Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    coloor kage version

The colorized version of this chapter adds more depth to the conversation between Naruto and Obito. You guys should check it out if you haven't already seen it yet.

Loved it.
    Depth ? I think that you meant blur .

It's a bit funny, at one page Naruto has normal hair, then his hair looks like it was rasenganed and then it's normal again ;P. Hard to be consistent when a few people work at the same thing ehh ? Also, they use hard black lines at times, then thin colored ones. Couldn't they at least agree to do it all the same way ? It's pretty awkward when two different pages are referring to the same picture/photo, that is differently colored on each one of them.... At times they make that the flames give pink light, yet at times they make that they don't give any light . Oh man, they can't even use the same colors for one character... I mean come on, can't they make one palate of colors for reoccurring characters, so that at least that would have been consistent ? It seems more like this is made from random colored pages, instead of something made by a team.

LoL, bluntman, don't make it even more awkward :

especially that after he said it, in the next chapter, he started seeing his dead lover in Naruto :p...

Zero, I am not an Artist so I don't notice the imperfections, However I find that for me at least, color (however imperfectly done, helps me to differentiate contiguous objects from the background and from other objects. I can actually follow the actiion better from panel to panel.

My conclusion is that I like/love colour Kage, and I wish they would colourize Bleach. All that Kuboglyphics in Bleach has greatly diminished my ability to understand what is being depicted.

So after considering everything, YES I love the depth that Colourization brings out, and I want ColorKage to keep on with their good work, and If they can, they should improve to include the points that you have mentioned in your critique of them.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Zero, I am not an Artist so I don't notice the imperfections, However I find that for me at least, color (however imperfectly done, helps me to differentiate contiguous objects from the background and from other objects. I can actually follow the actiion better from panel to panel.

My conclusion is that I like/love colour Kage, and I wish they would colourize Bleach. All that Kuboglyphics in Bleach has greatly diminished my ability to understand what is being depicted.

So after considering everything, YES I love the depth that Colourization brings out, and I want ColorKage to keep on with their good work, and If they can, they should improve to include the points that you have mentioned in your critique of them.
    Well, I'm not saying that they should stop or anything like that, neither that they have to be consistent with each other, nor the manga (when they have colored pages from Kishimote they could have based their coloring on it, you know , for example it shows that the red flames are actually numinous and seemingly don't give any light). I'm just saying that they aren't consistent, which is strange for a group project (normally it should be what they aim for). Of course, just because it's strange doesn't mean that it is wrong, since it mainly depends on what their purpose actually is, perhaps it is even their aim so that each member expresses what he sees in color on each different page, or something like that, thus it would be reasonable for them to be inconsistent (with each other and the manga) in that case.

According to what is written on their site (http://colorkage.com/):
    is an independent internet-based group of people who have come together to color the Naruto manga by Masashi Kishimoto. The group was started and created by the users and moderators of reddit.com/r/naruto, and the majority of the members in the group come from there. The members of the group, dubbed “Colorkage”, are all fans of this manga and are knowledgeable and well versed in different facets of art and design. The group currently consists of 25 members. Starting with our first chapter, 623, the goal of this group and this project has been to provide a more intuitive viewing and reading experience for this manga, as many people find that it is more enjoyable and easier to understand the manga in color rather than in black and white. The group only aims to enhance the manga, and hopes everyone appreciates the hours and days each member dedicates to this project. All credit for this manga goes to Masashi Kishimoto and his staff.
    As they say, their only aim is to enhance the manga in an more intuitive way. In other words (also basing on their works), each one of them basically tries to express the manga within their own perspective, which might and likely will, vary from Kishimoto's point of view and the one that we as readers actually should experience.

As you can see, 25 members is quite a lot, so it's also understandable that they aren't consistent seeing as they try to color it before the next chapter appears, though agreeing on a few basic aspects wouldn't hurt, but I guess having a set standard itself could/would conflict with them freely expressing each of their views.

I remember they days when there were a few groups coloring Naruto and other mangas, though at some point they all disappeared, so it's always good to know that a somewhat new group appeared and is willing to present those works in color and their own viewing (not to mention that it's a great way to polish their skill and gain experience, plus doing it should be fun and pleasant for them ).

@Zero,

It's all good my friend. I didn't mean to imply that you were being bad . BTW, I didn't know that others had attempted to colorize Naruto in the past. If you happen to have links to any of those past works, please send them. Thanks

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

If you happen to have links to any of those past works, please send them. Thanks
    You should try googling it first .

There a few here:
    http://www.naruto2.com/Multimedia/Na...anga-Main.aspx
    and here:
    http://narutofan-mangaforu.blogspot..../Color%20Manga

but a lot of them have been taken down and you have to remember that now are much better tools than they had then (coloring those chapter a decade ago took much longer than a week, though I doubt they had 25 members doing it , not to mention the differences in quality).

The one that I especially remember, must be the one done by a certain group that made the Daidera vs Sasuke fight happen at night, which awesome shadow and light effects, it was very interesting.

New chapters out tomorrow! I wish they were already in color xD I wonder how Obito is going to reject Naruto, so Kishi doesn't pull another Nagato.

Pretty sure Madara will likely take over the mantle as the baddest villain.

LoL, bluntman, don't make it even more awkward :

especially that after he said it, in the next chapter, he started seeing his dead lover in Naruto :p...
    It was such a juicy mistranslation that it deserves to milked for comedic value until something else catches my eye
    However Naruto has finally pulled out of Obito so I think the weirdness is finally behind us so we the readers can finally rest easy once Obito is six feet under.