Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Well, consider he threw his heart away. I think that the only weakness to this transformation is a time limit. Once the heart stops beating (or rots), he will ultimately die. It could be a short period of time, not giving him enogh time to kill as may enemies as he'd like. And the fact he cannot be killed doesn't mean he can't be restrained, sealed, knocked out.

Yep, Aizen is immortal and look where it got him, restrained and belted up to a chair .

I think that the transformation is already wearing off, since a shadow/mirage/illusion/outline of his wolf body was already shown:
    Spoiler!

He probably has left like one strike left, which thanks to Hirako, will likely connect, assuming that Bambietta indeed survived the current slash.

Ah, I still remember when Soi Fong, Tousen, Komamura and Hitsugaya were the weakest captains and now Komamura is probably like in the top 4, lol :p.

Edit:

here is some colored Sajin (man-wolf):
    http://www.zerochan.net/1623707
    and here is some colored Ichigo (new clothes):
    http://www.zerochan.net/1618568
    http://www.zerochan.net/1620005
    Last edited by Zero; 11-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.

If Komamura's bankai is pure particles now, and his "health" is still linked with the bankai, does that mean that if Bambi absorbs those particles, she will kill herself by inadvertently taking in the damage she dished out? ATM, Komamura is an immortal, so I think it would be a nice way to have her get killed off pretty easily without too much of his powers being revealed.

Damn, I can't believe Komamura became such a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    If Komamura's bankai is pure particles now, and his "health" is still linked with the bankai, does that mean that if Bambi absorbs those particles, she will kill herself by inadvertently taking in the damage she dished out? ATM, Komamura is an immortal, so I think it would be a nice way to have her get killed off pretty easily without too much of his powers being revealed.

Damn, I can't believe Komamura became such a bad ass.
    It's the other way around, his Bankai no longer has any Spirit Particles/Reishi and is made from pure power, pure Reiatsu/Spiritual Pressure. Thus, being only made from Reiatsu, she can't absorb it (Quincy can only absorb Reishi/Spirit Particles), as well as being from pure Reiatsu, she can't insert her own Reiatsu into his Reiatsu (Reiatsu can only push or block another Reiatsu, as well as Reiastu can physically alter Reishi, like Kenpachi destroying building by releasing his Spiritual Pressure/Reiatsu alone, or Aizen stopping Soifon's shikai with his Reiatsu only), she can only insert Reiatsu into Reishi. That is why her Reiatsu was simply dispersing Komamura's Reiatsu and not exploding. That is why, Komamura's Bankai, now devoid of Reishi/Spirit Particles, can now instantly recover by simply regathering the scattered Reiatsu/Spiritual Pressure.

Bambietta's technique/power, the "Explode", works by putting her Reiatsu into Reishi and turning that object/particle into a bomb (by reconverting the structure of the Reishi/Object/Particle into a bomb). She is the first shown Quincy capable of manipulating Reishi and changing it's form from a far (like hundreds or more meters away), without the need to absorb it first.

Komamura's current Bankai can be compared to something like a phantom, or poltergeist, since it no longer has a (spiritually) physical form, though it is capable of interacting with physical (spirit) objects. Thus, both he and his Bankai, had achieved a different form of temporary immortality, though it's possible that someone like Awakened Kenpachi, might have been able to simply blow it away by releasing his own Reiatsu (Quincy tend to have weak Reiatsu themselves).

In theory, could Bambietta Basterbine, Use this, and take control of his bankai once again?

Sklaverei (聖隷 (スクラヴェライ), Sukuraverai; German for "Slavery", Japanese for "Holy Slave"): Uses the most basic ability to gather Reishi in the most powerful way, by enslaving it. It can literally tear away the components that make up spiritual based objects such as those that make up Hueco Mundo and Soul Society as well as the bodies of spiritual beings. When the body of a spiritual being is affected by this power, Quilge can literally assume the characteristics and associated capabilities of his victim.[52][53] However, the transformation is not permanent, as the power absorbed eventually vanishes
    Opie used it againist Ayon and he was part hollow.

Thanks for clearing that up Zero. Now to the bigger issue. Is Komamura top dog now (see what i did there). I mean, If his bankai heals itself and he is invincible in his human form, can he be beaten while in this form, or does his opponents have to wait until he reverts back to the dog/wolf form? I expect that a blow to his heart would kill him, even in this "immortal" form, but is there any why to take him out otherwise?

