem to hinder him that much up to this point, but currently, he knows nothing about the Revolutionary Army or Sabo being in Dressrosa. Indeed, he believes Luffy is still focused on winning his brother's DF in the tournament when in fact he's about to enter the Dressrosa Palace to save Law. In that regard, Doflamingo has simultaneously both underestimated and exploited Luffy's dedication to his friends. However, I still believe that Doflamingo has much more up his sleeve and that despite his momentary lapse into overconfidence (which may indeed be the moments that undo him in the end) Doflamingo has yet to reveal his true net of deception, manipulation, and destruction.

For me, when Luffy finally makes it before Doflamingo, Doflamingo is going to, albeit momentarily shocked and angry, sadistically make Luffy fight the friend he so desperately came to save: Law. Now isn't that a showdown Doflamingo couldn't resist making!

I don't see it as flamingo underestimating them, I mean I think hes probably treating them as he would any sizable threat. Now it may come out in the end looking like he underestimated them. But, the straw hats are getting pretty lucky again. I mean having Sabo just show up to cover for luffy, so flamingo has no idea he's made it out. Having bartolomeo show up as a massive fan boy. having the little dudes and solider have a pretty good plan put in place for the straw hats to just jump in too. They just generally get really really lucky sometimes. Like flamingo has no control over the straw hats just lucking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Naaah, its no luck its their ability to make friends everywhere

Interesting theory a friend of mine came up with. It is a real long shot and probably won't happen but I do like the idea behind it. Basically he said it would be cool if Nami might be able to use some of Sanji's moves from muscle memory, and maybe even haki. As I said, its not likely, not even close to likely, but it is a really cool idea.

Oh, and here is a picture he drew of the idea
    Spoiler!
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Interesting theory a friend of mine came up with. It is a real long shot and probably won't happen but I do like the idea behind it. Basically he said it would be cool if Nami might be able to use some of Sanji's moves from muscle memory, and maybe even haki. As I said, its not likely, not even close to likely, but it is a really cool idea.

Oh, and here is a picture he drew of the idea
    Spoiler!
    So does that mean Sanji could "sense" he has boobs and imagine they're Nami's?! O.o.......that's freaky.