Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    I'm not so sure... If Kishi is writing this way because he feels he needs emphasis and to make Obito's change back not seem rushed, I'm totally for it. However if he's just doing this to make the Manga longer so he can make more money.... It would really sour the story for me, even if it was a really good story. But for now I'll give Kishi the benefit of the doubt, more detail in a story never hurt a story in the end.
    Basically this, I'll give him a line of credit pending further activity. He's a damn good writer but I'm not sipping the Kool Aid, not reading the Gospel of Kishi where he's beyond doing things to stretch out the action. It was a good chapter, predictable as all Hell seeing as everyone saw it coming but it was good.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

I think Kishi is walking the line quite well at the moment. At least in this heart to heart that Naruto and Obito are having has gone beyond Naruto responding with 'FUCK YOU I'M GONNA BE HOKAGE OR DIE TRYING' he's hitting Obito where it hurts most. I really hope Kishi doesn't fuck it up somehow. He knows how to tell a good story so I have reasonable faith in his ability.

Obito of most people seem most conflicted with this whole idea, but yet the one who is here towards the end, but I feel like something is going to happen and Madara uses his trump card.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    I think Kishi is walking the line quite well at the moment. At least in this heart to heart that Naruto and Obito are having has gone beyond Naruto responding with 'FUCK YOU I'M GONNA BE HOKAGE OR DIE TRYING' he's hitting Obito where it hurts most. I really hope Kishi doesn't fuck it up somehow. He knows how to tell a good story so I have reasonable faith in his ability.
    I agree with you Bluntman. But I also recognize the fact that other people read the manga and interprete the nuances differently, that is all completely normal.

From my perspective, this conversation Naruto is having with Obito is further proof that Naruto is really NOT a simple Idiot anymore. Naruto understands people, and is capable of higher reasoning and not just emotional outbursts.

I do compare this conversation with Obito to Naruto's exchange with Sakura when she came to declare a FAKE love for him. Prior to their encounter, Sakura had said to the rest of their classmates that, " It's me the fool fell in love with, I will do it" or something close to that. She and others think Naruto is a simple minded fool.

Naruto's response to Sakura was " I hate people who lie to themselves",

Spoiler!

Now he's taken that same maturity a notch higher when similarly he says to Obito, "You are Uchiha Obito, and whether you like it or not, I am ripping off that mask of yours"

With theses moments, Kishimoto is moving Naruto away from Food and Fights, form Raman and Rassengans alone. I think I will enjoy this mindscape conversation between Obito and Naruto very well when it is animated. Unfortunately I am concerned that the animators may not grasp the moment very well, at least as I envision it in my mindscape. Hope Kishi doesn't revert Naruto to stereotype as we approach the ending of the series.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I agree with you Bluntman. But I also recognize the fact that other people read the manga and interprete the nuances differently, that is all completely normal.

From my perspective, this conversation Naruto is having with Obito is further proof that Naruto is really NOT a simple Idiot anymore. Naruto understands people, and is capable of higher reasoning and not just emotional outbursts.

I do compare this conversation with Obito to Naruto's exchange with Sakura when she came to declare a FAKE love for him. Prior to their encounter, Sakura had said to the rest of their classmates that, " It's me the fool fell in love with, I will do it" or something close to that. She and others think Naruto is a simple minded fool.

Naruto's response to Sakura was " I hate people who lie to themselves",

Spoiler!

Now he's taken that same maturity a notch higher when similarly he says to Obito, "You are Uchiha Obito, and whether you like it or not, I am ripping off that mask of yours"

With theses moments, Kishimoto is moving Naruto away from Food and Fights, form Raman and Rassengans alone. I think I will enjoy this mindscape conversation between Obito and Naruto very well when it is animated. Unfortunately I am concerned that the animators may not grasp the moment very well, at least as I envision it in my mindscape. Hope Kishi doesn't revert Naruto to stereotype as we approach the ending of the series.

Its almost reminiscent to why I read/watched Naruto in the first place back with Zabuza and the mist arc. Awesome speeches..

Ill admit it, I got a bit giddy when I read that part about Obito saying wants peace for everyone and Naruto "I don't want an easy shortcut. Who tells me the path is steep? Someone must have the courage to walk down it and check it..that is who the Hokage is!"

Is there a date set for the final chapter?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

People are saying spring of 2014, I hope not, there enough material to last another decade at least, we still need to see Naruto in his adult years, I think it would be horrible to see him Hokage, and not see him run it, to me that makes a near perfect story, horrible in the end, because its been building up this entire series., and would be a major let down, not to have at least one arc, showing him, and in time of glory. The whole point of this series has been, fighting can't solve everything, some times you have to talk it out, I think Obito and Naruto sharing the same goal, and different ideals, is very interesting, and shows maturity,and that a lot of politicians can't make in our world. Peace can be brought forth through peaceful conversation. Although I don't mind the action, I actually won't fool you I love the action, but its nice to see, Kishi still on the right path to show his message, which I personally feel, its Fighting can't solve everything, sometimes you have to talk it out, and you might see it eye to eye.
    Last edited by Pure Logic; 11-02-2013 at 05:53 AM.

My favorite page from this chapter. Really grasps Obito's sincerity and his suffering, and shows the difficulty Naruto has in reprimanding Obito's choices after seeing Obito's past. Naruto truly feels the depth of Obito's pain, which is why his words can reach Obito. Naruto isn't just equivalent to the innocent and idealistic Obito, but has truly passed through the same fire and come out wiser.
    Spoiler!

Color kage version

coloor kage version

The colorized version of this chapter adds more depth to the conversation between Naruto and Obito. You guys should check it out if you haven't already seen it yet.

Loved it.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

This was done amazingly. I wish they colored Bleach. xD

who else but Naruto and his mysterious power to make friends with just about anyone. It would take an incalculable amount of maturity to reach the heart of the person responsible for killing his parents, similar to what happened with Nagato. Most people would just want to rip the heads of those who've killed their loved ones.

I love how this element of the story/Naruto's character has been there since the Zabuza/ land of waves arc. And not even the most strident of haters could claim that this element has been spammed, it's not as if Naruto could reach the hearts of Hidan or Kakazu - those guys were hardcore assholes.