Im reading this as either Komamura is now immortal and his current human state is time limited, or he is immortal and he is time limited and when its over he will die. idk im kinda confused, we need this fight to be over so there will be some clarification on him. I hope Komamura doesn't die now :(
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    In theory, could Bambietta Basterbine, Use this, and take control of his bankai once again?

Opie used it againist Ayon and he was part hollow.
    Did you even read the other posts before posting yourself? Read Zero's explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up Zero. Now to the bigger issue. Is Komamura top dog now (see what i did there). I mean, If his bankai heals itself and he is invincible in his human form, can he be beaten while in this form, or does his opponents have to wait until he reverts back to the dog/wolf form? I expect that a blow to his heart would kill him, even in this "immortal" form, but is there any why to take him out otherwise?
    You are welcome, though it depends strongly on the translation, since they explain quite a bit in this chapter .

I think that Komamura is somewhere in the top 4 of the current captains (not counting Ichigo since it wasn't yet confirmed and excluding the dead or ex-captains, or MIA - like Unohana for now and excluding the Zero Division since they are not part of the Gotei 13). Those at the top are of course: The Awakened Kenpachi (this one is obviously the first place since he is the trump card), then there are Komamura, Kyouraku and Ukitake (it's hard to place their places).

While Kenpachi's spot is pretty obvious (now he is indeed the Strongest Captain of the Gotei 13), it's not so easy for the rest. Komamura sure is now immortal for the time being and can take unimaginable damage while still being capable of attacking with his full power, so he is quite a beast so to speak, for the time being that is (he can still be overpowered, like Ichigo did with H-C|Aizen and then await until his immortality runs out).

Then there is Kyouraku, his Bankai might be really powerful, or simply uncontrollable basing on his Shikai. Seeing as his Shikai activates it's power on it's own whim and influences everyone that is within the range of his/its reiatsu, it's pretty dangerous to use while his allies are around, even more so might be for his Bankai, which is probably why Ukitake stopped him from using it when people were around. Seeing as his Shikai's power was child games, it's possible that his Bankai revolves around adult games. You know like hazard where everyone's life, within the range, is at stake, or like Russian Roulette, that everyone in range is forced to play and the survival is based on luck.

Finally we have Ukitake, sure by himself, which his poor health, he doesn't seems like a beast (Kubo did mention that he will be in top condition for the final arc, so who knows ), but that highly depends on his Bankai. His Shikai's power, one could say, consists of directing, enhancing and pacing the flow of energy. Now, basing on that, it's possible that his Bankai will simply do the same thing, but on a greater scale. Now here is where the interesting part begins, let's first go back to the fight between Kyouraku and Sado. In that fight, Kyouraku explains that there are 2 types of techniques, one that ends when the energy runs out and the other one that continues by burning the user's life after the energy runs out (this is the first and last time that it is mentioned; it's also not explained how he came to know such a thing). Now, we have Ukitake that, IIRC after certain fight lost the color of his hair and became sick. Yeah, what I'm implying is that Kyouraku might have known that, perhaps because it applies to Ukitake's Bankai, which would explain why he won't use it often as well as the reason to why he has seemingly incurable illness and the lose of his hair color. For example, Ukitake's Bankai might even able at redirecting or strengthening the attacks with his own life, or simply shooting his life towards the enemy as an powerful energy attack, or something.
    Last edited by Zero; 11-14-2013 at 04:06 PM.

I am afraid that Komamura taking Damage, may not die at this time, but he is not trully immortal, and there will likely be a consequence for the amount of time he is without his heart. Perhaps the heart itself may stop beating and when it does he dies too.

Another Captain (former) who may have a really powerful bankai is Urahara. His Sword Benihime has some interesting techniques including his red mist sheild, and his laser like beam. I imagine the power would be even greater in Bankai. Let us also not forget our Were Cat Former Captain Yoruiichi.

Interestingly, now that Kenpachi can once more talk to his Zanpakutou, he likely has a Bankai, although I can't honestly see him using one, except if it turns him into a Mega Zord or Behemoth with Adamantium Heiro or something

I guess There are several contenders for the top dog position.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !