Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Well... okay... so the chapter was a bit pointless but it still kept Obito in character. I hope he kills himself or Madara kills him, that would be a lot better than him converting to Naruto's side. Come to think of it, his Bijuu was removed right? So shouldn't he die now?
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    lol. Honestly, I enjoy your criticism. @ genesis1.0

I've been having conflicted feelings about the Naruto manga as of late, and of Obito specifically as a character. It makes perfect sense for Obito to be redeemed in the end, considering how Kishi initially presented him in such a golden light during the Kakashi Gaiden. Though his sudden jealousy and similar characteristic flaws like loneliness and self-conscious perspective would have been nice to be included in the Gaiden since his conversion to the dark side did seem REALLY sudden and drastic. But I suppose very few have escaped the curse of the Uchiha's dark chakra released in the brain when under severe trauma. Still, Kishi has done a better job at developing Sasuke, which I still believe isn't as good as some believe.

I kind of expect Sasuke to pierce Obito through the back with Chidori(or an Enton technique) a few second after he's forgiven and accepted by Naruto, followed by Sasuke stating something along the lines of, "Because of you, our clan is dead, and the village my brother gave his life for almost destroyed. Naruto may have forgiven you, but I won't. Die/burn." Then Naruto will be like, "Saaaasuke!!!! What have you done!?" Sasuke's real self and heart has yet to be sincerely and completely redeemed, it's still up to Naruto to really save his soul, not Itachi; and it will probably be at the sacrifice of Naruto's own life; it takes that kind of real concern for another to save the spirit of someone that has been through as much and thereby heavily tainted as Sasuke.

A good chunk of me can't help but feel Kishi's pace as of late to be rather slow. I'm left wanting and unfulfilled most weeks; it also feels like set-up chapter after set-up chapter. I don't even like Obito too much personally, but objectively speaking, he's great for the stpry-plot, and ties the past and present for many characters, like Kakashi. And Kishi should take his time with Obito, I just wished he did a better job, less repeating with the same phrases, less of the same, and brought something new and exciting every chapter, etc. This bijuu chakra tug-of-war is a perfect example, as well as the Susano'o-wearing Kyuubi.

Also, believe it or not. I wish Kishi took more time with the actual war, and given some more screen time(as well as battle time) and development to other characters since things are seemingly coming to a close. A few heartfelt chapters Neji and his father, as well as the concept of freedom and free will, acceptance of duty to protect others(Hinata) would have brought true closure and more of an impact to his death and destiny as a Hyuuga. And this is just one example. So much potential was ignored and the story was rushed through, only to bring it to the current turtle pace; as well as the painful awareness that these side characters are really just that, side characters... LOL. Kishi did a much better job in part 1 of his series at making the side characters at least, coming across as important as main characters. Primarily through their battles, in the chuunin exams and Sasuke retrieval arc,etc. Even in part 2, Kishi did a good job, until it came to this war.

I'm not saying I could write a better story, I'm just saying Kishi left much potential pass by wasted.

It's Naruto's fate to eventually become the jinchuuriki of the Juubi, as inhertor of the Sage's body and the younger son's ideal. While Sasuke's destiny has always been to surpass Madara and become a true inheritor of the Sage's Godly eyes (which may be the sharingan rinnegan or just the elder son's swirly eyes) and become a fit vessel for the elder's brother's ideal (which is to truly want peace to see power as the way to attain it, Sasuke was not fit for such a role when he was just revengful and destructive, but that has changed since his encounter with Itachi. Now he can truly replace the elder son of the Sage, and be converted to the path of love by having a final and epic fight with Naruto, both at them at their peak.)

This chapter was revolved around Obito, but it's been a while since I've wrote on this forum so I've branched out a bit into other topics. Hope you all enjoy the read... PEACE!
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

A Recap.

Obito is back to Just being Hashirama enhanced Obito, with a Half Zetsu and Half Obito Uchiha body. A Sharingan in right eye, and a Rinnegan in the left eye.

The Juubi is now stuck as a Shell of Its Shinju self (just like the Geddou Mazou was a Shell of the Juubi ).

The Bijuus are Currently Chillin out in the Open, Getting re-oriented to being themselves and once again possessing free will.

Edo Uchiha Madara is still off to one corner,.............fighting with Edo Hashirama.

The Allied Ninja and Samurai forces are rejoicing, ...........thinking they have just won.

Minato and Especially TOBIRAMA, are probably thinking......It can't be that easy, can it?.

Kakashi (The Extra-Dimensional Voyeur) is probably also wondering if this really is it.

Some Loose Ends:

Madara's backup plan /
    The Sage's DNA Sword (or was it just mere hype?)/
    The Bijuus if not inside a host are fair game for Madara to snap up.......

About the Pace of the Manga:

Yes, I do agree that the pace has been slow, maybe even redundant at times. The thing is though, that I don't mind the slowness and redundancy, even though I do understand that other fans may mind it and may even dislike it. I can't and don't blame them for it.

I want to note however that from my POV, since the Manga will end relatively soon, I wish (LIKE OROCHIMARU), to slowly savour every last drop of it, slow as it may be, knowing that once it ends, my participation in Manga forums may also end, save for Bleach. I guess I am not in any hurry to reach the end of nearly TEN Years of fun with you guys. Well, considering the fact that I get to read the Manga every week for free, I just can't find any real reason to be hasty.

This just how I see things
    Last edited by paulbee; 11-06-2013 at 08:06 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Another thing that bothers me, Why doesn't Obito have Eye Damage yet in his sharingan. I could see the Senju DNA, prolonging it, but I wonder why he isn't blind yet.

Wonder how Madara will make his big play and if so, why won't it be a repeat of fighting Obito. As it stands, Obito was the strongest character in the narutoverse and he got taken down pretty easily with minimal loss of main characters. So, even if Madara takes over, he needs to step up the assault to make it interesting again.

Logic,

the only way that makes any kind of sense is that we actually haven't seen him activate the MS portion of his sharingan that much (even with the self teleporting, phasing through attacks, and other abilities his eye has shone). i believe like 90%+ of it has been with the 3 tomoe sharingan active (unless hes been able to power it up and down so fast no one notices (at which point, even the senju cells in him from Zetsu shouldn't be keeping that eye from being useless).

I'm usually wrong, but I work with what is in front of me
    come fight my brute here

Obito uses his MS, It's not a EMS, Even though he has Senju cells, I still feel like he should have a little Eye damage.

Who knows why Hashirama cells are super magical for Uchiha using mangekyo jutsu, it doesn't bother me that much. After all Uchiha blood plus Hashirama cells means being able to wield the rinnegan if not awaken it. As power ups go that's definitely up there, who wants to bet that Sasuke might harass Orochimaru to implant some H-cells, if he can steal a rinnegan off Obito then he'd be set to challenge Naruto's immense power.

I still wonder about the whole family line of the Sage, also wouldn't The sages DNA be diluted after generations, and wouldn't that mean the Rinnegan Madara has now, might not be full power, and fully awaken into maybe.. a Mangekyou Rinnegan, that looks more like the Juubi's Eye, also Is the Juubi Tree still there? Couldn't Madara control the tailed beast with his eyes now and cause havoc between the tailed beast and the army.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Logic View Post
    I still wonder about the whole family line of the Sage, also wouldn't The sages DNA be diluted after generations, and wouldn't that mean the Rinnegan Madara has now, might not be full power, and fully awaken into maybe.. a Mangekyou Rinnegan, that looks more like the Juubi's Eye, also Is the Juubi Tree still there? Couldn't Madara control the tailed beast with his eyes now and cause havoc between the tailed beast and the army.
    Yes the Sages blood lines have been diluted, that is why Hashirama has the greatest Life Force in recorded history since the Younger Son, and Madara (or Sasuke) has the greatest Spiritual Energy.

I personally doubt that Madara can awaken any upgrade of his Rinnega, and Yes there is a danger that Madara might recapture the Bijuus, but short of a Booby Trap technique he had preprogramed into the Geddou, and/or gret stupidity in the Alliance and the Bijuus themselves I would think it unlikely that Madara would be able to recapture them.

For Madara to control a Bijuu with his eye power alone, they have to make eye contact.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !