0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One Piece 734 Discussion / 735 Predictions

Thought there would be new one, but no one posted it yet

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/734

You Become Someone, By Doing Something.

Just.. Epic.
    Spoiler!

Wow, I don't think anyone predicted that. Cavendish being the winner but then falling asleep? Wow. So if the personality comes out when he sleeps, how does he not look like Gaara? I'd think he'd get a few circles under his eyes from sleep loss. I mean, considering he fell asleep in the middle of a match he probably doesn't get much sleep, so Hakuba must come out every time he does sleep. I wonder if he even realizes when he is switching...
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

The first thing I thought off.. How can you be defeated when you are asleep ?

The other thing was;

Why was Hakuba not there when Rebecca was the last (wo)man standing?
    Because if Cavendish wasnt asleep.. He would have standed up (he wasnt injured or something?), And If he was asleep Hakuba would be there?

You Become Someone, By Doing Something.

Just.. Epic.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Galkie View Post
    The first thing I thought off.. How can you be defeated when you are asleep ?

The other thing was;

Why was Hakuba not there when Rebecca was the last (wo)man standing?
    Because if Cavendish wasnt asleep.. He would have standed up (he wasnt injured or something?), And If he was asleep Hakuba would be there?
    I think Hakuba might only control sleeping Cavendish if he wants to. Since he thought he had killed everyone he went back to normal sleep, not knowing Rebecca had survived.

Either that or Cavendish needs to rest after using Hakuba's strength.

I believe Cavendish went back to sleep because having Hakuba out leaves a toll on his body. Surely that boost in strength strains his body and as a result he is forced to sleep it off? Lol

Looks like Doffy is underestimating them again. I also suspect that the finals will be 3vs1, although if it is indeed Sabo, that would totally hurt his potential power level, unless he simply teamed up for the heck of it.

If Luffy undoes the "toy transformation" and all the toys join the SH revolution I honestly cannot see a situation that keeps Doffy and Issho competitive. Sure they're both power houses, but they would be vastly outnumbered and I''m sure they would be overrun.

Wow! A rare ass-pullish chapter from Oda. I mean, the plot generally works out to favor certain characters, but it's usually not this obvious. A foreshadowing that Cavendish was capable of something like this might have been in order--a random character recognizing and fearing for his life in front of him, something. Also bit of a wasted opportunity, as Rebecca should have been deflecting Hakuba's rapid attacks onto her opponents to devestating effect until he fell back asleep. But sure why not.

More disappointing though was to see Doflamingo do a complete personality 180 turn from intelligent, calculating, "I won't underestimate them" villain into a cackling, tied-up-victim taunting, "They could never [insert underestimation here]" final boss :-/

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Wow! A rare ass-pullish chapter from Oda. I mean, the plot generally works out to favor certain characters, but it's usually not this obvious. A foreshadowing that Cavendish was capable of something like this might have been in order--a random character recognizing and fearing for his life in front of him, something. Also bit of a wasted opportunity, as Rebecca should have been deflecting Hakuba's rapid attacks onto her opponents to devestating effect until he fell back asleep. But sure why not.

More disappointing though was to see Doflamingo do a complete personality 180 turn from intelligent, calculating, "I won't underestimate them" villain into a cackling, tied-up-victim taunting, "They could never [insert underestimation here]" final boss :-/
    Doflamingo is on a winning streak right now, don't blame him for being a little cocky. He has already set up a LOT of measures to make sure the straw hats don't win.

As for Cavendish, you are right. Oda could have played that a lot better then he did. Still, it is a cool plot point.

An alright chapter I suppose. Still trying to wrap my head around all this Cavendish-Hakuba dynamic. I'm curious if it's a DF ability or just a personality characteristic. Also, I think Bastille alluded to why Hakuba didn't win, namely that the toll on Cavendish isn't suited for this type of fighting. In other words, Cavendish "utilizes" this power like pre-time skip Luffy used Gear Third, but unlike Luffy, Hakuba has a side affect of causing Cavendish to fall asleep for some period of time. Idk but that's how I'm rationalizing it right now.

Can't wait for the SHs to truly shock Doflamingo and his cocky personality. Can't wait for the new SH bounties either. With so much happening and likely to happen in this arc, I will be flabbergasted if Issho doesn't issue new bounties for half the characters present in this arc. Furthermore, it irked me that Doflamingo considered Kinemon a SH. No I say...NO!

And has Violet pulled a double-double cross?!

One Piece

Seeing Franky get wrestled is too funny. He's huge! Can't wait to see Franky kick his ass! He still didn't show Sabo!

Did anyone else notice how several if not all of the remaining combatants realized what was about to happen to Cavendish when Hakuba awoke? Pages 11-13 in particular show the combatants attempting to strike Hakuba before he KO slashed them. Considering the level of several of these combatants and the fact that they fell victim to the attack should speak towards Rebecca's ability to perceive AND dodge the attack. Interesting if Hakuba has some alterior motive for allowing Rebecca to stand as survivor of the block....