Hybrid View

Retired Administrator

Xbox One or PlayStation 4?

Hey all,

I need the help of the younger folk out there. Should I get a Xbox One or a Playstation 4. Also providing your reasoning would be preferable.

Do either of these systems offer any sort of backwards compatibility?

Super Gamers go!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Playstation 4. While both are pretty similar and neither are backwards compatible, the PS4 has a better graphics card and can use the internet more freely than X-Box One (in which you have to pay for a lot of things the PS4 does for free). It also cost 100$ less, so that's a thing. Otherwise you should look at the exclusive games for both and choose which one has the most games you like. They both have good exclusive games coming out, so I can't really give it to one or the other there.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

PS4.

I'm a bit biased since I grew up with PS games.

I have never been a fan of XBOX. :|

But I do use XBOX controllers on my PC.

Retired Administrator
    Hmm, I already have Xbox live atm (at least another 11 and a bit months of it) as I got it for GTAV.

I'm not a super gamer so I'm always split on this stuff... maybe I'll just buy a dog instead..
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Alright. Let me being to state the only difference hardware wise is that PS4 is a better "Type" of Ram and that is all. They both get there hardware from "AMD". They won't use there full potential performance until 3-4 years by that time 2nd Generation of each system should be out. Games have a lot of catching up to do.
    PS4 - Gaming
    Xbox One- Multi-Tasking + Gaming + Entertainment.
    Have to pay for Online for both of them.

PS4, I'm a fan of Sony exclusives and eventhough Titanfall looks awesome I can always play that on PC. I've got my hands on both systems visiting couple of friends houses and that further reinforced my decision. My Xbone experience was a little too buggy (though I expect future patches to fix most of those issues) while my time with the PS4 and that lovely new dualshock 4 left me with a positive first impression.