• Average

0 0%
  • Could've been better

0 0%
  • I waited 3 weeks for this?

3 37.50%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    The Senju DNA enabled a Non Uchiha like Danzo to activate the Sharingan without the same drawbacks that Kakashi experiences, in addition to what You Said.

Somehow, I don't know how people can Spam Izanagi and become arrogant, when they go blind from using it. Seriously, have the Uchiha been stealing each other's eyes from time immemorial? If that's the case, then how do they hope to gain MS. You need a Twin Pair of powerful Sharingans for MS.
    From what I understood, only one of the Uchihas in big battles was supposed to be using Izanagi, to change the outcome in the favor of the clan (the problem arises when multiple people are using it for their own individual gain). Seeing as a lot of Uchiha were dying, in minor and mayor battles, probably even in winning ones, so of course they likely had an ample source of replacement for their eyes. So basically, in a battle were one Uchiha would use up one eye and if also at least one Uchiha died in that battle, they would already have eyes for the next 2 times (basing on how Izuna acted, it seemed to be a pretty standard procedure for them, since he was sure that it would work). The real problem is that medical ninjas didn't exist at that time (since it was Tsunade that introduced them to the warfare, which everyone copied), though we don't know if medics before the villages times were using chakra, or were simply performing by utilizing normal non-chakra methods...

If we take into consideration that Madara and Izuna were truly the first to awaken MS, it would mean that Uchiha never knew that their eyes held that power and instead they were trying to mimic So6p's power and created Izanagi. For them to not know that their eyes had other powers for such a long time is a bit suspicions, to the point that perhaps Elder Son himself didn't know. In that case it would mean that the fight between Elder and Younger son wasn't something as epic as (VotE) Hashirama vs Madara, but perhaps something more along Naruto's and Sasuke's battle at the rooftop (well ninjutsu was very young and undeveloped at the time of So6p's children, so it's possible).

He was referring to the True Izanagi, also knows as "Creation of All Things", which Izanagi was meant to mimic. Technically speaking, by possessing both powers, thus the So6p's power, one should utilizes Izanagi as he wishes, thus create and do anything (for the cost of an eye since it's still merely a copy of "Creation of All Things"). On the other hand, possessing only the Uchiha power, one can merely change a result/outcome (according to Itachi ), basically after experiencing a certain outcome, thanks to it, they were able to change it to the other possible, more favorable, outcome. In a way, it's like a "Save" ability in games, that allows you to revert reality to the point before the path split and chose the one you like, for example the one in which you don't die (of course they still had to create that "save point" before the decision).

The Uchiha used Izanagi for battles that they couldn't loose, so when the battles outcome turned out that they "lost", by utilizing the Izanagi they changed it to the one in which they "won", of course assuming that a possibility of wining indeed existed. This likely means that Uchiha partially survived thanks to this ability, that allowed them to choose a favorable outcome.

In Danzou's case, he was changing the "outcome" in which the arrow "hit" to the one in which the arrow "missed" (or he avoided it). That is why the reality in which he was "hit" disappeared as if it was a mirage or illusion.

On the other hand, basing on what Tobi said and what Konan implied, Tobi was able to use an Izanagi that was closer to "Creation of All Things" than Danzou's version. After all, basing on what Konan said, there was no avoiding it, thus a reality, or rather possibility, in which Tobi had "survived" the onslaught didn't not exist, thus he "created" that possibility, instead of simply "choosing" it from existing ones.

It's pretty powerful so it's no surprise that it is known as Uchiha's strongest jutsu. Of course, it has to be activated before the result is achieved (for example it has to be activated before the user is hit, that is why Danzou had it running throughout the whole fight, though it had a short time limit in his case).

Technically speaking is just your assumption? or is there an explicit reference to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakyamuni View Post
    Technically speaking is just your assumption? or is there an explicit reference to it?
    I am with you, but I like to grant Zero a licence to some creativity .

I think Kishimoto tripped himself up with some of this stuff. He initially limited Izanagi to those who posses Senju and Uchiha poweres, then... By the Time Sasuke and Itachi fought Kabuto, he broadened ity out to other Uchihas. To me, it is a contradiction that I am willing to overlook.

By the end of a long series, one might expect some inconsistencies to creep in.

As for the Original Izanagi (SO6P GRADE), it remains the purvue of the Sage of Six Paths alone, (Well and the Juubi, probably). I have taken issue with the terms "Creation of all things", since I don't believe that Kishimoto ever intended that Phrase (a descriptive phrase), to become a Name. I also doubt that native Japanese readers think of the Phrase as anything but a description of the Jutsu.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

@paulbee
    i think the same