Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    He has a the body of the Sage, doesn't mean he can't use the powers of the sage doesn't mean its limited by the eyes alone, he's the original owner of the Rinnegan... Obito and Nagato used, and Madara can turn it from Rinnegan to EMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I think Madara can currently only absorb attacks through his body, which is why his Armor fell to the ground in flames while his hair remained glorious.
    Oh good, I wasn't the only one who was laughing over his hair. xD It's like a L'Oreal advertisement!

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    Wait a minute...is Kishimoto saying that someone else attempted the whole "Two opposing bloodlines in one body" thing first?

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/657/6

If so, I wonder what became of the attempt.
    Manga Stream makes more sense.
    http://readms.com/r/naruto/657/2171/8

I think he is talking about this dude;
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-339-7/n...apter-334.html

Just using different cells, and a more completed version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    So, Madara was revived eyeless, interesting.
    Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. It would be too easy if he just magically got a new Rinnegan. I like how the Rinnegan is so rare, it makes the struggle to obtain it more interesting.

So, Madara is a sensor, since he sensed the ninjas and Hashirama, plus thanks to gaining the Senjutsu power, his sense allow him to outmatch the movements of an EMS wielding Uchiha.

Even without the eyes, Madara can suck ninjutsu, senjutsu chakra and bijuu chakra, so does this mean that one never needed the Rinnegan for it (so Rinnegan only provided information about the jutsu, while the jutsu can be used without Rinnegan ?) ?
    Madara still has the Sage's body and a ton of techniques but that doesn't mean that the Rinnegan is unnecessary. Think of all the powers he doesn't have without it. The Rinnegan still puts Madara on a completely different level. Even Nagato who had a very weak body was one of the most powerful ninja in the series simply because of the Rinnegan's power. Madara who now has an incredibly powerful body, when combined with the Rinnegan and his century of experience is going to be on a completely different level than any character we have seen so far.

Why did Madara bite himself to the blood ? Was it part of his sensor jutsu, or the immobility from the black rods, or something ?
    I think it was to release the black substance that is in his body. Remember how the black rods came out of the Heretical Demon Statue. I think that Madara's body is similar to that statue now that he has combined the bloodlines. Madara's hand seemed to be coated in his blood when he absorbed Hashirama's power.

The straight swirled Sharingan... did we need another term describing another aspect of the Sharingan ? From the looks of it, if it's a Straight Swirl, it enhances body movements, reflexes and flexibility, but if it's not a straight swirl, then does it enhance the soul instead of the body ?
    I don't think it's that simple. The Uchiha powers all come from the Sage's Spiritual abilities. Sasuke's sharingan obviously has differences from Madara's but I don't think its his body that's upgraded more likely it denotes a difference in his chakra and personality. Sasuke has always tended towards close range combat but that doesn't mean that its his body that is responsible for that.

So Madara has telepathic connection with his will/black rods... so, could he be capable of implanting his own thoughts into others ?
    As we saw with Pain the character rods allowed him to transmit his chakra into others. I think Madara is able to use the black substance to absorb, transfer, surpress and manipulate chakra in others. The black substance allows Madara to transfer his qualities and will into others. In the case of Black Zetsu, he was given Madara's will upon his creation so he is a pure follower of Madara's will.

Did Madara obtain Sasuke's EMS, or borrowed it's power somehow (in similar manner as he sucked the senjutsu ?) ? After the jutsu Sasuke covers his eyes and has the "!?" reaction, even though with his Sharingan, he should have seen that jutsu coming...
    I don't think so, I think that Sasuke covered his eyes because of the Fire Release ash technique. I think that was Madara's way of getting Sasuke out of the way temporarily without killing him. Madara knows exactly how to fight the Sharingan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I think Madara can currently only absorb attacks through his body, which is why his Armor fell to the ground in flames while his hair remained glorious.
    Yeah it seems to be a power related to his body. Personally I think it is somehow connected to the black substance that he manipulates. When Madara absorbed Hashirama's power his hand turned black. I think that black substance is one of the powers he obtained by mixing the Uchiha and Senju blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    He has a the body of the Sage, doesn't mean he can't use the powers of the sage doesn't mean its limited by the eyes alone, he's the original owner of the Rinnegan... Obito and Nagato used, and Madara can turn it from Rinnegan to EMS.
    Exactly, Madara has the cells of both the Elder and Younger Son's now so it makes sense that he would have powers that are beyond both the Uchiha and Senju. Madara's body isn't just limited to the Senju powers, Just as his eyes obtained a new level by combining the bloodlines it makes sense that his body would also receive upgrades from the merger.

I am really wondering what will happen when Madara gets his Rinnegan back. What is the difference between having one Rinnegan vs two? Obito only used a few of the Rinnegan abilities so I am curious if that was because he only had one of the Rinnegan eyes, there must be some advantage to having both eyes, sort of like how Kakashi can only use 1 Mangekyou technique instead of 3 like Itachi and Sasuke. I am also curious about what happened to the other Rinnegan. I wonder if Obito just left it in a jar along with the countless other Sharingans that he has. I also wonder if Black Zetsu knows where it is.

I still don't think that Madara will win this fight. The Allies still have a ton of powerful ninja who he hasn't fought. Minto, Tobirama, Hiruzen, Killerbee, Orochimaru and the 5 Kages are all still in reasonably good shape. Without the Rinnegan, I highly doubt that Madara can beat them all. When he fought the 5 Kages the last time he had the Rinnegan and Eternal Mangekyou, without all those powers he is going to have a much harder time against them. I think at best he might manage to capture a few of the Bijuu before something happens that forces him to flee. Then the next arc will involve the allies trying to hunt him down while he goes into hiding to continue with his experiments. I wouldn't be surprised if Killerbee and got captured while trying to save Naruto or something along those lines. That could motivate Naruto to do something drastic.

