The Man in/on The Moon..er, what Man?

I remember when I was a wee lad, my mother and I stood outside one night, and she pointed to the Sky, and asked me to wave at the Man on the Moon. She would also say "Hello Beautiful Moon"

I'm truly sorry Mom, I never could see any man or even a face on the Moon. Fif "disability"ty years later, I still can't see that Man. I've checked google, and asked friends, but to me there is nothing in the Moon that remotely resembles anything like a human, human features, or even parts of a human.

Well does anyone else share my "disability"?

I wonder if my inability to see any semblance of humanoid features in the Moon has any bearing with my difficulty with some Mangas, such as Bleach. I have even begun refering to Bleach images as Kuboglyphics (as in Hieroglyphics). Another manga which image's I sometimes find challenging is SoulCartel. I did enjoy the recent battle between Mephistopheles and the Golem brought forth by the Supreme Witch, but I would have missed most of it if not for my Artistic 14yr old daughter Olivia helping me out.

So what say you, I'm still open to being swayed, if one of you cuys could show me the Man in the moon.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

...um, wasn't your mother referring to some kind of folktale regarding humanoids living on the moon (there are quite a bit of those), or something like that (myths, legends, stories, fantasies, sci-fi, bedtime stories, etc) ? You know, moon people, or the moon man, or the moon as man, brunestud of the crimson moon, the moon bunnies, sailor moon, moonlight wolf, the black moon wolverine, the white moon princess and the like.

I'm quite sure she wasn't Zero. For the longest time that I can remember, people have looked at the moon and seen shapes, images or suggestions of such, all of which related to a human face or body. Someone even said they saw the figure of someone chopping down a tree.

I fail miserably at imaginative tasks, I guess.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I'm quite sure she wasn't Zero. For the longest time that I can remember, people have looked at the moon and seen shapes, images or suggestions of such, all of which related to a human face or body. Someone even said they saw the figure of someone chopping down a tree.

I fail miserably at imaginative tasks, I guess.
    Spoiler!

or..
    Spoiler!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Imagination is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Retired Administrator
    Well I strongly believe even to this day the Moon landings were faked. You can't land on cheese, it's madness. I can't believe anyone really thinks America went to the Cheese moon.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here