• So So

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ILL_TBAG_U View Post
    ^Saying "He could hold his own" against Isshou was a poor choice of words on my part. I have no doubt Zoro would of have gotten his ass handed to him. I was merely trying to say that even knowing that he would he get his ass handed to him, I also have no doubt that zoro would of have gotten a "decent" hit on Isshou. I love Sanji but i have to admit that there appears to be a pretty big disparity between him and Zoro at the moment. Do you honestly believe Zoro would of have struggled against Vergo the way Sanji seemed like he would of have if they'd continued to fight? and I also can't believe Law is that much stronger Zoro, and Law took out Vergo pretty easily once he got his heart back.
    Yes, as I mentioned, Sanji hasn't performed the best in the past two arcs. I'm as upset with his lack of power as the next people, maybe more because Sanji, despite his position in the crew, is continually underappreciated because Luffy and Zoro (understandably) supersede him. I agree, Zoro probably would have handled Vergo a bit better, but Vergo was known for his Armament Haki and Law is a Supernova/Warlord level pirate. He took on Isshou AND Doflamingo! Again, yes, unfortunately Sanji hasn't shown much to close the power 'gap' between the MT, but I have faith in him. He's about to take on Big Mom's ship essentially by himself. Not meaning to belittle the rest of the crew though....

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    lol, it's amazing how you mentioned "fanboy-gasms" and then went on to speculate and half represent situations to look more favorably for Sanji, even ending it with "Sanji will return with a vengeance!".

Like, you compare Luffy having the O2 sucked out of him by the Gas-Logia on par with Sanji having his leg cracked by someone else's leg. No one in their right mind is saying Zoro/Luffy would beat an Admiral, or even Flamingo - but you are belittling him being able to counter attack an Admiral as soon as he was hit (the Admiral even mentioning it was a strong hit).

Of course Sanji will remain the 3rd strongest in the crew. The question is how close is will Sanji be closer to Luffy/Zoro or Franky. Right now he looks more on par with the former.
    Yeah, I didn't mean it to sound like I'm going all Bartolomeo over Sanji lol He just takes a lot of belittling it seems as of late, though I agree and even mentioned he hasn't shown much the past two arcs. Sanji did get a similar compliment about his kicks from Doflamingo, so your Admiral compliment toward Zoro is voided there. My point about Luffy revolves around the issue of him being captain: should a captain really lose? Mm, probably not. Yet Luffy does. Hell, even Zoro has several times since vowing to never lose again been outmatched and "lost" (Skypeia, SA, FI (being captured), PH (being knocked out by KPY gas or whatever). I have no problem with this, because it's all about creating a believable story where the protagonists will always face uncertainty in who they face, which makes both their defeats and triumphs that more powerful. I don't want Luffy and crew to always have the upper hand and victory-winning power; aka, I don't want Bleach or Fairy Tail. Therefore, the crew having loses or disparities of power between levels on all levels isn't bad, it's necessary. This necessity then makes the development of the crew much more fulfilling when they must once again overcome unbelievable challenges even after two years of growing stronger. Hell, this in turn shows how merciless the NW is. I guess my main point is that Sanji, regardless of how he's performed thus far in the NW, has always been closer to Zoro and Luffy than people have given him credit for, as has much of the crew.

This chapter was pure awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't mean it to sound like I'm going all Bartolomeo over Sanji lol He just takes a lot of belittling it seems as of late, though I agree and even mentioned he hasn't shown much the past two arcs. Sanji did get a similar compliment about his kicks from Doflamingo, so your Admiral compliment toward Zoro is voided there. My point about Luffy revolves around the issue of him being captain: should a captain really lose? Mm, probably not. Yet Luffy does. Hell, even Zoro has several times since vowing to never lose again been outmatched and "lost" (Skypeia, SA, FI (being captured), PH (being knocked out by KPY gas or whatever). I have no problem with this, because it's all about creating a believable story where the protagonists will always face uncertainty in who they face, which makes both their defeats and triumphs that more powerful. I don't want Luffy and crew to always have the upper hand and victory-winning power; aka, I don't want Bleach or Fairy Tail. Therefore, the crew having loses or disparities of power between levels on all levels isn't bad, it's necessary. This necessity then makes the development of the crew much more fulfilling when they must once again overcome unbelievable challenges even after two years of growing stronger. Hell, this in turn shows how merciless the NW is. I guess my main point is that Sanji, regardless of how he's performed thus far in the NW, has always been closer to Zoro and Luffy than people have given him credit for, as has much of the crew.
    Losses pre-skip don't apply since we are only talking about the Monster Trios relative power-ups. And Zoro didn't even fight back when he was caught in FI, as for the gas that knocked Zoro out in PH, it also knocked out Sanji (in Nami's body though).

Aside from Franky I never put ANY of the crew members near Luffy/Zoro/Sanji - when Brook was first shown I had some hope, but after seeing the fight with that zombie Samurai I pretty much knew where he was in terms of power. (also I should add, I think Chopper could turn out just as strong as the monster trio - it just wont happen during the comic since I doubt there would be another skip)

It's been stated by Oda that no member will be stronger then Luffy/Zoro/Sanji - so the only question is how far apart each of them are to each other. I think the current power ranking are like..

Luffy/Zoro - Sanji/Franky - Robin/Brook - Chopper - Usopp/Nami

Each "-" is like step down. (although I think Chopper could be stronger then Robin/Brook, his most powerful move has a MAJOR weakness)
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)