I think this battle will end with Minato giving Naruto the other half of the Kyuubi which will give Naruto the boost he needs to get back in the fight. Sasuke will also probably manage to form his ultimate Susanoo (upgrades seem to come from really intense combat). It will be enough of a boost that Madara will have to withdraw until he can obtain his other Rinnegan eye.

With Madara back to his full power he will start rebuilding his forces. Naruto will be stronger than ever before and the Allies will rally around him. Sasuke and Orochimaru will branch off and continue with the plans Orochimaru has been hinting at. That will set up the three major forces for the next arc.

Eh, I think you're reading too much into him drawing blood, that was just to be dramatic and confirm both for himself and them that he was indeed alive again.

One thing I don't get:

Madara revived/transfered without his eyes, but with the Hashirama face on his chest. does this mean that Madara had the Hashirama face on his chest when he died? Hence when he was revived, the face remained on him. If this is so, why then did he not have the Same Sharingans that he died with as he was revived?

If Madara didn't have the face, but revived into a body modeled after the Edo Tensei wherein his Soul was housed, Should he not then also keep the Rinnegans from the Edo tensei too?

Kishi is fudging something here, I think.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I have Madara with Human Path sucking out 1-7 bijuu spiritual chakra. I'm expecting the same effect such Kurama shrinking in size. With the remaining bijuu, I have them hiding in naruto with Kurama extending his hand to open and closing them within naruto. Madara should be able to get the 8 and 9 from B and Minato. I have Sasuke obtaining the full power susano with a few other abilities such as constant ameratsu or black flame and some genjutsu He should be a few notch away from naruto but naruto will be on a time limit. Then the battle begin, Naruto might die but return in the next series or timeskip. I have Sasuke as Hokage with neji as advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    One thing I don't get:

Madara revived/transfered without his eyes, but with the Hashirama face on his chest. does this mean that Madara had the Hashirama face on his chest when he died? Hence when he was revived, the face remained on him. If this is so, why then did he not have the Same Sharingans that he died with as he was revived?

If Madara didn't have the face, but revived into a body modeled after the Edo Tensei wherein his Soul was housed, Should he not then also keep the Rinnegans from the Edo tensei too?

Kishi is fudging something here, I think.
    Well, there might be a trick in it. In the first place, we don't know how Kabuto managed to enhance the ET body of Madara, or rather why wouldn't he had done the same for others, if he could (especially for those weaker ETs) ? Perhaps the answer to is that Kabuto modified Madara's real dead body, which had influence his ET body when he was revived (which means that he didn't have the other bodies as whole) ?

Madara seems to imply that his current Hashirama face is indeed thanks to Kabuto/Oro, or rather, he actually says that Kabuto/Oro had showed this to him (what they did with the ET body), which might mean that while Madara was reviving, he implemented the same thing into his now revived body. For example, while being revived, he might have remapped his own Zetsu/Hashirama Cells, to the form that Kabuto showed him, which proved to give better results ?

I always remember this page.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/560/15

There is a secret to his body, and Madara tells Kabuto not to misunderstand where his power came from. I think we may be giving Kabuto a little too much credit for Madara's current appearance.

but then there's this page.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/561/9

We all know Kabuto did something to increase his Jukai and Mokuton, but was his work on Madara the reason there is a manifestation of a Hashirama head on his chest? He looked down his shirt as if he were trying to confirm something. There is a secret to his body, and he personally extracted cells from Hashirama. I can't say Kabuto takes full credit for the protrusion on his chest. And that may be why, after returning to the world once more that he is the way he is. On the other hand, it could be because he was Edo Tensei first, but if that were the case, theoretically, he should have his eyes back too. So if Kabuto is the reason, and he maintained it even still, what's going on with the eyes? I guess if he did return with them, there would be a bit of a plot-hole given that his Rinnegan would then be technically cloned. So I'm not entirely sure if this is on Kishi, or if it's something we're missing, misunderstanding, or jumping to conclusions before a proper explanation is revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by janfeae View Post
    I always remember this page.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/560/15

There is a secret to his body, and Madara tells Kabuto not to misunderstand where his power came from. I think we may be giving Kabuto a little too much credit for Madara's current appearance.

but then there's this page.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/561/9

We all know Kabuto did something to increase his Jukai and Mokuton, but was his work on Madara the reason there is a manifestation of a Hashirama head on his chest? He looked down his shirt as if he were trying to confirm something. There is a secret to his body, and he personally extracted cells from Hashirama. I can't say Kabuto takes full credit for the protrusion on his chest. And that may be why, after returning to the world once more that he is the way he is. On the other hand, it could be because he was Edo Tensei first, but if that were the case, theoretically, he should have his eyes back too. So if Kabuto is the reason, and he maintained it even still, what's going on with the eyes? I guess if he did return with them, there would be a bit of a plot-hole given that his Rinnegan would then be technically cloned. So I'm not entirely sure if this is on Kishi, or if it's something we're missing, misunderstanding, or jumping to conclusions before a proper explanation is revealed.
    Love it Janfae... that is some smooth thinking, and I agree.

However, What you are saying would imply that somehow, Madara has incorporated Hashirama's cells so deeply into himself that Rinnetensei restored them along with him, on a level deeper than the Uchiha Eyes he had transplanted into himself while he was in the cave with Obito.

It also implies that Rinne tensei won't restore missing body parts if those parts were separated from the main body at the time of death, although that may be time dependent. So if your hand was chopped off before your heart was pierced to kill you, Rinne Tensei may or may not restore you with the hand you lost depending on how long it was before death that you lost the hand?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !